• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

So if the Sabres had won the ECF.......

Over a team with 4 injured D-man and a top forward out due having a scrambled brain would we care?

I sure as hell would not.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: So if the Sabres had won the ECF.......

Nope I wouldnt.

I would have been PISSED if we even lost one game to them if that was the situation.

It's more like playing against an AHL D than anything. I love how these canes fans think their team is god..or a soon-to-be dynasty, it really is hilarious.

Luckiest team EVER.
    They should thank the Sabres and Oilers for their injuries which allowed them to take the cup.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• PcA125
      • May 2006

Its not over yet... The oilers could still come back....maybe
      Cheers!

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
        Nope I wouldnt.

I would have been PISSED if we even lost one game to them if that was the situation.

It's more like playing against an AHL D than anything. I love how these canes fans think their team is god..or a soon-to-be dynasty, it really is hilarious.

Luckiest team EVER.
        They should thank the Sabres and Oilers for their injuries which allowed them to take the cup.
        Dude...get a grip and get over it.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Gmcc24
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
          Nope I wouldnt.

Luckiest team EVER.
          Yea....truly. I mean, technically...we were suppose to lose the series according to "experts" but the Sabres team have heart. Any team would be pissed if they lost to a team that had so many injuries. An AHL defense just like JD said lol.

Secondly, whats done is done...but I agree with the fact that Canes fans are foolish to think this Canes team is like.....the 80's Oilers. They're a good team, i'm not taking away from them in that aspect...but they're lucky...plain simple. 7 games to beat a team with so many injuries...but they're so amazing though? Hmm....allrighty then. They may whoop the Oilers ass because Rolosson is out of the game....but I think the Canes are better regardless, as hard as it is to say that. But....the only reason they beat the Sabres is because they were so badly injured. I'm gonna leave it alone before people accuse me of *****in lol.

Third, I won't count the Oilers out yet for a couple of reasons. Number 1...they're at home, and anyone who has seen an Oilers home game on TV knows that their fans are some of the loudest in the NHL. They'll make RBC sound like a Squirt hockey game. Point number 2.....they've been down 2-0 before...against the sharks. They'll be fine. But if they lose 1 at home, its over lol. Good day....

Comment

• Gmcc24
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by RockStar36
            And let him talk about it, its only the truth lol. Most people are over what happened last series, but are simply agitated because of the circumstances of how this happened

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Its not the Hurricanes fault that the Sabres encountered those injuries. It does leave a bad taste in my mouth just like the "no goal" because it caused the healthier team to win and not the better overall team but again its not the Hurricanes fault. It's not like they should say, sorry we'll let you win because you are hurt and are the better team man for man. They did what they had to do. They fielded the better team on game 7 thanks to the injuries but you can't hold it against them.

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by RockStar36
                Maybe if you were living in Buffalo during this..or took a trip to see the team in nc, you wouldnt have gotten over it oh so quickly sweetheart. Go jump on the Hurricanes wagon.
                “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

No he is right JD.

Get over it. The Sabres ran into a bunch injuries and lost. It sucks.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• JD
                    Sabres Zone
                    • Sep 2003

I am over the Sabres loss.

Not over the Hurricanes winning, because they dont deserve it. They flat out got lucky and thats all there is to it.

Comment

• Demon
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      No he is right JD.

Get over it. The Sabres ran into a bunch injuries and lost. It sucks.
                      We were the best team. Theres nothing to get over.

Carolina will win the cup, but like JD said, they don't deserve it and saying get over it is very wrong to say because it's not sour grapes, it's reality. Carolina was very lucky and if my team played a team with so many injuries, i wouldn't care either, but i wouldn't be too impressed with my team going to 7 games with them and then still needed a strong last 20 minutes to put them away. I'd be happy we won, but seriously we'd all be thanking god every night for those injuries because we knew it wasn't a 100% legit win.
                      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• EpiK-KA14
                        • May 2006

#1 - You guys had a lot of heart and your scrubs played way over your heads

#2 - The Canes have a history of playing down to the level of their competition

#3 - The outcome would have been the same, or the Canes would have taken it in 5 or 6 because we would have taken you seriously if not for your injuries.

End of Story, have a nice day.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          Over a team with 4 injured D-man and a top forward out due having a scrambled brain would we care?

I sure as hell would not.

injuries are part of the game.we just got blasted with them at the wrong time.regardless,it was a VERY successful season.we did better than i thought.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by EpiK-KA14
                            #3 - The outcome would have been the same, or the Canes would have taken it in 5 or 6 because we would have taken you seriously if not for your injuries.

End of Story, have a nice day.

Carolina didn't take the Conference Finals seriously?

Boy, talk about delusional.

Face facts: It took you 7 games to beat the Buffalo Americans.

Worst. Cup Winners. Ever.
                            "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                            We are the Rockpile
                            We are the Rockpile
                            BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by SABuffalo786
                              Carolina didn't take the Conference Finals seriously?

Boy, talk about delusional.

Face facts: It took you 7 games to beat the Buffalo Americans.

Worst. Cup Winners. Ever.
                              Face the facts, we are in the finals, your not.

Comment

Working...
                              X