PDA

View Full Version : Why Spikes???

northernbillfan
02-15-2003, 05:08 PM
Every off season we get all gung ho for a certain player. This season is no exception.

I don't remember anyone from the Bills organization talking about Spikes. We fans have jumped all over him.

I know we need a LB in a bad way, and Spikes is perhaps one of the best ones out there. But lets not get our hopes up and have them quashed.

There are other LBs out there. Lets not have all our eggs in one basket.

ublinkwescore
02-15-2003, 05:27 PM
As long as we've got a shot at him, we can hope.

Remember he's been quoted as referring to Buffalo as home.

and he "just wants to compete" - we're a legitimate competitor (moreso then a lot of teams out there) for the Superbowl next season given our cap situation, and the way this offseason appears to be shaping up, and given how many players we've got under contract.

Brian H
02-15-2003, 05:46 PM
He's young ,versatile and very strong and as showed to be a team leader so why wouldn't we want a guy like this?

ublinkwescore
02-15-2003, 05:48 PM
It all makes sense to me.

Brian H
02-15-2003, 05:51 PM
Thank you :-)

venis2k1
02-15-2003, 06:06 PM
I like him because i think his smile is sexy....

:ontome:

ublinkwescore
02-15-2003, 06:11 PM
I thought you were a dude because of you're avatar Venis

lordofgun
02-15-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1

Same here! :hi5:

venis2k1
02-15-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
I thought you were a dude because of you're avatar Venis

I am

Fat Tony
02-15-2003, 06:17 PM
You got a purdy mouth...boy...

Buffarama
02-15-2003, 06:19 PM
I like him cause he gets ugly on the football field.

don137
02-15-2003, 06:28 PM
The Bills can not say anything about Spikes or any other player until March 1st or else they would be in violation. You know the Bills have to be interested since the WSLB is one of there biggest weaknesses and he is the best available. TD won't break the bank for any player but that doesn't mean he isn't nterested.

The_Philster
02-15-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1

:eek:

Same here!

You're scaring me...both of you

The Bills can not say anything about Spikes or any other player until March 1st or else they would be in violation. You know the Bills have to be interested since the WSLB is one of there biggest weaknesses and he is the best available. TD won't break the bank for any player but that doesn't mean he isn't nterested.

exactly. We can't assume they're not interested because they don't talk about him...because they can't talk about him.

colin
02-15-2003, 06:51 PM
I like him because he ***** slaps QBs and runningbacks all over the place. He is the most gifted WLB in the game.

DraftBoy
02-15-2003, 07:53 PM
I agree with colin *****slapping is always a plus

casdhf
02-16-2003, 10:44 AM
I like him becaue he tried to drill out star QB into the turf and ended up injuring himself.

Tatonka
02-16-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by colin
I like him because he ***** slaps QBs and runningbacks all over the place. He is the most gifted WLB in the game.

um... derrick brooks... i take brooks over spikes 7 days a week and twice on sundays.

Tatonka
02-16-2003, 11:53 AM
and i thought spikes was acually one of 2 inside LBs in a 3-4 scheme.. which translates to wlb..

but honestly, i cant think of 10 other LBs at any position that are better than him.

Ingtar33
02-16-2003, 01:01 PM
Spikes plays, currently, WLB in a 4-3... However, a few years ago he excelled as a MLB in the 3-4 (back when Cinci was running with that D).

colin
02-16-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

um... derrick brooks... i take brooks over spikes 7 days a week and twice on sundays.

Brooks is awesome, and perhaps the best player in the game.

But he is on a great team, that allows him to have cherry roles like spy and make plays without anyone even trying to stop him.

And Takeo is the most gifted, meaning natural talent, IMO. He can be for us what Cowart could have been.

Ð
02-16-2003, 03:13 PM
It's all about the Benjamins

THATHURMANATOR
02-16-2003, 03:14 PM
Who is this spikes guy everyone is talking so much about??

Tatonka
02-16-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Who is this spikes guy everyone is talking so much about??

he's a wide receiver that plays for the Texans.. he is one of the best in the game.:drinker: :shake:

BADTHINGSMAN
02-16-2003, 06:19 PM
"Quoted as referring to Buffalo as home"

How do we know he wasnt saying Buffalo was like home as in playing in Cinnci? The fans cheered for every tackle he made. Im sure the hundred or so bagheads that show for Bungles games cheer when he makes a tackle.

Im not gonna get all excited about Spikes.
untill he says he wants to be here. He probably go to the team that has a chance and gives the most money. Buffalo could be it. But so could alot of other places.

Ed
02-16-2003, 06:30 PM
Actually, GW spoke very highly of Spikes after the cincy game. I don't remember what he said exactly, but I'm pretty sure he said something like he's the type of player you'd love to have on your defense. The Bills are in desperate need of a WLB and Spikes is the best one out there, so they're definately interested whether they say so or not.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-16-2003, 07:07 PM
Well they cant say to much at the moment. It isnt FA time yet. Just gotta watch what they say about Spikes.

justasportsfan
02-16-2003, 08:24 PM
I have a feeling we will end up taking Colvin.

Tatonka
02-16-2003, 09:13 PM
i have the total opposite feeling.. i dont think colvin is our guy at all.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-17-2003, 12:56 AM
I say Colts end up with Spikes and the Bills get Peterson. Which is still good.

northernbillfan
02-17-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by silent_one
"Quoted as referring to Buffalo as home"

How do we know he wasnt saying Buffalo was like home as in playing in Cinnci? The fans cheered for every tackle he made. Im sure the hundred or so bagheads that show for Bungles games cheer when he makes a tackle.

Im not gonna get all excited about Spikes.
untill he says he wants to be here. He probably go to the team that has a chance and gives the most money. Buffalo could be it. But so could alot of other places.

This why I posted this thread. I thought we got all wound up about one player, and didn't factor other options.

This always happens in the off season. We miss out on the guy, and, then, we bring up other players names.

Let's talk about others now, like Sam Adams. His name has been tossed around as a possible.