PDA

View Full Version : Bennie Anderson was CUT!

BillsNick
06-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Bennie Anderson Waived

Michael82
V.COACH BILLS:
The Bills have terminated the contract of offensive lineman Bennie Anderson and waived linebacker Greg Carothers and defensive end Matthew Rice.

McGahee420
According to V Coach, his contract was terminated today.

Goobylal
06-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Source?

Gunzlingr
06-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Buh-Bye

Michael82
06-09-2006, 03:16 PM
See ya later Big Bennie! :wave:

Gunzlingr
06-09-2006, 03:16 PM
looks like you have 3 threads to merge Mikey.

McGahee420
06-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Best move they have made in a while, keep it up!

Mitchy moo
06-09-2006, 03:18 PM
:curtsey: thanks for nothing.

Dr. Lecter
06-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Thank you.

Will those that have been *****ing about Fat Bennie still being around calm down now?

BillsNick
06-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Good ridance to a fat piece of garbage. :bigwave:

justasportsfan
06-09-2006, 03:34 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3811

Time running out
There was left than a minute left on the game clock when Craig Nall and the offense ran out onto the field to face the defense in team work and they had to score a touchdown with about 40 yards to paydirt. The offense got close, but Lionel Gates was tapped by defenders (signaling a tackle) short of the end zone.

Kelly Holcomb led an efficient drive hitting Andre Davis with a touchdown pass on the second play. J.P. Losman also beat the clock with a one-play drive throwing a touchdown pass to Martin Nance who got behind the cornerback who was expecting safety help and didn't get it.

"We're getting more comfortable with the throws," said Losman of the collective progress of the quarterbacks. "We're running some of the patterns a little bit different than we did last year and in previous offenses. We're getting the basics down and getting used to protections and knowing when we're hot and tightening things up that way."

Scumbag College
06-09-2006, 03:34 PM
In other news, Tim Horton's and Buffalo Wild Wings have anounced bankrupcy.

BillsNick
06-09-2006, 03:58 PM
In other news, Tim Horton's and Buffalo Wild Wings have anounced bankrupcy.

I don't get it. :idunno:

Dr. Lecter
06-09-2006, 04:03 PM
I don't get it. :idunno:

Bennie eats lots of donuts and Chicken Wings.

Geesh. It was not that hard to figure out.

SquishDaFish
06-09-2006, 04:04 PM
I know a certain somebody who still wont be happy and will still be negative. Can anyone guess who that mr negativity is??? Anyone??

billsburgh
06-09-2006, 04:44 PM
I know a certain somebody who still wont be happy and will still be negative. Can anyone guess who that mr negativity is??? Anyone??
you're getting colder

Night Train
06-09-2006, 04:51 PM

Philster ? :;

The_Philster
06-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Philster ? :;
:huh: I'm ecstatic about this cut...try again

patmoran2006
06-09-2006, 05:09 PM
I forgot he was on the roster the day we signed Reyes.

DynaPaul
06-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Damn, there goes our Super Bowl aspirations!

<sarcasm off>

LifetimeBillsFan
06-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Bye-bye, Bennie. I'd love to thank you for all you did for the Bills, but I can't think of anything.... Uh, don't let the door hit you in your fat butt on your way out the door!

So much for the value of the offseason depth charts: Bennie was still listed as first string at left guard just last night on BB.com. I guess that didn't mean much as far as where he was listed on the coaches' unpublished depth charts and his job security was concerned.

OpIv37
06-09-2006, 05:26 PM
good riddance to a bad player.

Now if only we could find a replacement for Villarial.... (note: I said REPLACE, not CUT- there is a difference).

Tatonka
06-09-2006, 05:27 PM
pat will be upset i am sure. bennie and KH were best friends.

Bill Cody
06-09-2006, 05:36 PM
What will do now that it isn't 1st and 15 every series?:headscrat

G. Host
06-09-2006, 05:39 PM
There are too many in that group to guess from.

Nighthawk
06-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Finally! What took so long? Good bye, Bennie...and good riddance!

Kerr
06-09-2006, 06:46 PM
good riddance to a bad player.

Now if only we could find a replacement for Villarial.... (note: I said REPLACE, not CUT- there is a difference).

Now it's reyes' job to lose and I hope gibson can play rg. He'd be a good fit based on his size.

Mr. Cynical
06-09-2006, 09:54 PM

Maybe you are referring to me? Well, I'm happy that he was cut because he sucked. Good move. But that doesn't mean the oline is now all of a sudden going to be good. This was one step of many that need to be taken for that to happen.

As it stands now the oline is still....the weakest link! :;

Mr. Pink
06-09-2006, 11:34 PM
You know it's a damn shame that this occured now....

Because it shoulda happened sooner.

MVP
06-09-2006, 11:55 PM
Marv you are Brilliant!

Devin
06-10-2006, 12:02 AM
So much for the chat about Bennie being #1 on the depth chart.

:bf1: you cleaned house bud!

jamze132
06-10-2006, 12:50 AM
It's glorious! I see a light...

