PDA

View Full Version : Sabres sale news on HNIC

fushetti
02-15-2003, 10:02 PM
During the 2nd intermission of the Toronto-Ottawa game on Hockey Night in Canada, Al Strachan from the Toronto Sun was asked about the sabres sales situation. He said that the team would go for around 55 million and that it (presumably meaning the sale) will take place this week. Anyone else see this or hear anything more? Believe it or not, I was under a rock today so i may have missed something.

clumping platelets
02-16-2003, 08:36 AM
I saw and heard it as well. That's interesting....Golisano hasn't formally made a bid last I heard. :huh:

SkateZilla
02-16-2003, 10:16 AM
Hamister was Rumored to Re-Submitt his bid within the next week according to some news station. (that was said on thursday)

and also rumored he got his 30 Mill to support the team

First thing to do as acting owner... FIRE LINDY RUFF!!!!!

fushetti
02-16-2003, 10:20 AM
I'd kinda be upset if Hamister was owner. Golisano has the bucks. We'll see

clumping platelets
02-16-2003, 10:33 AM
All that matters is that whomever owns the team is able to keep the team here and adequately finance it to provide a decent team for us to watch.

:pray:

Ebenezer
02-16-2003, 02:15 PM
this scientist requires absolute irrifutable proof...then i will believe it only after the papers are signed.

HenryRules
02-16-2003, 06:16 PM
Al Strachan's an idiot. Until I heard him say that on HNIC, I thought it was likely that the Sabres were going to be sold to Galisano ... now that Strachan thinks so, I think its unlikely. Seriously, I don't know how he manages to keep his jobs (he's mainly a reporter for the Toronto Sun) ... 95% of what the guy says is complete BS and makes no sense. I think the only reason they put him on HNIC is so that JD can find different ways each week to imply that Strachan doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Buffarama
02-16-2003, 09:48 PM
Bettman himself would be a better coach than Nimrod. How could anyone be a worse coach? I don't know of any worse coach in the league.

Earthquake Enyart
02-17-2003, 06:44 AM
I've always wanted to ***** slap Al Strachan. He does to me what Josh Mora does for log.