PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carruci's not to happy with QB situation...

bigbub2352
06-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Vic Carrucci on 103.3 the edge, not a huge fan of the QB situation, he said there is no front runner and that Craig Nall has really struggled, also said JP has had his moments and looks like he is in great shape and looks bigger and stronger then he did last year, said he is throwing bulletts to the receivers, not much to say about Kelly, said that he is not sure if the Bills starting QB is on the roster yet, he said that quite possibly that the Bills will go thru the preseason and not like any of them and try to pick up a vet after the training camp cuts..

Other than that said he liked the Courtney Watson trade and thinks the Bills definitly made out on it, said Watson has on the athletism in the world and he ran a 4.5 coming out of college, he thinks change of scenary is what he needed.

Also was not a fan of Thurman Thomas's comments said Thurman should do his home work before talking about the Bills....

Also said Bill Polian had Donte Whitner ranked number 1 on his draft board and said there was no way he would have made it to them the Colts, he also said there was no way McCargo would have made it out of the first round as well, so he thinks the bills had and excellent draft

That is all till next week....

McGahee420
06-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the post, very interesting.

justasportsfan
06-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Also said Bill Polian had Donte Whitner ranked number 1 on his draft board and said there was no way he would have made it to them the Colts, he also said there was no way McCargo would have made it out of the first round as well, so he thinks the bills had and excellent draft

The qb's are learning a new system where in 2 of the 3 are young and very inexperienced. I'm not surprised they aren't impressing anyone at camp. It's not hard to imagine that vet qb's from other teams playing in the same system for years are going to look so much smoother than our qb's. Not only are our qbs learning but our wr's , OL and TE's.

What does Poilan know? They guy is misinformed . ICE's knows better than Poilan since Poilan pretty much gave a thumbs up with the players we took. Poilan and Marv don't get it.

Night Train
06-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Vic isn't happy about the QB situation because he made the dumb prediction last month that Nall would be the starter. So far, according to Chris Brown and the local sports reporters, he's looked the worst of the 3. :rolleyes:

ublinkwescore
06-09-2006, 09:00 AM
That was somewhat encouraging.

I hope Losman does pull through.

Jauron733
06-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Anything that Carucci says positive about JP is HUGE. All the guy has ever done for the past year is rip the kid. You should hear him on the radio- on Shredd and Ragan once a week- it often seems like he just hates him. I don't really understand why. So if he's saying good things I think that its a really good sign.

Billsrock4life
06-09-2006, 10:20 AM
That was somewhat encouraging.

I hope Losman does pull through.

same here I'm hoping JP gets the job

McGahee420
06-09-2006, 10:33 AM
What does Poilan know? They guy is misinformed . ICE's knows better than Poilan since Poilan pretty much gave a thumbs up with the players we took. Poilan and Marv don't get it.

I hope your being sarcastic?

Bill Cody
06-09-2006, 10:50 AM
I hope your being sarcastic?

No, Ice really does know more than Polian.:lol:

bigbub2352
06-09-2006, 12:38 PM
u r right jauron733, i started a post about it a while back saying Vic Carucci pisses me off, he rips him all the time it is very weird

Mr. Pink
06-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Also was not a fan of Thurman Thomas's comments said Thurman should do his home work before talking about the Bills....

But I thought that "thurman gets it." What happened?

justasportsfan
06-12-2006, 10:47 AM
It makes you feel SO much better about our draft doesn't it :roflmao:
bump for ICe.

BillsFever21
06-12-2006, 11:01 AM
You're telling me Whitner was above Bush, Ferguson and Mario Williams on the Colts' draft board? I don't believe for one second he would've drafted Whitner over them guys.

He was most likely #1 on his board of players he had an outside chance of drafting. I don't buy for 1 second he was the overall #1 on his draft board.

That would be like in the Bills' case they had realistic players that could be drafted on the top of their board. Players they know would never be there like Bush is useless at the top of their board because they have no shot at drafting them.

