X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

What was JP’s worst game?

Week 2 @ TB 12 of 28 for 113 yards. Wow, 42.8 Comp. Percentage.
    Week 3 ATL 10-23 for 75 yards and a pick. He did raise his comp. Percentage up to 43.4
    Week 4 @ NO 7-15 for 75 yards and a pick. I honestly feel like I could have done better.

Week 13 NE 10-27 for 181 yards 1 TD and 3 picks. (Thank god for Reed’s 51 yard touchdown in garbage time in this one. 9-27 for 130 and 3 picks would have been awful.

Those Week 3 and 4 stats are hideous. And to think that we were in both of those games. But the 3 picks against NE might take the cake.
    Last edited by Patrick76777; 06-09-2006, 01:50 PM.
    Resign our own guys!
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: What was JP’s worst game?

Yo Pat let it go. This thread is like forcing the jury to look at those gory pictures of the murder victim.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
      Week 3 ATL 10-23 for 75 yards and a pick. He did raise his comp. Percentage up to 43.4
      Week 4 @ NO 7-15 for 75 yards and a pick. I honestly feel like I could have done better.

Week 13 NE 10-27 for 181 yards 1 TD and 3 picks. (Thank god for Reed’s 51 yard touchdown in garbage time in this one. 9-27 for 130 and 3 picks would have been awful.

Those Week 3 and 4 stats are hideous. And to think that we were in both of those games. But the 3 picks against NE might take the cake.
      you mean, 3 of his first four starts in the NFL weren't good? You mean he didn't come right out and look like Steve Young the very second he stepped into the league?

Yeah, you're right Pat. This guy sucks
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

I'll ask the question from the parallel universe...did JP, other than KC, have a good game?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          you mean, 3 of his first four starts in the NFL weren't good? You mean he didn't come right out and look like Steve Young the very second he stepped into the league?

Yeah, you're right Pat. This guy sucks

I was just looking for the worst. Trust me the other games were also very bad. Just not as bad as these 4.
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            I'll ask the question from the parallel universe...did JP, other than KC, have a good game?

He had 3 TD's (one terribly underthrown) against Miami. Problem is that he completed 50% of his passes. If he makes just one more completion in that game to run 25 seconds off the clock, we win that game.

5 of 13 for 50 yards in the second half.

And before you call me Wys, remember that football is a 60 minute game.
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

look, we all know that JP had a rough first year. But he also had do deal with terrible coaches (all of whom have been fired), a weak OL, an underperforming RB, a disgruntled RB and a defense that couldn't stop anyone. JP hasn't had a real shot in the NFL.

We all know what Holcomb has. He's not gonna lose too many games for you, but he's not going to win too many on his own either. JP is clearly more athletic and has a lot more potential.

Part of the problem, Patrick, is that you haven't accepted the fact that this team isn't going anywhere anyway. If this team had even an outside shot at the playoffs that grooming a QB would ruin, you might have a point. But this team will be lucky to win 6 games. It's very young, new systems on both sides of the ball, question marks at key positions, etc. Personally I'd rather win 4 games with JP and find out if he's our guy for the future or not than win 6 or 7 with Holcomb just to say we won 6 or 7.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                look, we all know that JP had a rough first year. But he also had do deal with terrible coaches (all of whom have been fired), a weak OL, an underperforming RB, a disgruntled RB and a defense that couldn't stop anyone. JP hasn't had a real shot in the NFL.

We all know what Holcomb has. He's not gonna lose too many games for you, but he's not going to win too many on his own either. JP is clearly more athletic and has a lot more potential.

Part of the problem, Patrick, is that you haven't accepted the fact that this team isn't going anywhere anyway. If this team had even an outside shot at the playoffs that grooming a QB would ruin, you might have a point. But this team will be lucky to win 6 games. It's very young, new systems on both sides of the ball, question marks at key positions, etc. Personally I'd rather win 4 games with JP and find out if he's our guy for the future or not than win 6 or 7 with Holcomb just to say we won 6 or 7.

