PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network debated Losman/Holcomb

HHURRICANE
06-13-2006, 10:02 AM
Rich Eisen and Rod Woodson debated who the Bills should have as their starting QB. Rod Woodson was pretty clear that Holcomb should start. He also went on to say that Jauron likes veterans and would most likely have Holcomb be the starter. Obviously this is not what I wanted to hear. I guess what seems obvious to me is not obvious to players and coaches.

Rich Eisen basically looked like I felt. He was surprised by Rod Woodson's answers.

BillsNick
06-13-2006, 10:07 AM
It's not like we can win now if we start Holcomb, so why even bother. We need to see what Losman is made of. I'm suprised Woodson said that.

Mr. Cynical
06-13-2006, 10:27 AM
With Dick, nothing would surprise me.

justasportsfan
06-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Woodson doesn't pay close attention to the bills and our camp. he probably didn't even know Holcomb played for the bills.

Don't Panic
06-13-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm not surprised Woodson said that... being a good DB hardly qualifies you to be a GM or a coach. He has opinion, mostly because he spent a lot of the years in the league as a veteran wanting to win now. He feels a veteran QB is more apt to bring success in the immediate. So be it. His comments about Jauron are specualtion, though, and should be looked at as no more than that.

BillsNick
06-13-2006, 10:53 AM

:snicker: I think I'll leave this one alone.

jmb1099
06-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Being a DB, Woodson would naturally want the Qb he thinks is an easy mark to start, hence his vote for KH.

Night Train
06-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Rod Woodson = Who cares ?

His opinion = Zero

Michael82
06-13-2006, 12:20 PM
And thats why Rod Woodson is where he is, instead of still in the league. :ill:

YardRat
06-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Just one man's opinion.

Bill Cody
06-13-2006, 12:44 PM

Don't try and convince us that you don't like Dick.:chuckle:

Bill Brasky
06-13-2006, 05:09 PM

pervert

patmoran2006
06-13-2006, 05:19 PM
And thats why Rod Woodson is where he is, instead of still in the league. :ill:
Rod Woodson is where he is because he's 41-years old.

He played in 17 NFL seasons and made 11-Pro Bowls. He'll be heading to the Hall of Fame as well when he's eligible in 2 years.

I'm pretty sure he's qualified to talk about the NFL, a lot more than some of these ******s on TV who've never played the game.

Your my boy Mikey, but that was a pretty idiotic remark to make.

I know he didnt say what you wanted to hear, I didnt particularly want to hear that either.. But trying to discredit him like that is Homerism at its ugliest.

Nighthawk
06-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Listen, I heard the piece on Holcomb & Losman and it was pretty clear that Woodson just went with the veteran. He has nothing to back it up with...he had to say something and he went for what most vets think and that is to go with the proven guy. He didn't look really sure in what he was saying...it looked like he needed to say something, so he just said the first thing that popped in his head. Oh, and no...this is not homerism, this is fact...watch it again and you can see for yourself.

HHURRICANE
06-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Listen, I heard the piece on Holcomb & Losman and it was pretty clear that Woodson just went with the veteran. He has nothing to back it up with...he had to say something and he went for what most vets think and that is to go with the proven guy. He didn't look really sure in what he was saying...it looked like he needed to say something, so he just said the first thing that popped in his head. Oh, and no...this is not homerism, this is fact...watch it again and you can see for yourself.

I watched it last night and he did say that "Jauron likes veterans" and would play Holcomb. Hey, I hope Woodson is talking out of his butt.

patmoran2006
06-13-2006, 07:14 PM
I dont think Woodson has any inside knowledge of the Bills situation. I think he was speaking as a veteran player and what he would want if he was a vet on this team..

Its pretty obvious right now.. Fans and Media want JP.. Vet players wants Holcomb. All that matters is what the COACH thinks.

ublinkwescore
06-13-2006, 07:15 PM
I think Rich Eisen was kinda calling him out in a subtle manner for not doing his homework.

Nighthawk
06-13-2006, 07:17 PM
I think Rich Eisen was kinda calling him out in a subtle manner for not doing his homework.

Fully agreed...Rich looked at him like he was on drugs. It was pretty amusing.

Nighthawk
06-13-2006, 07:18 PM
I watched it last night and he did say that "Jauron likes veterans" and would play Holcomb. Hey, I hope Woodson is talking out of his butt.

I agree, but is well known that players like playing for Jauron, so I'm assuming that is where he got his take from. It was obvious that he really didn't have any inside information.

billsburgh
06-13-2006, 11:24 PM
It's not like we can win now if we start Holcomb, so why even bother. We need to see what Losman is made of. I'm suprised Woodson said that.
Woodson never says anything worth listening to on that show. He always comes off as a cocky know it all.