Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Let's review, shall we?

JP started the season last year.

Beat a crappy Houston team.

Lost to Tampa Bay.

Lost a very winnable home game to Atlanta. JP was 10-23 for 75 yards, 1 int, 1 lost fumble, and was sacked 4 times.

Lost a very winnable game at NO where he was 7-15 for 75 yards, 1 int, and was sacked 4 times.

At 1-3, MM tries to save the season by switching to Holcomb. Remember that JP looked horrible in the last 2 games. I don't fault him for switching at this point, kinda like the point Pat is trying to make.

Bills beat Miami

Bills beat the Jets

Lose a horrible game at Oakland.

Lose a heart breaker where they lead nearly the whole game at NE.

3-5 at this point. Back to JP.

Beat KC

Horrible loss at SD. JP 20/36 168 yards 1 TD, 1 int, sacked 6 times.

Lose winnable game at home against Carolina where the Bills only get 9 points. JP's numbers are ok. 16/21 for 197 yards with an int and was sacked 4 times.

Lose at Miami. 13/26 224 yards 3 TD's and 1 int. 1 lost fumble and was sacked 2 times.

Lose to NE. Horrible numbers 10/27 181 yards 1 TD 3 ints and was sacked twice.

Back to Holcomb. Why, I don't know. Might as well have played out the string at this point with JP. I disagree with MM here.

Lose to Denver.

Beat the Bengals.

Lose to the Jets.

My point is that JP lost at least 3 games that we easilly could have won. Are we going to go through this again?
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Let's review, shall we?

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
    My point is that JP lost at least 3 games that we easilly could have won. Are we going to go through this again?
    Youre implying it was all JP's fault ? The team was set up to fail. The OL was ignored and a 1st year qb wasn't given an OL and running game to help him out. You had vets who gave up on the system/coach. Tons of reasons why we failed and JP was not the only reason.

If we had the same coaching staff yes, we'd be going through that again. Hopefully we have a coach that knows better.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Back to Holcomb. Why, I don't know. Might as well have played out the string at this point with JP. I disagree with MM here.

Not many people bought into it, but they said that JP hurt his elbow or something. Who knows it was true.
      Last edited by Patrick76777; 06-13-2006, 01:07 PM.
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Bledsoe lost winnable games, too. I blame the coaching staff.
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

look at the number of times he got sacked.no OL whatsoever.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

The crazy thing is if JP doesn’t win the job, the folks here at Jpfanzone will immediately blame the coaches and Marv saying they don’t know what they’re doing. When perhaps, the last 2 coaching staffs, GM’s and all the players will apparently and in their professional opinions realize thru practice that JP may not have what it takes.
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

You simply have to have some patience with a young QB and give him time to develop.

If you were to base everything on a handful of games as a first time starter, guys like John Elway, Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman would have been yanked, set on the bench, and missed out on Hall of Fame careers.

And it's not like we have a HOFer in front of JP who is going to win us a lot more games.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

We need patience with JP and the new coaching staff. It's that simple. Let's wait & see.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

JP started the season last year.

Beat a crappy Houston team.

Lost to Tampa Bay.

Lost a very winnable home game to Atlanta. JP was 10-23 for 75 yards, 1 int, 1 lost fumble, and was sacked 4 times.

Lost a very winnable game at NO where he was 7-15 for 75 yards, 1 int, and was sacked 4 times.

At 1-3, MM tries to save the season by switching to Holcomb. Remember that JP looked horrible in the last 2 games. I don't fault him for switching at this point, kinda like the point Pat is trying to make.

Bills beat Miami

Bills beat the Jets

Lose a horrible game at Oakland.

Lose a heart breaker where they lead nearly the whole game at NE.

3-5 at this point. Back to JP.

Beat KC

Horrible loss at SD. JP 20/36 168 yards 1 TD, 1 int, sacked 6 times.

Lose winnable game at home against Carolina where the Bills only get 9 points. JP's numbers are ok. 16/21 for 197 yards with an int and was sacked 4 times.

Lose at Miami. 13/26 224 yards 3 TD's and 1 int. 1 lost fumble and was sacked 2 times.

Lose to NE. Horrible numbers 10/27 181 yards 1 TD 3 ints and was sacked twice.

Lose to Denver.

Beat the Bengals.

Lose to the Jets.

First off I want to apologize for having to quote this entire piece of work. There is no basis for this comparison. There where too many variables in this equation. And I am pretty sure that Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, John Elway, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, etc. have all lost "winnable games", yes, even at home. Big freaking deal. Give JP a line to play behind, some experience and a running back who isn't feeling "sluggish", and then we'll make a decision on whether or not he has the ability play in the NFL.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                    The crazy thing is if JP doesn’t win the job, the folks here at Jpfanzone will immediately blame the coaches and Marv saying they don’t know what they’re doing. When perhaps, the last 2 coaching staffs, GM’s and all the players will apparently and in their professional opinions realize thru practice that JP may not have what it takes.
                    I don't think anyone will be saying that. Whatever decision they come up with, I as a Bills fan will support, well at least until I can't take it anymore.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Pat, one question. If JP and Holcomb are dead even through preseason as far as performance, etc. Who do you start?

Comment

• Patrick76777
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        Pat, one question. If JP and Holcomb are dead even through preseason as far as performance, etc. Who do you start?

If they’re dead even in practice and preseason games, I'd go with JP. But I'm not prepared to give him 16 games without some sort of leash.

At some point, if he’s ineffective, I have to do the right thing and pull him.
                        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

If they’re dead even in practice and preseason games, I'd go with JP. But I'm not prepared to give him 16 games without some sort of leash.

At some point, if he’s ineffective, I have to do the right thing and pull him.
                          How many in a row?! How many games does he get before you pull him?!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            How many in a row?! How many games does he get before you pull him?!

depends on how bad he is. If he's as bad as he was in the first 4 games last year, I'd be tempted to do it after 4 games again.

If he shows anything, say one average game, I'd give him 7 games, which is right up to the bye.

It's really tough to say without knowing how it plays out.
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Another irrelevant thread
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X