A. Holcomb had to deal with the same coaches. So if we upgraded, it should help his play also.

B. You never know. Sure we don't look good, but the Jets should be terrible, Miami is way overrated and NE lost a ton of players for the second year in a row. Plus, if Spikes comes back and Willis can put up a big year in front of that O-line we're rebuilding, you never know.
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

I'm so sick of these threads. Let it go until the season starts, or at least camp starts. Comparing JP's first few starts of his career vs. Holcomb in his 10th season. Let it go!

D & S Sports

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

My main problem with JP is his absolute putrid completion percentage. Which leads me to believe he isn't the qb of the future. Yes, I might be wrong...however in todays NFL if you can't complete about 60% of your passes you're usually labelled as not a good QB.

And JP didn't even complete HALF of his passes, then had his worst day as a pro in his last start of the year.

Those are my issues with just annointing him the starter.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                      I'm so sick of these threads. Let it go until the season starts, or at least camp starts. Comparing JP's first few starts of his career vs. Holcomb in his 10th season. Let it go!
                      EXCELLENT post!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

So let me get this straight...

The Bills have dicked around without long-term solutions at the QB position since Jim Kelly retired, and haven't made the playoffs in years in large part because of that, and you are ready to turn the keys to the farm over to a 33-year old journeyman QB with a career record of 8-13 (.381) as a starting QB?

Don't you think the Bills should find their answers to their QB for the long-term to finally stabalize a position that has been haunting them for years? They need to find out if J.P. is the guy, or they need to find another QB to build around.

Holcomb isn't that guy. He has been in the league for years and his reputation is pretty well known. He is a guy who will be prepared and do a good job as a backup if he is needed in a game, but the more he plays the more interceptions he will throw. He will put up some decent numbers, but he will throw interceptions. Doesn't make him a bad player, just means he isn't a guy you will build around. There is a reason he has lost over 60% of his starts. The guy didn't even win in NFL Europe for crying out loud.

That said, as a Pats fan I love ya' Patrick.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                          My main problem with JP is his absolute putrid completion percentage. Which leads me to believe he isn't the qb of the future. Yes, I might be wrong...however in todays NFL if you can't complete about 60% of your passes you're usually labelled as not a good QB.

And JP didn't even complete HALF of his passes, then had his worst day as a pro in his last start of the year.

Those are my issues with just annointing him the starter.
                          the thing is you admitted that you MIGHT be wrong. Does anyone really think Holcomb is the QB of the future? There is absolutely 0 chance of that, but there's still some hope for JP.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                            So let me get this straight...

The Bills have dicked around without long-term solutions at the QB position since Jim Kelly retired, and haven't made the playoffs in years in large part because of that, and you are ready to turn the keys to the farm over to a 33-year old journeyman QB with a career record of 8-13 (.381) as a starting QB?

Don't you think the Bills should find their answers to their QB for the long-term to finally stabalize a position that has been haunting them for years? They need to find out if J.P. is the guy, or they need to find another QB to build around.

Holcomb isn't that guy. He has been in the league for years and his reputation is pretty well known. He is a guy who will be prepared and do a good job as a backup if he is needed in a game, but the more he plays the more interceptions he will throw. He will put up some decent numbers, but he will throw interceptions. Doesn't make him a bad player, just means he isn't a guy you will build around. There is a reason he has lost over 60% of his starts. The guy didn't even win in NFL Europe for crying out loud.

That said, as a Pats fan I love ya' Patrick.
                            Pretty bad that the Pats fan understands the Bills' QBs better than a guy sitting in the corner of the endzone every home game
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

A. Holcomb had to deal with the same coaches. So if we upgraded, it should help his play also.

B. You never know. Sure we don't look good, but the Jets should be terrible, Miami is way overrated and NE lost a ton of players for the second year in a row. Plus, if Spikes comes back and Willis can put up a big year in front of that O-line we're rebuilding, you never know.
                              That's a lot of IF's-
                              -IF McGahee has a big year
                              -IF Spikes comes back from his injury
                              -IF the Dolphins are overrated
                              -IF the Patriots suffer from lost players (which has never happened before...)

You're grasping at straws. Sure, it's possible, but only because nothing is impossible. If you buy a lotto ticket you might win, but don't start spending those millions just yet....
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X