PDA

View Full Version : Qb situation

Kerr
06-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Marv and Fairchild can't be so stupid as to declare holcomb as the starter in the end. Mr. Dumpoff is not an aggresive qb and he's not the ideal qb to lead this offense. And I bet the only reason he's looked more flawless in practice than losman and nall is become he takes less chances and goes for the safe play. This offense is supposed to be high scoring. It's not going to happen with a limited qb like holcomb.

As far as nall goes, what did I tell you? I told you sucked. So far he's been getting chewed out by fairchild in practice.

Losman was a #1 pick and needs a full season as the starter in order to find out if he's really this club's future. That's the only way. It won't happen with holcomb as the starter.

mead107
06-08-2006, 02:47 PM
you are right . no to holcomb

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Just wait and see. Capt. Conservitive (marv) and his sidekick 'Musical QB' Jauron will do exactly that.

They dont have the smarts nor patience between them to start JP. If they do then I will be shocked.

John Doe
06-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Jauron will do the right thing for the team and start the QB who wins the job.

Michael82
06-08-2006, 04:17 PM
If Holcomb starts, I'm already off the Jauron bandwagon. The honeymoon will be completely over and the Bills will be EXPECTED to be at least 10-6 and in the playoffs. If they aren't, I will have my torch and pitchfork ready to run his ass out of town!!! :mad: :curse:

Jan Reimers
06-08-2006, 04:23 PM
If Holcomb starts, I'm already off the Jauron bandwagon. The honeymoon will be completely over and the Bills will be EXPECTED to be at least 10-6 and in the playoffs. If they aren't, I will have my torch and pitchfork ready to run his ass out of town!!! :mad: :curse:
Eloquently stated, Mikey. I'll buy the kerosene for the torches, and bring a vat of hot tar and a couple of bushels of feathers as well.

Patti120
06-08-2006, 04:25 PM
This is kind of random to ask here but I keep hearing that Detroit's new coach is cleaning up the old "clubhouse" atmosphere that was present in Detroit.

Now, does this simply mean that they wanted the players there to enjoy the teams facilities and so they kind of let them hang out and enjoy the atmosphere there in the hopes that the players would step up and perform on Sundays? (which Detroit didn't)

Or does it mean that the team was wrought with a lackadasical attitude which led to a lack of discipline, etc. I believe Jauron was assistant head coach and then named head coach after they let Mariucci go.

So basically I wonder what effect, if any this might have here if this is the way Jauron will run this outfit. He has been called a players coach and kind of low key as well, so I don't really know what to think or how this could effect the team.

Thoughts?

PcA125
06-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Losman was a #1 pick and needs a full season as the starter in order to find out if he's really this club's future. That's the only way. It won't happen with holcomb as the starter.

Exactly :bf1:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-08-2006, 06:21 PM
can some one please tell me where you are reading that Holcomb is getting all the reps and that he is looking better in practice?

X-Era
06-08-2006, 06:27 PM
can some one please tell me where you are reading that Holcomb is getting all the reps and that he is looking better in practice?

Exactly right, where does this crap come from. I havent seen squat about him being the starter other than Shefter reporting it which is most likely the typical ultra-conservative reporter crap where they label last years starter as this years starter.

Theres nothing to it. In fact, JP has reportedly been looking really good other than offseason rust (dumb picks). In fact, hes playing the best out of the 3.

That said, the coaches have said that all 3 will rotate reps with the first team.

Put it this way, I will consider ALL games with Holcomb at the helm as a automatic loss. Both for now and our future.

He sucks now, then, and in the future.

socalfan
06-08-2006, 09:08 PM

Try Brown's OTA reports on BuffaloBills.com.

patmoran2006
06-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Holcomb hasnt been named anything, but he's been taking most the snaps with the first team to this point...

It's very simple boys and girls.. JP will be the starter IF and ONLY if he earns it.. He'll have every chance, but if he cant beat out Kelly Holcomb he doesnt DESERVE To start..

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Try Brown's OTA reports on BuffaloBills.com.

report after report after report ALL offseason. In the first OTA I believe Chris brown said Holcomb then JP then Nall got a few snaps each with the first string, then Holcomb was working with them the rest of the practice.

This has been a constant theme.

HHURRICANE
06-09-2006, 08:42 AM

I am with you here! Losman has way more upside and will at least get the ball downfield. He is also the better athlete. Why can't this stupid team give him his playing time?! If he had played all 16 games last year would we even be having this conversation? No! He would either be the starter or Matt Leinart would be our QB. I am so over stupid decisions.