PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Enemy Territory

northernbillfan
06-12-2006, 10:13 AM
The last time the cup finals were going on it was the Calgary Flames versus Tampa and a lot of people in Edmonton were sporting those car flags. Cheering for your biggest rival as I've mentioned before is akin to kissing your sister (with tongue).

Well I just spent the weekend in Calgary and I have to give them credit as there were hardly any Oilers car flags and everywhere I went wearing my Oilers jersey I was booed and jeered at. Many many time times a car passing by would yell out "Go Carolina".

Considering I thought the city was rooting for Edmonton, I was more than impressed to see it's quite the opposite.

:bf1:

SABuffalo786
06-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Hehehe.

Aren't sports great?

gannd
06-12-2006, 07:02 PM
The bars get packed and the people are cheering for the Oilers here. Make no mistake about the kiddies you read on message boards. Adults are cheering for the Oilers you can bet on that. All my friends are quietly watching and cheering for the cup to come north.

Even the liquor store beside my condo said yesterday that it was a slow day because there was no hockey, today they expect big sales.

northernbillfan
06-13-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm not saying that Calgary is not behind Edmonton, it's just not as visible as it was here when they went for the cup last time.

BTW Gannd I'll be in Cow town again in early Sept. We should hook up for a Bills game.