Mr. Cynical
06-10-2006, 03:13 AM
It's glorious! I see a light...

....and it's a train coming your way.

:;

SquishDaFish
06-10-2006, 05:12 AM
Everyone here knows I was talking about our #1 coach/gm/all star ICE.

eeyyeeddoogg
06-10-2006, 07:34 AM
The birdie told you about Bennie a couple of weeks ago.
And that depth cart they posted on the internet is bs. Do you actually think they are showing us their depth cart ?

Jan Reimers
06-10-2006, 08:04 AM
I have to admit that I thought getting Anderson was a great move. Boy, was I wrong. He was a fat, worthless tub of goo.

BigZ
06-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Bye-bye, Bennie. I'd love to thank you for all you did for the Bills, but I can't think of anything.... Uh, don't let the door hit you in your fat butt on your way out the door!

So much for the value of the offseason depth charts: Bennie was still listed as first string at left guard just last night on BB.com. I guess that didn't mean much as far as where he was listed on the coaches' unpublished depth charts and his job security was concerned.

Yea, I've noticed that the Bills do not keep up the depth chart AT ALL!

Meathead
06-10-2006, 09:46 AM
as bennie tried to leave one bills drive his cadillac wouldnt turn over and required a jump

one last false start for the road

HHURRICANE
06-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Maybe you are referring to me? Well, I'm happy that he was cut because he sucked. Good move. But that doesn't mean the oline is now all of a sudden going to be good. This was one step of many that need to be taken for that to happen.

I agree that our O-line still sucks. With that said Bennie Anderson totally blew and at least tells me that Marv and company are not afraid to clean house. Maybe Vincent, Posey, Denny and a few others aren't far behind although we won't have a team to field if we do it all at once.

Great move!! Bye-bye Bennie!

John Doe
06-10-2006, 10:49 AM
We have no indication that the offensive line "sucks" or is the "weakest link." There will be 2 new starters and Peters will have a lot more experience. I believe that they will turn out to be a lot better this year. Now that Anderson is out of the picture, the offensive line looks to be one of the quickest in the league.

patmoran2006
06-10-2006, 11:47 AM
One thing nobody has mentioned that is worth mentioning..

Is the club not only loses a bad player by cutting Anderso.. They're also saving a nice little chunk of Cap Space with this move.. I can't remember exactly (ask Clump) but i"m pretty sure it's not much less than a million.

Could be wrong, but I'm thinking in the ballpark of $700k

Mr. Pink
06-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Sweet Patrick!

Now we have more money we won't spend to line good old Ralphies pockets!

ublinkwescore
06-10-2006, 12:28 PM

It may still be the weakest link, but I think it will be improved over last year's unit still. Of course it would be hard for last year's unit to go anywhere but up.

Mitchy moo
06-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Sweet Patrick!

Now we have more money we won't spend to line good old Ralphies pockets!

He'll be celebrating @ denny's, Tea instead of water please. The waitress will probably still bring him water because she is trained to do it subconciously.

Michael82
06-10-2006, 01:25 PM
as bennie tried to leave one bills drive his cadillac wouldnt turn over and required a jump

one last false start for the road
:lmao:

billsburgh
06-10-2006, 01:46 PM
I agree that our O-line still sucks. With that said Bennie Anderson totally blew and at least tells me that Marv and company are not afraid to clean house. Maybe Vincent, Posey, Denny and a few others aren't far behind although we won't have a team to field if we do it all at once.

Great move!! Bye-bye Bennie!
It's kind of unfair to say that the line still sucks. 2 of the 5 positions will have new starters and we havent even seen them play together yet. Peters played well and still has room to improve. I think Gandy will be better this year just because Bennie isnt next to him anymore.

Mr. Cynical
06-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Of course it would be hard for last year's unit to go anywhere but up.

I can't argue with that....when you are completely putrid and can't block a doorway there is little to no chance you can get worse. So there is a good probability that they will be better than last year.

However, even with improvement, it could be like saying it's the difference between dog turds and monkey turds. (given that monkeys are higher up on the evolutionary chain) I still see nothing from the personnel they've obtained to make me believe this will be a good oline. Castoffs and position switchers...nobody is a proven stud, especially at the most critical line position - LT.

Dr. Lecter
06-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Which proven stud LT were the Bills supposed to sign in the off-season?

Or for that matter which stud O-lineman were they supposed to sign?

MikeInRoch
06-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Even espn.com slams Bennie! The headline for the story is:

Bills, looking for more athletic line, release G Anderson.

HHURRICANE
06-10-2006, 09:53 PM
It's kind of unfair to say that the line still sucks. 2 of the 5 positions will have new starters and we havent even seen them play together yet. Peters played well and still has room to improve. I think Gandy will be better this year just because Bennie isnt next to him anymore.

We have been hearing for 3 years that the O-line is improving. They suck until they prove otherwise. Gandy is mediocre. Peters is still the best player on the line. That's pretty scary when you think about it. An undrafted TE is your best player on the line. They have a long way to go!!

Buffalogic
06-12-2006, 02:56 AM
Bennie Anderson cut...and there was much rejoicing.