PDA

View Full Version : OTA Day 11: Watson Gets First Practice In

justasportsfan
06-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Buffalo's newest linebacker was on the field taking reps during team work on Thursday. Courtney Watson, as expected, lined up at middle linebacker getting some second team reps.

"I always hoped coming out of college that I would get to play in a defense that dealt with zone matchups," said Watson.

Watson used an armband with a list of defensive play calls to ensure that he knew his assignment on each given play.

J.P. Losman got first crack at the two minute drill in team work Thursday. The drive stalled after a failed third down conversion inside the defense's 40-yard line. Roscoe Parrish had two receptions on the drive.

Losman had a nice looking pass that covered 20-25 yards on its way to Parrish along the sideline. He dropped the pass into a tight spot just over the cornerback and just underneath the safety.

Craig Nall led the next two-minute possession. It too ended without a touchdown. Andre Davis had a couple of catches on the drive.

Bills offensive quality control coach Alex Van Pelt began blowing a whistle to signal a sack would have taken place under live playing conditions. Van Pelt credited the defense with a pair of sacks during the two-minute drill segment.

Catch of the day
Roscoe Parrish earned this honor Thursday. The second-year receiver twisted around to reach behind his body with both hands to make a catch without breaking stride on his route. It looked so easy you would have almost thought the pass was right on target.

Cornerback LaShaun Ward was unable to finish practice after suffering an injury while trying to cover Evans on a deep route. Evans went right past him and caught a pass from Losman in stride that would have went for a touchdown.

:bf1: JP to Evans

more............... http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3809

Italian Stallion
06-08-2006, 02:53 PM
why the F#$% is he wearing # 60????

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 03:04 PM
Hummm Watson = Fletchers replacement next year? Depending on his work ethic and how he shows in camp/ the 06 season, I wouldn't object to it. He seemed to have a good upside coming out of school.

JP to Evans...nuff said.

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 03:06 PM
"Defense
The defensive units appeared to put more pressure on the quarterback in Thursday's session. It didn't appear as though the defense was installing blitz packages, but they were finding ways to get to the quarterback. "

Maybe it should have been Justice instead of McCargo after all?

BidsJr
06-08-2006, 03:52 PM
"Defense
The defensive units appeared to put more pressure on the quarterback in Thursday's session. It didn't appear as though the defense was installing blitz packages, but they were finding ways to get to the quarterback. "

Maybe it should have been Justice instead of McCargo after all?

Maybe it was McCargo getting some of the pressure?

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Maybe it was McCargo getting some of the pressure?

Against this OL it could have been Mr MaGoo.

Dr. Lecter
06-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Against this OL it could have been Mr MaGoo.

Really?

What have you seen from the new O-line and new starters that makes you say this?

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Really?

What have you seen from the new O-line and new starters that makes you say this?

We are getting pressure from backup/ Rotational guys thats what. Apperantly there isn't much TO see from this new OL.

Dr. Lecter
06-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Can we let them work together before we go nuts?

justasportsfan
06-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Against this OL it could have been Mr MaGoo.the Ol that Marv built via the FA that you praised him on ? You're confusing yourself. No wonder why you can't make it past pop warner. You can't even agree with yourself.

Jan Reimers
06-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah, it's just a tad early to reach any lasting coclusions.

Tatonka
06-08-2006, 05:28 PM
rofl.. ice was up marvs butt on everything he did.. and now his manic depression is back and he is hating again.

:roflmao:

patmoran2006
06-08-2006, 09:33 PM
the Ol that Marv built via the FA that you praised him on ? You're confusing yourself. No wonder why you can't make it past pop warner. You can't even agree with yourself.
I just "thanked" you for the first time, I think..

WTF..

He was all on Marv's jock like Paris on Matt with our OL moves in FA.. Because we didnt draft Winston Justice now Mr McGaoo can get to our QB?? LOL what a CLOWN!

I'm just glad your ALL finally starting to see what I KNEW all along.. I saw through that CRAP from day one..Remember Jim Carey's character in Me, Myself and Irene? That's your boy right there.

There are only FIVE OL starters, we signed TWO in FA.. That's 40% of a BRAND NEW OL.. Did we forget Peters will have a year's experience at Tackle and Gandy is likely to get better not having to cover Bennie Anderson's ass on every passing play?

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 10:00 PM
the Ol that Marv built via the FA that you praised him on ? You're confusing yourself. No wonder why you can't make it past pop warner. You can't even agree with yourself.

I have to ask, when will your posts ever contain anything more than 2nd grade rantings?

Both issues have been explained to you in detail on many occasions. Is it honestly that hard for you? It really can't be broken down much further.

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 10:01 PM
rofl.. ice was up marvs butt on everything he did.. and now his manic depression is back and he is hating again.

:roflmao:

No he made a couple good moves, then fugged up the draft, continues letting holcomb take the meat of the snaps with the first string etc.

ICE74129
06-08-2006, 10:01 PM

They have been, and apperantly suck

Dr. Lecter
06-08-2006, 10:07 PM
In OTA's Ice.

They mean very little as to how well a NEW line will work together.

I know you are smart enough to know that, so come on and give the new guys a break.

billsburgh
06-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Yeah, it's just a tad early to reach any lasting coclusions.
they're not even wearing pads yet or playing real football.

justasportsfan
06-09-2006, 06:08 AM
they're not even wearing pads yet or playing real football.

Ice didn't know that. His Ota's are mandatory where his players must have the parents consent.

This is a picture of Ice and his training facility. His qb in front of him is going through their gameplan. Whenever they win a football game, the players get 10 tokens each.

ICE74129
06-09-2006, 06:52 AM
Ice didn't know that. His Ota's are mandatory where his players must have the parents consent.

This is a picture of Ice and his training facility. His qb in front of him is going through their gameplan. Whenever they win a football game, the players get 10 tokens each.

It didn't take long for you to post a reportable personal attack. That aside, Grow up already. You dont' coach, can't coach, and don't (from your posts) understand football. You post like a child. Every single thing you try to get a pathetic barb in that most just shake their heads at.

OTA's have never been manditory, but those that show play. Thats how it is across america. The sooner you come to grips with that, the sooner you can start to understand the sport of football.

ICE74129
06-09-2006, 06:55 AM
In OTA's Ice.

They mean very little as to how well a NEW line will work together.

I know you are smart enough to know that, so come on and give the new guys a break.

Then why the OTA's if they mean nothing? Why is it across america that EVERY LEVEL of football has them. the guys that show up somehow start for some reason. Funny I know, but its true.

Skill is skill. If they are getting beat without pads, they aren't going to have the speed and technique in them to stop the DL. This is another case of going out and finding an upgrade at Center, but not much else. But hey, feel good that we have the oft injured and older Villiral at RG, The guy that was out of football the year before last manning LT...you know the most important position on the line. And even better a ton (litterally) of average LG's rotating in and out because we dont' have a legit LG on this team yet.

But hey, lack of talent has nothing to do with it....its just OTA's

Turf
06-09-2006, 07:11 AM
I don't see how anyone can draw any conclusions from these camps when they barely hit and basically run around pretending to play. Not only that, are some of you standing on the sidelines with the coaches watching these guys play? Where do these opinions get drawn from?