• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

The sad part is...

...our hopes are riding on a 3rd year unproven youngster beating out a talentless 11 year career backup. Because if KH wins out, we're going nowhere again this year and we will need to start all over again at QB next year.

Not a particularly inspiring situation.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: The sad part is...

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
    ...our hopes are riding on a 3rd year unproven youngster beating out a talentless 11 year career backup. Because if KH wins out, we're going nowhere again this year and we will need to start all over again at QB next year.

as has been said before, if all else fails, brady quinn here we come

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

What makes you think starting JP will produce any different results?
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I'm in the minority on this; but I'm not throwing in the towel with Holcomb as the starter..

I'm so SICK of hearing about JP's young and a first rounder and blahblahblah.. If he CAN'T beat out Holcomb at camp he doesnt DESERVE to start.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
          • May 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          I'm in the minority on this; but I'm not throwing in the towel with Holcomb as the starter..

I'm so SICK of hearing about JP's young and a first rounder and blahblahblah.. If he CAN'T beat out Holcomb at camp he doesnt DESERVE to start.
          I agree. I am not a fan of Holcomb at all but I like how you put that.

Comment

• Iehoshua
            • Jan 2003

Gawd would the "beat out in camp" argument please die? Rob Johnson was the best 'camp' performer QB lots of scouts ever saw, but if it doesn't translate to the field, it's useless!

If camp means everything, why didn't Tom Brady beat out Bledsoe for the starting gig?

There is no guarantee with JP, but he has one thing Holcomb is proven to NOT have; U-P-S-I-D-E. Might as well see if it can be taken advantage of or not, or if the Bills need to look elsewhere. Holcomb is no part of that equation.

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Ha ha ha.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                  Gawd would the "beat out in camp" argument please die? Rob Johnson was the best 'camp' performer QB lots of scouts ever saw, but if it doesn't translate to the field, it's useless!

If camp means everything, why didn't Tom Brady beat out Bledsoe for the starting gig?

There is no guarantee with JP, but he has one thing Holcomb is proven to NOT have; U-P-S-I-D-E. Might as well see if it can be taken advantage of or not, or if the Bills need to look elsewhere. Holcomb is no part of that equation.
                  I wish the 'we need to start JP because he has 'potential'' argument would go away. Put the best players on the field, period.

Youboty and Simpson have 'potential', also. So does Nance. They all have U-P-S-I-D-E, let's insert them into the starting line-up too.

Put potential in one hand, and **** in the other, and see which one fills up first.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by YardRat
                    I wish the 'we need to start JP because he has 'potential'' argument would go away. Put the best players on the field, period.

Youboty and Simpson have 'potential', also. So does Nance. They all have U-P-S-I-D-E, let's insert them into the starting line-up too.

Put potential in one hand, and **** in the other, and see which one fills up first.
                    The only thing that keeps me from agreeing with you is the fact that no matter what anyone says, IMO JP has....POTENTIAL....to be a better player than Holcomb. Its obvious they are close since there is no obvious choice, at least for the coaches. JP has more of the tools needed, i think, but he just doesnt know how to use them yet. Its up to the coaches and JP himself to learn to use them, or I will also end up rooting for Kelly to start.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

apples and oranges....those guys can see playing time even if they aren't starting. How do you expect to play 2 QBs at once?
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SpillerThrills
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                        IMO JP has....POTENTIAL....to be a better player than Holcomb.
                        I have more tallent than Holcomb!!!! and I was a lineman when I played!!!
                        2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
                        2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
                        2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
                        2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
                          apples and oranges....those guys can see playing time even if they aren't starting. How do you expect to play 2 QBs at once?
                          Why can't a back-up QB see playing time, depending on the game situation?
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Why can't a back-up QB see playing time, depending on the game situation?
                            Sure...if you plan on being blown out early in every game. Switching up QBs in the middle of the game for a series or two would hurt our ability to win games now...which is the argument that the Holcomb supporters are using...they wanna win a few more games now ...never mind that it could slow our progress in the future
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

If you think KH can lead this team to a winning season I don't know what games you've been watching over the last 11 years.

I agree - and that's my point. If JP can't beat out a talentless 11 year career backup then he doesn't deserve to start. But that also means we are going into the season with a talentless 11 year backup, and that means a sub 500 season and another rebuild at QB next year.

So that's why I said our hopes ride on JP, because if he busts, we are back to square 1. KH is not, nor will he ever be, a successful full time starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X