PDA

View Full Version : I'm Supporting Ted Nolan/NY Islanders. RU?

blackonyx89
06-09-2006, 09:35 AM
I'm a big Sabres fan and I'm so happy Ted's back in the NHL. He's been gone for far too long! I don't care about if the Sabres brass hated his guts,he's still a GOOD coach.I do blame racism to a degree played a part but hey,it's the NHL a predominately white league.I believed he was blackballed too. When it's all said and done,I'm glad that the Islanders decided to pick him as coach and I'll support him as long as he's not playing us in the playoffs.LOL! So are you on his bandwagon and picking the Islanders as your 2nd team? I am.

Dr. Lecter
06-09-2006, 09:41 AM
No.

Ted Nolan is crying, whining baby who caused most of his problems himself by:

1. Going over the head of his veteran GM to try and get the guy fired.
2. Expecting a new GM to trust him after incident #1.
3. Not accepting an assistant/associate's job when they were offerred.
4. Whining/crying since he has been out of the league.
5. Alienating a number of players while also having a number of clear favorites.

RockStar36
06-09-2006, 09:55 AM
No.

Ted Nolan is crying, whining baby who caused most of his problems himself by:

1. Going over the head of his veteran GM to try and get the guy fired.
2. Expecting a new GM to trust him after incident #1.
3. Not accepting an assistant/associate's job when they were offerred.
4. Whining/crying since he has been out of the league.
5. Alienating a number of players while also having a number of clear favorites.

I agree.

Also, don't forgot that when he was offered a one year deal to stay in Buffalo he turned it down and left town. So he wasn't blackballed or a victim of racism. He did this to himself.

And we'll see how good he is when he isn't riding Hasek's tail to the playoffs. Now he has Dipietro in net. HA!

chernobylwraiths
06-09-2006, 11:13 AM
I agree.

Also, don't forgot that when he was offered a one year deal to stay in Buffalo he turned it down and left town. So he wasn't blackballed or a victim of racism. He did this to himself.

And we'll see how good he is when he isn't riding Hasek's tail to the playoffs. Now he has Dipietro in net. HA!

LOL. Never was a head coach, got a two year deal and takes a bad team that wins their division in his second year. Beats a team playing very good hockey (yeah I know 7th seed, but they were playing very good hockey at the time) with his backup goalie. I guess he showed right there he can win without Hasek. Then recieves Coach of the Year and as a reward he gets offered a one year contract. Please don't give me the "went over the GM's head" crap either. Muckler did as much to lose his job as anything Nolan might have done.

I agree that he probably should have sucked it up after a couple years and taken any NHL job he could have but his pride got in the way. I hope he succeeds, but not at the expense of my favorite hockey team.

Gmcc24
06-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Its good to see him back in the league, but **** no I won't root for the Islanders lol. Yes, the whole incident involving him, Muckler and Hasek was unfortunate...but **** happens. You can't take away from what he did as a coach, from not even making the playoffs in the 95-96 season to taking the Sabres to the next year and getting out of the first round without Hasek, who was "injured". (notice the bunny ears lol)

yes, he got offered a contract and rejected it...but that was probably because he wanted to get out of a situation that could have gotten worse. It was him or Hasek ultimately. They didn't get along with each other and if he didn't leave, maybe Hasek might've asked for a trade. In the end, it worked out for the better because we ended up getting Ruff.

He wasn't offered many jobs in the league, he was offered the TB job before Torts...but rejected that. He coached Moncton in Canada this past season and they got to the championship. He does good wherever he goes...so he deserves a coaching job.

The main reason why it took so long for him to get a job I think is because of what happened in Buffalo so many years ago. was it a race issue? I dunno.

Michael82
06-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Anyone else hate seeing Pat LaFontaine go back to the Islanders? :ill:

http://www.newyorkislanders.com/pressbox/images/pat_lafontaine_post_conf.jpg

ddaryl
06-09-2006, 06:37 PM
I won't root for them, but I'm glad to see Ted get another chance to prove his worth as a coach.

SABuffalo786
06-09-2006, 07:19 PM
1st team- Buffalo
2nd- Buffalo
3rd Buffalo
1309853908th- Buffalo

A wise man once said: "If you're not Buffalo, you're scum and you deserve to die."

So in a word, is New York my second team? No.

Bufftp
06-09-2006, 08:44 PM
I root for Buffalo, it's nice Ted has a job, and I will root against them.

SABURZFAN
06-10-2006, 07:28 AM
the only time i will root for them is when they play one of our division rivals.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-11-2006, 02:10 AM
Who cares!, he's with the Islanders he'll be fired in two or three yrs when the Islanders are in the basement of they're division mark my words. I'm glad that Regier gave him that one yr contract offer or we never would've hired Lindy. I didn't think he's that great of a coach and neither was his team it was all Hasek until he faked that injury in the Ottawa playoff series.

PUCKER
06-11-2006, 02:48 AM
Root for the Isles??? Are you for real??? Hey,I hope Teddy does well,just not against us.