PDA

View Full Version : Forget it Canada you are'nt getting the cup!!!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-12-2006, 10:37 PM
:usflag: oh yeah I think this will teach you guys not to boo our National Anthem. :canada: Oilers :sucker:'s

hammerbillsfan
06-12-2006, 10:41 PM
oh yeah I think this will teach you guys not to boo our National Anthem.

You got that backwards. :mad:

hammerbillsfan
06-12-2006, 10:43 PM
http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=fa2334ff-42ea-432b-ac55-f7d5c29497f0&k=14182

BlackMetalNinja
06-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Actually, watching the game tonight, the Canadian National Anthem being sung by the entire f'n crowd was awesome. I wish fans in the US were ever that passionate...

northernbillfan
06-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Actually, watching the game tonight, the Canadian National Anthem being sung by the entire f'n crowd was awesome. I wish fans in the US were ever that passionate...
That started in game three of teh western finals. The crowd singing prompted the singer to raise his mic to the crowd and they've been doing it ever since.

Even when we go to the road games that are shown on the big screen at Rexall Place thecrowd does the same thing, even though there are only a few thousand. It brings chills to my spine whenever I hear it.

The crowd even signs the American anthem with zeal.

northernbillfan
06-12-2006, 10:59 PM
:usflag: oh yeah I think this will teach you guys not to boo our National Anthem. :canada: Oilers :sucker:'s
We would never disrespect a country like that.

If any team can rally back from this it's the Oilers.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-12-2006, 11:19 PM
We would never disrespect a country like that.

If any team can rally back from this it's the Oilers.

What was the name of that Roy Orbison song oh yeah

IT'S OVER!!!!

northernbillfan
06-12-2006, 11:27 PM
What's that old saying?

Oh yeah....

He who laughs last laughs loudest

PUCKER
06-13-2006, 12:02 AM
I wouldnt count your chickens before they hatch...:nono:

SabreEleven
06-13-2006, 12:39 AM
The fans singing the national anthem was pretty sweet.....It gave me chills. The ******ed kid really get's into it. I forget his name. Moss or something like that.

northernbillfan
06-13-2006, 01:02 AM
Joey Moss.

If you noticed after game 3 he high fived the whole team as they came off the ice, then he went straight to work.

He's the little brother of the first girl Gretzky dated here in Edmonton.

hammerbillsfan
06-13-2006, 01:03 AM
Joey Moss.

If you noticed after game 3 he high fived the whole team as they came off the ice, then he went straight to work.

CBC had a nice piece on his before the game.

northernbillfan
06-13-2006, 01:07 AM
Didn't catch the pregame show tonight.

northernbillfan
06-13-2006, 01:07 AM
Got home just a teh Oil scored only to cry when Carolina scored right away.

SkateZilla
06-13-2006, 01:25 AM
I Guess the Cup Liked Tanning 2 Days and Spending 10 or So in a Hurricane Shelter, and thats pretty much what it will get in Carolina..

ddaryl
06-13-2006, 03:18 AM

the only national anthem of any country that has the word bombs in it and makes war reference is our national Anthem. I don;t think any nation should proudly sing about such stuff. I think we need to change the national anthem ASAP, but that's only a small issue with taking pride in America, and why people who live in America, are not willing to sing our National Anthem.

Also didn't the people in Anaheim visiously boo the Canadian National Anthem. I think we deserved it.

SabreEleven
06-13-2006, 03:25 AM

She must be kicking herself.

SkateZilla
06-13-2006, 03:29 AM
the only national anthem of any country that has the word bombs in it and makes war reference is our national Anthem. I don;t think any nation should proudly sing about such stuff. I think we need to change the national anthem ASAP, but that's only a small issue with taking pride in America, and why people who live in America, are not willing to sing our National Anthem.

Also didn't the people in Anaheim visiously boo the Canadian National Anthem. I think we deserved it.

Did you see the the equipment staff for edmonton like screaming and yelling the anthem like he was gonna kill for his country for game 3?, thought he was gonna blow a heart valve ..

SabreEleven
06-13-2006, 04:19 AM
Did you see the the equipment staff for edmonton like screaming and yelling the anthem like he was gonna kill for his country for game 3?, thought he was gonna blow a heart valve ..

Did you not read the above posts? That is Joey Moss.

SABURZFAN
06-13-2006, 06:16 AM
i don't get into that Canada vs USA crap,unless i'm breaking somebody's balls.i want Edmonton to win.

ddaryl
06-13-2006, 07:15 AM

Naw, didn't see the game, but good for Canada. It would be nice to feel that great about my country to the point where I too felt this passionate about our anthem.

