X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmb1099
    • Sep 2004

Losman to Nance

Just finished reading the training camp report and Losman after being sacked came right back and hit Nance for a 20 yard pass play...for those keeping score 20 yards is four times further than Holcomb can throw, but I digress. Then at the end of the series Losman hit Nance again for the TD. Looks to me like Losman has found another favorite target which is great news. Also is interesting is the report about Nall's drastic improvement. Its all at biffalobills.com.
  • evol4276
    • Oct 2005

Re: Losman to Nance

even more interesting is the Holcomb comment on a somewhat bad day.. maybe this will bump JP up a few more notches

Comment

• PcA125
      • May 2006

Originally posted by evol4276
      even more interesting is the Holcomb comment on a somewhat bad day.. maybe this will bump JP up a few more notches
      what did he say? Got a link?
      Cheers!

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Could JP and Nall be the two guys Jauron was referring to??
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Quarterback Craig Nall may have had his best day of the entire offseason Monday. He was decisive with the football and more consistent with his accuracy. His passes also appeared to have more velocity on them.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jmb1099
            Just finished reading the training camp report and Losman after being sacked came right back and hit Nance for a 20 yard pass play...for those keeping score 20 yards is four times further than Holcomb can throw, but I digress. Then at the end of the series Losman hit Nance again for the TD. Looks to me like Losman has found another favorite target which is great news. Also is interesting is the report about Nall's drastic improvement. Its all at biffalobills.com.
            Wow. Losman completed a 20 yard pass in practice.

We should order our super bowl tickets now!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              Sab and TD are insignificant
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone

And he's been rumored to be much more accurate with his passes - can't you just try being happy that the news isn't bad.
              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• evol4276
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                Could JP and Nall be the two guys Jauron was referring to??
                QB UPDATE: Craig Nall had his best passing day this offseason. His passes had more zip, he was more decisive in where he was going with the ball. Perhaps the light bulb is going on for him with respect to the offense because he wasn't hesitating and pumping and hitching like he had been in previous camps. He was also more accurate which was good to see, and as I suspected I wouldn't be surprised if it was because he didn't have to rush any of his throws. When he was slow to make some reads he would still try to stick a ball in a tight spot, but because his read was late, he'd try to muscle a ball in and it wouldn't get there in time or go for an INT. Today he was in a good rhythm.
                Kelly Holcomb on the other hand was not his consistent self. His accuracy was off, he couldn't find a rhythm and made some poor choices with the football. One of his passes was tipped by Josh Stamer and intercepted by Jabari Greer in the end zone.
                J.P. Losman performed well in the 2-minute drill. He effectively marched the team down the field. They started around their own 40 with exactly 2 minutes on the clock. They needed a TD and had a timeout at their disposal. It took him six plays to score. And Martin Nance had two big plays on the drive. He converted a 2nd-and-20 and the TD. George Wilson had a nice gainer too.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  • Sep 2002

Holcombe on the NFL Network just basically said that Competition is nothing new to him, and that he's been in camp battles his whole career or something along those lines, I don't remember him saying anything acknowledging looking like crap compared to the other two... not that I'm saying the others look bad - I don't know how they have looked.

Comment

• jmb1099
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by billsfanone

I know...nothing to whine and cry about...terrible isn't it?

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      • Sep 2002

I hope the 2 minute drill TD was against the first string defense.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Aug 2004

It would be nice to see the Bills with a QB who has a good rapport with more than one WR. They haven't had that since P.Price went to Atlanta.

Chris Brown obviously likes what he sees from Nance when you read his reports on BB.com. Even though rookie receivers rarely have big first seasons, I like Nance and hope he makes the team--with his height, he could be the exception to this rule because of the options that he give the team in the red zone.

I don't know if JP was going against the first team defense or not, but Holcomb certainly wasn't going against a full first team defense when his pass was deflected by Josh Stamer and intercepted by Jabari Greer.

You know who's name hasn't come up much in these OTA reports? Josh Reed. Even Andre Davis and Roscoe Parrish have gotten mentions for good plays or great catches more often than Reed's name has come up. George Wilson's name has been mentioned a lot lately. The battle for roster spots at WR is going to be fascinating in the preseason!
                        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

I just hope they don't throw Nance away beacause he was the undrafted rookie. He can't perform when the pads come on then fine, but so far he looks like a 4th or 5th receiver. We know what Aiken, Smith, and Wilson can provide. All he needs to do is beat out 2 of the 3 since I think we will head into the season with 6 receivers. Besides, if Davis makes the sqaud (which he probably will", he will get hurt at some point in the season.

What the Bills may also do is put him on the practice squad, but I am sure that another team would be glad to take him off there.

Let the kid play and see what happens. He couldn't be any worse than Josh reed who will make the team just because of his experience, not his talent.

Comment

• jmb1099
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
                            I just hope they don't throw Nance away beacause he was the undrafted rookie. He can't perform when the pads come on then fine, but so far he looks like a 4th or 5th receiver. We know what Aiken, Smith, and Wilson can provide. All he needs to do is beat out 2 of the 3 since I think we will head into the season with 6 receivers. Besides, if Davis makes the sqaud (which he probably will", he will get hurt at some point in the season.

What the Bills may also do is put him on the practice squad, but I am sure that another team would be glad to take him off there.

Let the kid play and see what happens. He couldn't be any worse than Josh reed who will make the team just because of his experience, not his talent.
                            Agreed. If He continues to make plays in contact then he needs to be on the squad no matter what his draft status was.

Comment

• jmb1099
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                              It would be nice to see the Bills with a QB who has a good rapport with more than one WR. They haven't had that since P.Price went to Atlanta.

Chris Brown obviously likes what he sees from Nance when you read his reports on BB.com. Even though rookie receivers rarely have big first seasons, I like Nance and hope he makes the team--with his height, he could be the exception to this rule because of the options that he give the team in the red zone.

I don't know if JP was going against the first team defense or not, but Holcomb certainly wasn't going against a full first team defense when his pass was deflected by Josh Stamer and intercepted by Jabari Greer.

You know who's name hasn't come up much in these OTA reports? Josh Reed. Even Andre Davis and Roscoe Parrish have gotten mentions for good plays or great catches more often than Reed's name has come up. George Wilson's name has been mentioned a lot lately. The battle for roster spots at WR is going to be fascinating in the preseason!
                              Interesting points. The other name not mentioned yet has been Peerless Price.

Comment

Working...
                              X