That is the intention of being the #1 overall on his board. Players with a realistic shot of being drafted. If you're trying to tell me he would take Whitner over Bush then I have a nice Island I would like to sell you in the suburbs of Alaska.

When he says #1 on his board it could mean 3 types of #1's. The #1 overall player in the draft on his board. The #1 player on their board that they could possibly have a chance of drafting or the #1 player on their board at the time the Bills selection was up.

ICE74129
06-12-2006, 11:12 AM
Vic Carrucci on 103.3 the edge, not a huge fan of the QB situation, he said there is no front runner and that Craig Nall has really struggled, also said JP has had his moments and looks like he is in great shape and looks bigger and stronger then he did last year, said he is throwing bulletts to the receivers, not much to say about Kelly, said that he is not sure if the Bills starting QB is on the roster yet, he said that quite possibly that the Bills will go thru the preseason and not like any of them and try to pick up a vet after the training camp cuts..

Other than that said he liked the Courtney Watson trade and thinks the Bills definitly made out on it, said Watson has on the athletism in the world and he ran a 4.5 coming out of college, he thinks change of scenary is what he needed.

Vic has lost all credibility with me. first off Thurman was dead on with his comments. Second unless his buddy Jim Kelly was QB then NO ONE is worthy in his opinion.

I am willing to bet Whitner was NOT #1 on Polians board. that is pure crap.

Vic is getting worse by the year.

justasportsfan
06-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Vic has lost all credibility with me. first off Thurman was dead on with his comments. Second unless his buddy Jim Kelly was QB then NO ONE is worthy in his opinion.

I am willing to bet Whitner was NOT #1 on Polians board. that is pure crap.

Vic is getting worse by the year.
Yeah right. Blame Vic for false reporting so you don't have to deal with Poilan's comments about our draft..

if it's true that poilan thought highly of our picks and said we had a great draft. Are you going to change your mind again?

justasportsfan
06-12-2006, 11:29 AM
How about Leo Roth ,Ice. No credibility too?

Polian liked Whitner: The Bills use of the No. 8 overall pick on Ohio State strong safety Donte Whitner instead of USC quarterback Matt Leinart drew outrage in some circles, but Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian applauded the move.

#

Marv Levy used six picks on defensive players to play the same scheme used by the Colts under Tony Dungy.

"I know (Levy's being criticized) but the guy they took was the No. 1 guy on our board," said Polian, the Bills ex-GM. "I didn't study Leinart enough to give you an informed opinion because the last time I checked we had a quarterback (All-Pro Peyton Manning).

"But that kid's a great defensive football player. I'd be shocked if he doesn't turn out to be a great player."

The Colts had the 30th pick and knew Whitner wouldn't slip to them, Polian said.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060606/SPORTS03/606060347/1007/SPORTS

ICE74129
06-12-2006, 11:33 AM
How about Leo Roth ,Ice. No credibility too?

Polian liked Whitner: The Bills use of the No. 8 overall pick on Ohio State strong safety Donte Whitner instead of USC quarterback Matt Leinart drew outrage in some circles, but Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian applauded the move.

#

Marv Levy used six picks on defensive players to play the same scheme used by the Colts under Tony Dungy.

"I know (Levy's being criticized) but the guy they took was the No. 1 guy on our board," said Polian, the Bills ex-GM. "I didn't study Leinart enough to give you an informed opinion because the last time I checked we had a quarterback (All-Pro Peyton Manning).

"But that kid's a great defensive football player. I'd be shocked if he doesn't turn out to be a great player."

The Colts had the 30th pick and knew Whitner wouldn't slip to them, Polian said.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060606/SPORTS03/606060347/1007/SPORTS

Name for me a time in NFL history where another GM says 'God, their draft ****ing sucked'.

You guys are so full of crap it isn't funny. What is Polian going to say? 'I don't know what the **** they were thinking, Marv has lost is ****ing mind'? Uh no. He is going to say the PC thing and you damn well know it.

