Big Ben Roethlisberger On Martin Nance, Bodes well for Buffalo's QB's!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Big Ben Roethlisberger On Martin Nance, Bodes well for Buffalo's QB's!!

I'm intrigued by Roethisberger's words about Nance, in bold at the bottom. This a great article from the Buffalo News, and the more I read about him, the more excited I am that we have this guy!! Here's to hoping he makes the cut, and that Big Ben is right about him!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/doublebeerbang.gif)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Joining a team already well-stocked at your position isn't exactly a great career move. But Martin Nance has something very few of the Buffalo Bills wide receivers have - size.

At 6-foot-4 and 213 pounds, Nance is the biggest of the Bills' receiving corps, which includes five players under 6 feet. It's good to have size, if you know what to do with it. Nance has to prove to the Bills that his talent is as big as his body.

"I definitely think my height can help me and I think I can bring a different element to the receiving corps," Nance said following an offseason practice Thursday. "I'm excited about that."

Nance used his size and ability to become the all-time leader in receptions (208) and receiving yards (3,131) at Miami (Ohio)...................

"He's going to be very, very good," Roethlisberger said at Jim Kelly's charity golf tournament. "I told the people in our [Steelers] office, "Mark my words, in five years he's going to be one of the best in the league.' I have that much confidence in him. I know he's got confidence in himself. I wish we had him, unfortunately."
    Last edited by Michael82; 06-10-2006, 01:48 PM.
  • MVP
    Bring The Pain
    • Apr 2006

Re: Big Ben Roethlisberger On Martin Nance, Bodes well for Buffalo's QB's!!

Steal of the DRAFT! (But wait he wasn't drafted!!!!!!!!!!!!!haha suckers!)

Comment

• John Doe
      Florida Man
      • Jul 2002

The obvious question is:

Why didn't Nance sign with the Steelers? He certainly had the support of Roethlisberger.

Are the Steelers that deep at reciever?

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        Sab and TD are insignificant
        • Sep 2002

Who knows.

I'm just glad that we got this guy - I've read nothing but good about him. It would be awesome to see Lee Evans become the new Steve Smith (I've seen a few articles already making comparisons between the two), and Nance becoming the new Anquan Boldin.

Then we'd truely have an O that would force you to pick your poison. - and we drafted heavily on D - hopefully John McCargo can make an impact by midseason along with Whitner.
        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
          Who knows.

I'm just glad that we got this guy - I've read nothing but good about him. It would be awesome to see Lee Evans become the new Steve Smith (I've seen a few articles already making comparisons between the two), and Nance becoming the new Anquan Boldin.

Then we'd truely have an O that would force you to pick your poison. - and we drafted heavily on D - hopefully John McCargo can make an impact by midseason along with Whitner.
          I think the comparisons are coincidental since Smith is the league measuring stick for undersized receivers. We did see Evans start to make really nice adjustments to the ball as in the Miami game. So maybe the comparisons are legit. He has a long way to go though. As for Nance, any contribution he can make is gravy since he was undrafted and has a low price tag. Let's hope Ben is right! Hopefully, Nance plays and practices with a chip on his shoulder...not a big chip though.
          The upside of this team is enourmous right now...but it could just as easily fall apart. There are so many new and/or young players to watch...this year is going to be fun to watch if these guys develop into starters and solid back-ups, even if we lose 10 games.
          Whitner
          McCargo
          Nance
          Youboty
          Simpson
          Williams
          Butler
          Ellison
          Hall
          JP
          Preston
          Gates
          Watson
          Fowler
          Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 06-10-2006, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by andyxc71
            I think the comparisons are coincidental since Smith is the league measuring stick for undersized receivers. We did see Evans start to make really nice adjustments to the ball as in the Miami game. So maybe the comparisons are legit. He has a long way to go though. As for Nance, any contribution he can make is gravy since he was undrafted and has a low price tag. Let's hope Ben is right! Hopefully, Nance plays and practices with a chip on his shoulder...not a big chip though.
            The upside of this team is enourmous right now...but it could just as easily fall apart. There are so many new and/or young players to watch...this year is going to be fun to watch if these guys develop into starters and solid back-ups, even if we lose 10 games.
            Whitner
            McCargo
            Nance
            Youboty
            Simpson
            Williams
            Butler
            Ellison
            Hall
            JP
            Preston
            Gates
            Watson
            Fowler
            I don't think we'll be that far off from an 8 win season. That being said, any thing more than 8 wins, and I'll be the happiest mother ****er this side of the funny farm. I think we'll go through some growing pains early in the season, but as the season progresses, we'll start to make a lot of progress really fast, and we'll be a tough team to put away.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
              I don't think we'll be that far off from an 8 win season. That being said, any thing more than 8 wins, and I'll be the happiest mother ****er this side of the funny farm. I think we'll go through some growing pains early in the season, but as the season progresses, we'll start to make a lot of progress really fast, and we'll be a tough team to put away.
              Wow, I hope your right.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                • Sep 2002

6-10 - 8-8 sounds about fair.

And our margin of defeat towards the end of the season will be by like an average of 2 points mark my words.

Of course we'll have those couple of games where we should have won, but the refs helped the opposition out (one of them will be a Pats game).

Comment

• zone
                  No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                  • Oct 2003

I think we will see a team who will win the close games this year, and hopefully a team that won't give up at the first sign of trouble. Hopefully Marv\DJ can help teach this team that you never give up... like the early 90's!

Hopefully Nance can play the jump ball like Moss... it would be great to have that type of reciever to complement the speed we have!
                  www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I like Nance's red zone potential, where we've stunk it up the last few years.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      I like Nance's red zone potential, where we've stunk it up the last few years.
                      me 2.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

"Mark my words, in five years he's going to be one of the best in the league.' I have that much confidence in him. I know he's got confidence in himself. I wish we had him, unfortunately."

Interesting he says "five years". Probably about the time he will be an FA and get picked up by the Steelers.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                          "Mark my words, in five years he's going to be one of the best in the league.' I have that much confidence in him. I know he's got confidence in himself. I wish we had him, unfortunately."

Interesting he says "five years". Probably about the time he will be an FA and get picked up by the Steelers.
                          Big ben will be in his prime then.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

It could be sooner than 5 years. Based on camp reports, JP and Nance are already making connections.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              • Sep 2002

Sweet.

Comment

Working...
                              X