PDA

View Full Version : After further review the Peerless Price acquistion is a great move!

Mitchy moo
06-11-2006, 11:53 AM
We have a bunch of very fast receivers but in relative terms they are all green. Having a guy like Peerless around to show them how to do things and help bring them along will be great. Eric showed Peerless how to Ball, now it's his turn to show our boys. I think that he will be a great asset to our team. Nice Job Marv!

Jan Reimers
06-11-2006, 12:04 PM
If Peerless has the right attitude you could be on to something, Skoob. We do need a veteran leader at WR.

FlyingDutchman
06-11-2006, 02:21 PM
What has Peerless done to label him a leader and teacher? I just hope he can return to the old Peerless.

Pinkerton Security
06-11-2006, 02:45 PM
What has Peerless done to label him a leader and teacher? I just hope he can return to the old Peerless.

I think he's just saying it will be good to have someone who as at least been around the block before. He may not be the best leader or teacher, but at least he's been through the ropes and has succeeded, albeit for a brief period.

I may just be optimistic, but I really think he could do great things. There's something about him that prevents him from being a great #1 receiver, but he did well as a #2 behind Moulds, so maybe he can do that with Evans at the #1 slot?? I certainly hope so.

YardRat
06-11-2006, 03:07 PM
I hope Peerless plays well. For the team's sake.

patmoran2006
06-11-2006, 03:15 PM
I won't call a guy who's done next to nothing for the past three years and giving him a $2.5 million signing bonus a great move until he shows me ON the field he's at least close to the player he was in 2002 when he caught 94 passes.

This was a high risk, high reward move. We either got a solid #2 guy at a very fair market price, or we threw away $2.5 million by signing a guy who was only as productive because he played on the opposite side of #80.

jamze132
06-11-2006, 05:09 PM
I have a feeling that Peerless will have a great comeback. I also believe that Andre Davis will be the odd man out after camp barring any injuries.

patmoran2006
06-11-2006, 05:14 PM
I have a feeling that Peerless will have a great comeback. I also believe that Andre Davis will be the odd man out after camp barring any injuries.

I think you're correct in terms that the Bills have much less to lose by Cutting DAvis in a competition. I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure though he didn't get any signing bonus. If he did it was minimal.

As opposed to Price and Reed, who combined got $5 million just to sign their name on their contracts (sigh).

The funny thing is I really like Davis and I think in a fair fight he will beat out Price. I would say Reed as well but I think the team is going to use Reed differently than Mularkey did.

jamze132
06-11-2006, 05:21 PM
I think you're correct in terms that the Bills have much less to lose by Cutting DAvis in a competition. I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure though he didn't get any signing bonus. If he did it was minimal.

As opposed to Price and Reed, who combined got $5 million just to sign their name on their contracts (sigh).

The funny thing is I really like Davis and I think in a fair fight he will beat out Price. I would say Reed as well but I think the team is going to use Reed differently than Mularkey did.
I don't see Davis beating out Price if it came down to those two for the last spot. I think Jauron would be "inspired" by Levy to go with Price. Davis has never really proved anyting except that he will get hurt every season, where as Price has shown the ability to shine in the #2 role.

Mitchy moo
06-11-2006, 09:24 PM
I think he's just saying it will be good to have someone who as at least been around the block before. He may not be the best leader or teacher, but at least he's been through the ropes and has succeeded, albeit for a brief period.

I may just be optimistic, but I really think he could do great things. There's something about him that prevents him from being a great #1 receiver, but he did well as a #2 behind Moulds, so maybe he can do that with Evans at the #1 slot?? I certainly hope so.

right on!

LifetimeBillsFan
06-12-2006, 01:31 AM

While you're right to point out that he hasn't done much, in one of his initial interviews that was on the BB.com site, Peerless did mention what EMo did in mentoring him when he was with the Bills and said that he hoped to be able to do the same with the young WRs on the Bills as well.

OpIv37
06-12-2006, 08:52 AM
if Holcomb's the QB, the speedy receivers like Price won't make a damn bit of difference because Holcomb can't throw the deep ball well enough to stretch the field.

HHURRICANE
06-12-2006, 09:00 AM
if Holcomb's the QB, the speedy receivers like Price won't make a damn bit of difference because Holcomb can't throw the deep ball well enough to stretch the field.

Yes, very good point. I was just thinking, until I read your post, that Price could be a good fit for JP. There was no doubt that Moulds hated Losman. Evans and Reed seemed to play better with Losman on the field so a unified receiving corps could really help Losman if he is the starter.

Mitchy moo
06-12-2006, 09:46 AM

good point.