Has anybody ever put KH and JPL 2005 stats side by side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Has anybody ever put KH and JPL 2005 stats side by side?

It's funny because they both had just about the same amount of attempts.

JP had 228 attempts and Holcomb had 230.

The problem is that KH completed 155 for 67.4% and 6.6 yards per attempt.

At the same time JP completed 113 for 49.6% and 5.9 yards per attempt.

KH had 2 more TD's and they both had 8 picks.

Cement shoes Holcomb was sacked 17 times in 230 attempts and fleet footed JP was sacked 26 times in 228 attempts.

Finally QB rating, KH 85.6 and JP 64.9 (which is funny because in High school, 65 passing).

Looks to me that the JP mobility argument thing can be tossed out the window. Sure JP can tuck it in and run, but who wants that? I'd much rather have a QB who can throw the ball.

And does arm strength really matter if you can't get the ball to the WR?

What it all boils down to for me is accuracy. Who can get the ball to the open guy and in turn keeping drives alive and giving the offense a chance.

I need to go with the guy who can at least get the ball to the WR’s 60% of the time. Or at least 50% of the time!!!!

And really, everything else is out the window if you can’t get the ball to the WR.

I suppose that if JP plays all 16 games, he’ll better learn how to get the ball where it needs to be.

I’d just as much rather go with the guy who I know can get the ball to the WR.
    Last edited by Patrick76777; 06-09-2006, 10:31 AM.
    Resign our own guys!
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Has anybody ever put KH and JPL 2005 stats side by side?

You forgot 1 important stat to go with the stats you posted that shows that they are not so far apart

KH 10 years
    JP 2 years

You would think that being here for 10 years KH would be far way more productive than JP. He isn't and he isn't even way ahead in competition either.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      You forgot 1 important stat to go with the stats you posted that shows that they are not so far apart

KH 10 years
      JP 2 years

You would think that being here for 10 years KH would be far way more productive than JP. He isn't and he isn't even way ahead in competition either.

I have a cousin who is 19 and never started a game. Maybe we should put him in there.
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
        I have a cousin who is 19 and never started a game. Maybe we should put him in there.
        It depends if he can throw for more than 20 yds.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

you forgot the one about completions over 20 yards, where JP has a huge edge.

And Justa's right- you'd expect Holcomb to be a lot better with 8 extra years of experience (actually nine since Losman's second year was last year and he was injured most of his first year).
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Here is my problem Pat. The team most likely isnt a contendor this year. While Holcomb did look better than Losman last year he also didn't impress me at all and he isn't going to improve as he is a 10 year vet. Losman on the other hand has the upside to be a very good player, but needs playing time. I know we don't want to throw away another year on a guy that may not pan out but I think it has to be done. This is why I am still pissed at Mularkey/Whoever made the decision to play holcomb.

Comment

• Stewie
              Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
              • Aug 2002

Another perfect example of meaningless statistics.

This proves that KH is marginally better after ten years than JP after ten starts. No freaking way!!!!
              Originally posted by Topdog
              Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
              Originally posted by mercyrule
              I love Weiner.
              Originally posted by mercyrule
              also cheese

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by paulB
                Another perfect example of meaningless statistics.

This proves that KH is marginally better after ten years than JP after ten starts. No freaking way!!!!
                Good point!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  It depends if he can throw for more than 20 yds.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    Here is my problem Pat. The team most likely isnt a contendor this year. While Holcomb did look better than Losman last year he also didn't impress me at all and he isn't going to improve as he is a 10 year vet. Losman on the other hand has the upside to be a very good player, but needs playing time. I know we don't want to throw away another year on a guy that may not pan out but I think it has to be done. This is why I am still pissed at Mularkey/Whoever made the decision to play holcomb.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

pat, do you sit around and think about what gay post you can make next?
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Patrick76777
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        pat, do you sit around and think about what gay post you can make next?

Just don't want to waste another year with goofball Losman playing like a tard. Holcomb can do a great job of holding down the fort and making us respectable while we rebuild.
                        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                          Just don't want to waste another year with goofball Losman playing like a tard. Holcomb can do a great job of holding down the fort and making us respectable while we rebuild.

Say whatever you want about JP being a bust or tard or whatever, but to say KH can "hold down the fort" the whole year when he clearly couldn't hold down a balloon last year is nuts. At BEST, KH can hand off the ball and manage a game or two while the starting QB (whoever that is) heals up. Anymore than that is expecting a miracle that hasn't happened in his 11 years as an NFL career backup QB.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

pat, are you really saying that you can tell what kind of qb a guy is going to be after 8 starts?

i know you dont like him, but what are you basing it on? bad play? dont ALL rookie qbs play poorly at times?

did jp not show flashes that made you excited at all?

i just cant get over why you dislike him so much that you go out of your way to make assinine threads like this one over and over... he is a young guy who is learning.. stop assuming your an expert and lets see what happens.. jp may end up being bad, or he may end up being great.. at this point NO ONE knows.. not even a bunch of message board geeks like us.

bottom line is.. if KH plays better than JP, then KH will start.. and vice versa.. so why dont you root for the best player to get the job? if JP sucks all preseason and doesnt start, i will get over it. i will be disappointed because it means that we wasted a 1st rounder on a qb that is not our future, but if JP cant play as well as KH, then so be it.. it is not like KH is anything special, so if JP is to be the man, he should at least be able to beat him out.. which i think he will.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

by the way.. make sure you answer my question.. do you really think you can tell what kind of qb a guy will turn out to be after watching his first 8 games?

Comment

Working...
                              X