PDA

View Full Version : A memorable goal that shouldn't have been

SabreEleven
06-09-2006, 07:30 AM
BUFFALO - As Mike Modano stood amidst the bedlam that engulfed the Dallas Stars' locker room on June 19, 1999, he wore the same crooked grin a four-year-old boy gives his mother when he has just done something naughty.

With champagne corks popping and the bubbly being sprayed all around him creating a Niagara Falls-type mist, Modano was asked to give his opinion of the Stanley Cup-winning goal scored by his linemate, Brett Hull, 14:51 into the third overtime period of Game 6.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/5669418

I love digging up old bones....

carybillsfan
06-09-2006, 11:15 AM
I still remember leaving that game and going to Chipewa, where the bars were absolutely silent. It was kind of eerie, a terrible way to end the season.

MTBillsFan
06-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Bettman is a bastard! I guess if we want a cup we have to be in his back pocket as well.

hammerbillsfan
06-09-2006, 12:33 PM
They showed him at the game the other night, even he was filling seats in the RBC Center. :lol:

Gmcc24
06-09-2006, 02:14 PM
That was a horrible moment. I remember being in 7th grade sitting, and watching the game with my family...and soon as Hull scored I shouted "no goal". I remember watching the game on ESPN and they made no mention of it when he scored, I didn't even find out that his foot was in the crease until I turned it to CBC and they was talking about it. Don Cherry's fat ass insisted it was a goal...fat **** lol. Anywayz, **** happens..and Bettman is a bastard indeed

chubluv
06-09-2006, 06:20 PM
One of the sports guys from channel 2 was on wgr yesterday. He was talking about how he had to interview Hull after that game. He said Brett was sitting on top of the lockers hugging the cup while *****ing about the in the crease rule. The rule should never exist I wasn't in the crease etc.etc.etc..

PUCKER
06-11-2006, 02:24 AM
:sigh: When we saw that goal...talk about DEAD silence...