PDA

View Full Version : JP/Holcomb debate...

eyedog
06-13-2006, 09:04 AM
this whole qb debate is actually getting stupid.

It's obvious to anyone with any football knowledge that it will be JP unless he totally bombs out in preseason. He would have to be so bad that they have no other choice but to go with Holcomb or Nall for that matter. If it's even close JP will be the qb opening day in New England. There is really no reason to keep going over this situation everyday.

Ok flame away. Tell me something I don't already know.

TigerJ
06-13-2006, 09:08 AM
JP is my choice under those circumstances, but I am not so positive as you that the Bills will agree. I don't necessarilly think they will do something else either. I'm simply not predicting at this point.

jamze132
06-13-2006, 09:41 AM
It is too early to predict who will be holding the clipboard on opening day. However, I, being a JP supporter understand that he may have the most upside of the QBs on our current roster. But that doesn't mean that the current regime will play him. They had nothing to do with drafting him, they inherited him. They know just as much as we do about his football abilities. No one knows yet. But I have a feeling that they know what they are getting when Holcomb no longer holds the clipboard and instead breaks the huddle.

Give the kid a chance. If he can't figure it out then go for Brady Quinn next year.

justasportsfan
06-13-2006, 09:50 AM
I too think it'll be JP. The guy has so much promise. Then again, it isn't our decision to make. Marv's got his little psychology thing too when it comes to preparing players through competition. So who knows?

HHURRICANE
06-13-2006, 10:23 AM
this whole qb debate is actually getting stupid.

It's obvious to anyone with any football knowledge that it will be JP unless he totally bombs out in preseason. He would have to be so bad that they have no other choice but to go with Holcomb or Nall for that matter. If it's even close JP will be the qb opening day in New England. There is really no reason to keep going over this situation everyday.

Ok flame away. Tell me something I don't already know.

I wish I shared your confidence. If Jauron had to pick today I think it would be Holcomb.

ublinkwescore
06-13-2006, 11:00 AM
As of right now, I'd agree with you about Jauron going with Holcomb... but if JP keeps having good days and shows consistency, he's gonna have to go with JP unless he wants us calling for his head before his reign even began.

The_Philster
06-13-2006, 11:01 AM
this whole qb debate is actually getting stupid..getting? :huh:

Michael82
06-13-2006, 12:10 PM
As of right now, I'd agree with you about Jauron going with Holcomb... but if JP keeps having good days and shows consistency, he's gonna have to go with JP unless he wants us calling for his head before his reign even began.
The moment he picks Holcomb, I'll scream loudly to FIRE THE COACH and will light my torch and get my pitchfork and head towards One Bills Drive to join the angry mob that runs his ass out of town!!!

YardRat
06-13-2006, 12:26 PM
I don't care who starts, as long as it's the guy that gives the team the best chance to develop, and possibly win.

ublinkwescore
06-13-2006, 12:38 PM
The moment he picks Holcomb, I'll scream loudly to FIRE THE COACH and will light my torch and get my pitchfork and head towards One Bills Drive to join the angry mob that runs his ass out of town!!!

What if Jauron ends up going with Holcombe, and we win no games at the start of the season (say we go 0-2 to the pats and phins), and then he benches Holcombe for Losman and we ride Losman out for the rest of the season, and Losman actually plays good - it was just an attempt to appease the vets (who may have felt Losman didn't perform well enough in preseason and training camp to justify starting him) temporarily until they were convinced that Holcombe isn't the answer - thus making the whole team more cohesive under JP?...

That's the only way I'd give Jauron any leeway before I'd start calling for his head.

Michael82
06-13-2006, 12:41 PM
What if Jauron ends up going with Holcombe, and we win no games at the start of the season (say we go 0-2 to the pats and phins), and then he benches Holcombe for Losman and we ride Losman out for the rest of the season, and Losman actually plays good - it was just an attempt to appease the vets (who may have felt Losman didn't perform well enough in preseason and training camp to justify starting him) temporarily until they were convinced that Holcombe isn't the answer - thus making the whole team more cohesive under JP?...

That's the only way I'd give Jauron any leeway before I'd start calling for his head.
Good point. That may work out better. Do what Coughlin did with Eli. :up:

But like you, that's the ONLY WAY I wouldn't call for Jauron's head and start the angry mob.

TacklingDummy
06-13-2006, 01:27 PM
I predict that the starting QB that Dick thinks will give the Bills the best chance to win week 1 of the season will start.

And if that's Holcomb, I predict they will give him 5-6 games, see how the season is going, if the season's going well, they stay with Holcomb, if the season is going bad, they put JP in and see what they have for the future.

If JP is named starter, its not because he has more potential, it's because he gives the Bills the best chance to win week 1.