PDA

View Full Version : So if the Sabres had won the ECF.......

Dr. Lecter
06-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Over a team with 4 injured D-man and a top forward out due having a scrambled brain would we care?

I sure as hell would not.

JD
06-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Nope I wouldnt.

I would have been PISSED if we even lost one game to them if that was the situation.

It's more like playing against an AHL D than anything. I love how these canes fans think their team is god..or a soon-to-be dynasty, it really is hilarious.

Luckiest team EVER.
They should thank the Sabres and Oilers for their injuries which allowed them to take the cup.

PcA125
06-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Its not over yet... The oilers could still come back....maybe

RockStar36
06-08-2006, 04:31 PM
Nope I wouldnt.

I would have been PISSED if we even lost one game to them if that was the situation.

It's more like playing against an AHL D than anything. I love how these canes fans think their team is god..or a soon-to-be dynasty, it really is hilarious.

Luckiest team EVER.
They should thank the Sabres and Oilers for their injuries which allowed them to take the cup.

Dude...get a grip and get over it.

Gmcc24
06-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Nope I wouldnt.

Luckiest team EVER.

Yea....truly. I mean, technically...we were suppose to lose the series according to "experts" but the Sabres team have heart. Any team would be pissed if they lost to a team that had so many injuries. An AHL defense just like JD said lol.

Secondly, whats done is done...but I agree with the fact that Canes fans are foolish to think this Canes team is like.....the 80's Oilers. They're a good team, i'm not taking away from them in that aspect...but they're lucky...plain simple. 7 games to beat a team with so many injuries...but they're so amazing though? Hmm....allrighty then. They may whoop the Oilers ass because Rolosson is out of the game....but I think the Canes are better regardless, as hard as it is to say that. But....the only reason they beat the Sabres is because they were so badly injured. I'm gonna leave it alone before people accuse me of *****in lol.

Third, I won't count the Oilers out yet for a couple of reasons. Number 1...they're at home, and anyone who has seen an Oilers home game on TV knows that their fans are some of the loudest in the NHL. They'll make RBC sound like a Squirt hockey game. Point number 2.....they've been down 2-0 before...against the sharks. They'll be fine. But if they lose 1 at home, its over lol. Good day....

Gmcc24
06-08-2006, 04:54 PM

And let him talk about it, its only the truth lol. Most people are over what happened last series, but are simply agitated because of the circumstances of how this happened

don137
06-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Its not the Hurricanes fault that the Sabres encountered those injuries. It does leave a bad taste in my mouth just like the "no goal" because it caused the healthier team to win and not the better overall team but again its not the Hurricanes fault. It's not like they should say, sorry we'll let you win because you are hurt and are the better team man for man. They did what they had to do. They fielded the better team on game 7 thanks to the injuries but you can't hold it against them.

JD
06-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Maybe if you were living in Buffalo during this..or took a trip to see the team in nc, you wouldnt have gotten over it oh so quickly sweetheart. Go jump on the Hurricanes wagon.

Dr. Lecter
06-08-2006, 07:39 PM
No he is right JD.

Get over it. The Sabres ran into a bunch injuries and lost. It sucks.

JD
06-08-2006, 09:09 PM
I am over the Sabres loss.

Not over the Hurricanes winning, because they dont deserve it. They flat out got lucky and thats all there is to it.

Demon
06-08-2006, 09:21 PM
No he is right JD.

Get over it. The Sabres ran into a bunch injuries and lost. It sucks.

We were the best team. Theres nothing to get over.

Carolina will win the cup, but like JD said, they don't deserve it and saying get over it is very wrong to say because it's not sour grapes, it's reality. Carolina was very lucky and if my team played a team with so many injuries, i wouldn't care either, but i wouldn't be too impressed with my team going to 7 games with them and then still needed a strong last 20 minutes to put them away. I'd be happy we won, but seriously we'd all be thanking god every night for those injuries because we knew it wasn't a 100% legit win.