SkateZilla
06-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Naw, didn't see the game, but good for Canada. It would be nice to feel that great about my country to the point where I too felt this passionate about our anthem.

i swear he was gonna have a heart attack...

as for the cup, I hope its Hurricane Proof...

northernbillfan
06-13-2006, 10:54 AM
i swear he was gonna have a heart attack...

as for the cup, I hope its Hurricane Proof...
It will be Hurricane proof as we just might have to put a big Oil slick on it and keep it land locked.

I don't hear any fat lady singing yet, or even clearing her throat for that matter.

northernbillfan
06-13-2006, 10:55 AM
I think it also has something to do with the fact that the Edmonton crowd is known for being the loudest crowd in the league and they wanted some time of legacy to go along with this playoff run.

SkateZilla
06-13-2006, 12:32 PM
It will be Hurricane proof as we just might have to put a big Oil slick on it and keep it land locked.

I don't hear any fat lady singing yet, or even clearing her throat for that matter.

can See it Now:,,,

ESPN.com - AP:
Hurricanes Capitain loses lord Stanley's cup in beach house hurricane accident.
"I was Having a BBQ on the beach and we were marinading the chicken strips in the cup and the wind picked up and the waves came in and it swept the cup away, after about 5 seconds it sank below the water and we couldnt find it" - Rod Brind'Amour said about the accident. Investigators believe the cup can be anywhere by now with the undertow being fueled by hurricane Alberto.

northernbillfan
06-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Hurricane Alberto will make sure the cup gets blown to Alberta

don137
06-13-2006, 02:32 PM
can See it Now:,,,

ESPN.com - AP:
Hurricanes Capitain loses lord Stanley's cup in beach house hurricane accident.
"I was Having a BBQ on the beach and we were marinading the chicken strips in the cup and the wind picked up and the waves came in and it swept the cup away, after about 5 seconds it sank below the water and we couldnt find it" - Rod Brind'Amour said about the accident. Investigators believe the cup can be anywhere by now with the undertow being fueled by hurricane Alberto.

This is why the Oilers need to win the damn cup...I could hear Whin'Amor and blame someone for his error..."It's not my fault. They should of made the cup so it doesn't sink, I can't talk about it right now. I also ended up burning the chicken strips on the grill looking for the cup and thanks to the NHL I had to order out since my dinner was burned to a crisp"

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-13-2006, 04:50 PM

http://www.zenwaiter.com/photos/index/fat%20lady%20sings.jpg DO YOU SEE HER NOW :question: :laughing:

SkateZilla
06-13-2006, 05:03 PM
This is why the Oilers need to win the damn cup...I could hear Whin'Amor and blame someone for his error..."It's not my fault. They should of made the cup so it doesn't sink, I can't talk about it right now. I also ended up burning the chicken strips on the grill looking for the cup and thanks to the NHL I had to order out since my dinner was burned to a crisp"

ESPN AP:
After Reports that the Cup was lost at seas by Rod Brind'Amour, He Addressed the media by saying the following statement "It wasnt me it was my butlers fault, he was supposed to be watching it while me and Staal were hitting on some hunnahs.."

SABuffalo786
06-14-2006, 01:31 AM
What was the name of that Roy Orbison song oh yeah

IT'S OVER!!!!

Pfffffffffft.

**** Carolina.

And **** your whole cheese ball plastic patriotism while you're at it....

This isn't USA v. Canada.

This is Heart & Soul Hockey Cities vs. Undeserving Sunbelt Bastards

BleedinGreenNC
06-14-2006, 05:57 AM
Pfffffffffft.

**** Carolina.

And **** your whole cheese ball plastic patriotism while you're at it....

This isn't USA v. Canada.

This is Heart & Soul Hockey Cities vs. Undeserving Sunbelt Bastards

Underdeserving? Yeah that's, we dont deserve it because the team is in the south.

SABuffalo786
06-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Underdeserving? Yeah that's, we dont deserve it because the team is in the south.

Glad to see you've finally figured it out.

SABuffalo786
06-14-2006, 12:33 PM

Wow, could you butcher your grammar any more?

You've got some balls, making fun of a Buffalo fan in your signature for poor spelling...

northernbillfan
06-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Not too bright Bleed for pickiing on the spelling when it's actually a variant.
Main Entry: or·ga·ni·za·tion
Variant: or·ga·ni·sa·tion

Now we know why southerners are slow. They only have half a grasp on the English language.

I phoned Carolina to discuss the game and the phone options were "Press one for English or press two for redneckinese"