And yes I am willing to bet Whitner was NOT #1 on their draft board.

justasportsfan
06-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Name for me a time in NFL history where another GM says 'God, their draft ****ing sucked'.

You guys are so full of crap it isn't funny. What is Polian going to say? 'I don't know what the **** they were thinking, Marv has lost is ****ing mind'? Uh no. He is going to say the PC thing and you damn well know it.

And yes I am willing to bet Whitner was NOT #1 on their draft board.So Polian doesn't get in too?:snicker:

If you're calling Polian a liar, that's up to you to prove.

It's pretty obvious now that YOU don't get it which is why you'll never be an NFL coach. There's always room for an internet coach :D .

ICE74129
06-12-2006, 11:49 AM
So Polian doesn't get in too?:snicker:

If you're calling Polian a liar, that's up to you to prove.

It's pretty obvious now that YOU don't get it which is why you'll never be an NFL coach. There's always room for an internet coach :D .

See in the real world its being PC and covering your buddies ass. If I were polian and my old bud marv just screwed the pooch, I would cover his ass by saying I felt he made good picks that I would have made myself.

Privately I would call him up and ask WTF??? Look Polian is never going to rip on marv, so he isn't going to say he screwed the draft.

BTW...isn't this the same GM that brought in Nall? So which is it, is he good or does he suck?

justasportsfan
06-12-2006, 11:55 AM
See in the real world its being PC and covering your buddies ass. If I were polian and my old bud marv just screwed the pooch, I would cover his ass by saying I felt he made good picks that I would have made myself.

Privately I would call him up and ask WTF??? Look Polian is never going to rip on marv, so he isn't going to say he screwed the draft.

BTW...isn't this the same GM that brought in Nall? So which is it, is he good or does he suck?
Dodging the bullet by calling Polian a liar. So prove to everyone here that Polan is a liar! You can't !!!

He won't rip on Marv but I doubt he'd go as far to lie and say Whitner was no. 1 in their borads.

Everyone's credibility sucks except yours. Yeah right. You can't even agree with yourself. Let us know when you finally make it to the top college ranks . For now, your credibility is equal to Skoobs. :up:

BTW, looks like Carriucci wasn't a liar after all.

ICE74129
06-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Dodging the bullet by calling Polian a liar. So prove to everyone here that Polan is a liar! You can't !!!

He won't rip on Marv but I doubt he'd go as far to lie and say Whitner was no. 1 in their borads.

Everyone's credibility sucks except yours. Yeah right. You can't even agree with yourself. Let us know when you finally make it to the top college ranks . For now, your credibility is equal to Skoobs. :up:

BTW, looks like Carriucci wasn't a liar after all.

Other than Carriucci saying Whitner was #1 I have seen nothing from Polian himself.

Justa, he is covering his old buddies ass. You need to wake up and see that.

justasportsfan
06-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Other than Carriucci saying Whitner was #1 I have seen nothing from Polian himself.

Justa, he is covering his old buddies ass. You need to wake up and see that.
two people reported that. Until you can prove them to be both liars, you have nothing. You have no sources. Either ways, both reported Polian liked our draft .

Let me interpret Polians words "Marv get's it" :roflmao:

Since you thought so highly of Polian , where does that leave you? :crazy:

bigbub2352
06-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Nobody will no anything until 2008 about the draft so everybody will need to relax until then, Polian is pretty well respected and i think i like what he had to say PC or not, isnt it just as much PC to bash our draft then it is to prase it, because it is not what Mike mayock and Mel Kiper Jr liked or didnt like hmmmm....

justasportsfan
06-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Nobody will no anything until 2008 about the draft so everybody will need to relax until then, Polian is pretty well respected and i think i like what he had to say PC or not, isnt it just as much PC to bash our draft then it is to prase it, because it is not what Mike mayock and Mel Kiper Jr liked or didnt like hmmmm....
tell that to the coach who thinks we blew our draft as FACT.

bigbub2352
06-12-2006, 12:13 PM
i just did