EpiK-KA14
06-08-2006, 09:58 PM
#1 - You guys had a lot of heart and your scrubs played way over your heads

#2 - The Canes have a history of playing down to the level of their competition

#3 - The outcome would have been the same, or the Canes would have taken it in 5 or 6 because we would have taken you seriously if not for your injuries.

End of Story, have a nice day.

SABURZFAN
06-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Over a team with 4 injured D-man and a top forward out due having a scrambled brain would we care?

I sure as hell would not.

injuries are part of the game.we just got blasted with them at the wrong time.regardless,it was a VERY successful season.we did better than i thought.

SABuffalo786
06-08-2006, 11:54 PM
#3 - The outcome would have been the same, or the Canes would have taken it in 5 or 6 because we would have taken you seriously if not for your injuries.

Carolina didn't take the Conference Finals seriously?

Boy, talk about delusional.

Face facts: It took you 7 games to beat the Buffalo Americans.

Worst. Cup Winners. Ever.

BleedinGreenNC
06-09-2006, 06:31 AM
Carolina didn't take the Conference Finals seriously?

Boy, talk about delusional.

Face facts: It took you 7 games to beat the Buffalo Americans.

Worst. Cup Winners. Ever.

Face the facts, we are in the finals, your not.

don137
06-09-2006, 06:36 AM
#1 - You guys had a lot of heart and your scrubs played way over your heads

#2 - The Canes have a history of playing down to the level of their competition

If a team plays to the level of the competition in the playoffs then they are not well coached team and lack good leadership. I don't buy your excuse for a minute. I could see that for a few games in the season but not in the playoffs. If you don't get jacked up to play in the playoffs then you do not deserve to be there. So its either the Canes are a poorly coached team and have poor leaders and play to the level of the competition in the plaoffs or they barely beat an injury depleted team who was superior man for man when healthy. I believe the Canes have a good coach, even though I despise him, and a good captain so that leads me to believe they squeaked by a injury rittled team and would of lost to them had they no encountered so many injuries.

RockStar36
06-09-2006, 09:59 AM

They are in the finals, not you.

RockStar36
06-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Maybe if you were living in Buffalo during this..or took a trip to see the team in nc, you wouldnt have gotten over it oh so quickly sweetheart. Go jump on the Hurricanes wagon.

Hmmm...so I have to live in Buffalo to take this loss so seriously. Look, I was as depressed as any loyal Sabre fan after the loss and yes the Canes lucked out w/ the Sabres having so many injuries and Roloson getting hurt in Game 1. Yes I agree that if the Sabres were healthy they would have ran over the Canes. But there is no sense is hashing it up and whining about it in every thread. The Sabres will be back stronger than ever next year and I'm sure that the Canes will be fighting for the 7th or 8th seed.

BTW...check a map. It's not like a live across the country from Buffalo.

carybillsfan
06-09-2006, 11:02 AM
I am over the Sabres loss.

Not over the Hurricanes winning, because they dont deserve it. They flat out got lucky and thats all there is to it.

Okay here is what i heard from you JD:
1. The Hurricanes didn't desrve to win the ECF, because they beat a team with an AHL defense and it took them 7 games.
2. The sabres did not deserve to win because clearly the team, the one with the AHL defense, was not of NHL caliber and should not have won a single game in the ECF.
3. There is never any luck involved in sports, the better always wins and a team like say Edmonton didn't get a few lucky breaks to get to the Finals. Because clearly Detroit, through their regular season record, was the better team and deserved to win.

So if I total it up this, according to you, just like last year nobody should get their name on the cup because the 2 teams that are there were lucky and don't deserve it.

