PDA

View Full Version : Great post from a blog..

Gmcc24
06-09-2006, 03:34 PM
So, I am 100% over what happened in the ECF...**** happens. Basically, I read a post from this hockey blog...and I found it to be exactly true and had to repost it. Enjoy:

Well, Buffalo’s magic run is over. Not because they got outplayed, not because they ran into a better team, but because of bad breaks. Period. Everyone came into this series saying how “well matched” they were and how “close the teams” were. In the end? It wasn’t even close. Buffalo is the far better team. As a matter of fact, the best team left in the NHL is being sent home. If these teams were so close, this series wouldn’t have gone 7. If this was truly a pick’em matchup, it would have been over in 5 or 6. Once Numinen bit it in game 1 the series should have been over. Then Tallinder misses the entire 3rd period in a one goal game. Yet Buffalo wins. Game 5, the rubber match. Buffalo flat out OUTPLAYS Carolina, they get some calls their way, tie up the game. And in OT? The puck goes OFF the backboard right into the slot onto the stick of a Carolina player. There isn’t anything “skillful” about that. Its a good bounce. And, the final dagger, the one thing that ended the series for Buffalo. McKee wakes up with a balloon for a leg and can’t go for game 7. For what its worth, McKee plays game 7, no way Buffalo coughs up a 1 goal lead in the 3rd. And to top it off, Rod Brind’Amour takes a shot at Ruff at the end of the game? No wonder the guy has never won anything. His team just lucked their way into the Cup Finals, and what does he do? He takes a shot at the better team. Good job Rod.
Carolina does have some great players. They might have even been more skilled than Buffalo. But they aren’t half the team Buffalo is. They don’t have the heart, the determination, or the plain hustle that Buffalo has. They have luck. And sometimes thats enough. If Carolina does end up winning the cup, it’ll be more of a travesty than No Goal, Wide Right, and the foward Lateral combined. Those were all one bad break that cost Buffalo shots at a championship. Carolina got at least 6 series turning breaks in their favor. And it STILL took them 7 games to beat an AHL blueline. Even the soul-less Senators could have finished Buffalo off in 6.
This post is going to make alot of Carolina fans angry. I don’t care. The saddest thing I have ever seen in hockey is a game 7 of the conference finals not get sold out until hours before the puck drop. Are you kidding me? I know Carolina is new to the area, and I know their owner is an ass. But pony up for Christ sakes. Its the conference finals! I, along with THOUSANDS of Buffalo fans DROVE to Carolina, paying hundreds in gas, lodging, and the full face value for the tickets. Why? Because every single ticket in Buffalo was snatched up in 12 minutes. People in Buffalo aren’t any richer. Hell, after seeing the cost of living in Carolina, there’s no doubt that North Carolina residents have more disposable income than NY residents. I’d say congratulations to the Hurricanes, but none are in order.

BleedinGreenNC
06-09-2006, 04:21 PM
:lolpoint: :violin:

SABuffalo786
06-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Don't know why that guy posted that. I mean what did he state?

1. Carolina doesn't deserve the Cup they'll probably win through sheer luck.
2. Carolina's fans are ****.

All pretty common knowledge stuff, that...

shelby
06-09-2006, 08:09 PM
i thought it was an excellent post.

RockStar36
06-10-2006, 12:50 AM
:lolpoint: :violin:

How long have you been supporting the Hurricanes? Since May?

JD
06-10-2006, 02:00 AM
Exactly what I was wondering, the guy has no knowledge of hockey whatsoever, its blatant.

SkateZilla
06-10-2006, 02:38 AM
least it aint tampa bay :)

as for Rod, what exactly did he say (ie give me the quotes)

Gmcc24
06-10-2006, 03:06 AM
Don't know why that guy posted that. I mean what did he state?

1. Carolina doesn't deserve the Cup they'll probably win through sheer luck.
2. Carolina's fans are ****.

All pretty common knowledge stuff, that...

Yea, maybe pretty common knowledge but not to the Canes fans that think they know everything. Just about every Sabres fan, and hockey fan knows that all that was mentioned in the post is pretty true....but the way it was written was excellent and makes you realize even more how things were screwed up. But whatever, **** happens....

BleedinGreenNC
06-10-2006, 07:04 AM

I have supported them since they came to Raleigh, which happened to be the same time that i moved here, 1997.

BleedinGreenNC
06-10-2006, 07:05 AM
Exactly what I was wondering, the guy has no knowledge of hockey whatsoever, its blatant.

WHat is so obvious, is that you cant change whats going on, and that your bitter and thats ok, because i forgive you!!:xmas:

PUCKER
06-11-2006, 02:29 AM
So, I am 100% over what happened in the ECF...**** happens. Basically, I read a post from this hockey blog...and I found it to be exactly true and had to repost it. Enjoy:

Well, Buffalo’s magic run is over. Not because they got outplayed, not because they ran into a better team, but because of bad breaks. Period. Everyone came into this series saying how “well matched” they were and how “close the teams” were. In the end? It wasn’t even close. Buffalo is the far better team. As a matter of fact, the best team left in the NHL is being sent home. If these teams were so close, this series wouldn’t have gone 7. If this was truly a pick’em matchup, it would have been over in 5 or 6. Once Numinen bit it in game 1 the series should have been over. Then Tallinder misses the entire 3rd period in a one goal game. Yet Buffalo wins. Game 5, the rubber match. Buffalo flat out OUTPLAYS Carolina, they get some calls their way, tie up the game. And in OT? The puck goes OFF the backboard right into the slot onto the stick of a Carolina player. There isn’t anything “skillful” about that. Its a good bounce. And, the final dagger, the one thing that ended the series for Buffalo. McKee wakes up with a balloon for a leg and can’t go for game 7. For what its worth, McKee plays game 7, no way Buffalo coughs up a 1 goal lead in the 3rd. And to top it off, Rod Brind’Amour takes a shot at Ruff at the end of the game? No wonder the guy has never won anything. His team just lucked their way into the Cup Finals, and what does he do? He takes a shot at the better team. Good job Rod.
Carolina does have some great players. They might have even been more skilled than Buffalo. But they aren’t half the team Buffalo is. They don’t have the heart, the determination, or the plain hustle that Buffalo has. They have luck. And sometimes thats enough. If Carolina does end up winning the cup, it’ll be more of a travesty than No Goal, Wide Right, and the foward Lateral combined. Those were all one bad break that cost Buffalo shots at a championship. Carolina got at least 6 series turning breaks in their favor. And it STILL took them 7 games to beat an AHL blueline. Even the soul-less Senators could have finished Buffalo off in 6.
This post is going to make alot of Carolina fans angry. I don’t care. The saddest thing I have ever seen in hockey is a game 7 of the conference finals not get sold out until hours before the puck drop. Are you kidding me? I know Carolina is new to the area, and I know their owner is an ass. But pony up for Christ sakes. Its the conference finals! I, along with THOUSANDS of Buffalo fans DROVE to Carolina, paying hundreds in gas, lodging, and the full face value for the tickets. Why? Because every single ticket in Buffalo was snatched up in 12 minutes. People in Buffalo aren’t any richer. Hell, after seeing the cost of living in Carolina, there’s no doubt that North Carolina residents have more disposable income than NY residents. I’d say congratulations to the Hurricanes, but none are in order.

EXCELLENT!!!