Get real.

chernobylwraiths
06-09-2006, 11:05 AM

you're

carybillsfan
06-09-2006, 11:08 AM
If a team plays to the level of the competition in the playoffs then they are not well coached team and lack good leadership. I don't buy your excuse for a minute. I could see that for a few games in the season but not in the playoffs. If you don't get jacked up to play in the playoffs then you do not deserve to be there. So its either the Canes are a poorly coached team and have poor leaders and play to the level of the competition in the plaoffs or they barely beat an injury depleted team who was superior man for man when healthy. I believe the Canes have a good coach, even though I despise him, and a good captain so that leads me to believe they squeaked by a injury rittled team and would of lost to them had they no encountered so many injuries.

Or could it be that the Sabres just played with a ton of heart despite the injuries, but in game 7 nobody stepped up to win the game for them?

Talk about bad coaching don't even get me started on Lindy, up 3-1 in game 5 and went intoa defensive shell early in the second period. 2-1 in the third of game 7 with 20 minutes to reach the finals and your team comes out flat. Never made adjustments on the powerplay or pentalty killing throughout the series.

chernobylwraiths
06-09-2006, 11:16 AM
I don't like it but the Sabres lost. I'm dealing with it.

I don't like it but the Hurricanes will now probably win the Stanley Cup. I won't like it but I will deal with it.

Sabres had some tough breaks, but **** happens. Plus, as I have always said, I would rather be lucky than good.

carybillsfan
06-09-2006, 11:18 AM
I don't like it but the Sabres lost. I'm dealing with it.

I don't like it but the Hurricanes will now probably win the Stanley Cup. I won't like it but I will deal with it.

Sabres had some tough breaks, but **** happens. Plus, as I have always said, I would rather be lucky than good.

I hope everyone would rather be lucky than good.

SABuffalo786
06-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Sabres lost, I can respect and deal with that.

Carolina's probably going to win the Cup, I can deal with that too.

But I will NEVER respect them. Ever.

carybillsfan
06-09-2006, 12:00 PM

No ones asking you to.

BleedinGreenNC
06-09-2006, 01:39 PM

I pinch!

SABuffalo786
06-09-2006, 07:26 PM

Indeed.

Congratulations to the Carolina Hurricanes. 2006 Stanley Cup default champs. :rolleyes:

SABuffalo786
06-09-2006, 07:27 PM
No ones asking you to.

Then why do you insist on starting a thread telling us to get over it and cheer on the Candy Canes?

BleedinGreenNC
06-10-2006, 07:08 AM
Indeed.

Congratulations to the Carolina Hurricanes. 2006 Stanley Cup default champs. :rolleyes:

Hey congratulations to the Buffalo Sabres, the 2006 Stanley Cup Champions, if we had all our guys, if the ice was better, Carolina wasnt diving, or the refs didnt hate us, if we werent associated with the Bills, if the stars were aligned.......blah,blah,blah.

SABuffalo786
06-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Hey congratulations to the Buffalo Sabres, the 2006 Stanley Cup Champions, if we had all our guys, if the ice was better, Carolina wasnt diving, or the refs didnt hate us, if we werent associated with the Bills, if the stars were aligned.......blah,blah,blah.

Buffalo complaining about the ice? Sure thing, Mr. Laviolette. :rolleyes:

Funny how all the things you mentioned (save for the Bills) were all things the Candy Canes *****ed about during our series...

BleedinGreenNC
06-10-2006, 08:45 AM
Buffalo complaining about the ice? Sure thing, Mr. Laviolette. :rolleyes:

Funny how all the things you mentioned (save for the Bills) were all things the Candy Canes *****ed about during our series...

So your team wasnt *****ing about players diving?

RockStar36
06-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Yes they were Bleed, but do you disagree? I can name two instances off the top of my head where a Canes player took a blatant dive.

BleedinGreenNC
06-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Yes they were Bleed, but do you disagree? I can name two instances off the top of my head where a Canes player took a blatant dive.

i am not disputing that at all, and i think you have a right to complain, but the refs didnt call it, from what i saw, both sides were doing it!