PDA

View Full Version : Fletcher Takes the Field!

Michael82
06-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Bills head coach Dick Jauron was willing to give London Fletcher all the time he needed after the passing of his mother last week. But Jauron is finding out quickly that Fletcher is a player he can always count on as the middle linebacker was participating at practice a day after his mother's funeral.

For Fletcher, who also got married last weekend, football was a constant in what turned out to be a weekend of rollercoaster emotions.

"It was a way to get back to normalcy," said Fletcher of his return to the football field Tuesday. "It was good to get my mind off of everything that happened. It felt great to be running around for a couple of hours."

Fletcher did not take a lot of reps in the early portions of practice, but worked his way in as the workout went on assuming his familiar middle linebacker role.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3821

justasportsfan
06-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Chris Brown reads BZ. Jusr when people were wondering why Josh, Davis name haven't been talked about, they appear all of a sudden.

gil
06-13-2006, 03:18 PM
wow, he didn't seem to be the type of guy - rosenhaus or not - who would've held out.

I think people have been looking for leaders on this team - that's a leadership move right there for all the young guys to see.

Michael82
06-13-2006, 03:21 PM
wow, he didn't seem to be the type of guy - rosenhaus or not - who would've held out.

I think people have been looking for leaders on this team - that's a leadership move right there for all the young guys to see.
yeah it is. :clap:

justasportsfan
06-13-2006, 03:30 PM
"Talking to him it was evident that football was helping to ground him a bit after the high of getting married Saturday and the low of his mother's passing coming to a conclusion Monday."

Didn't know he just got married either. He's such a selfish player by getting married during OTA's. Hope his knees hold up.

jamze132
06-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Does anyone know if the guys who went with him to the funeral made it back to camp with Fletcher? It would kind of look bad on there part if they were late.

shelby
06-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Glad he's back:bf1:

shelby
06-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Chris Brown reads BZ. Jusr when people were wondering why Josh, Davis name haven't been talked about, they appear all of a sudden.

i think he does.:snicker:

The last buffalo fan
06-13-2006, 04:07 PM
i think he does.:snicker:
And his name is Pat Moran.

ublinkwescore
06-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Pat Moran would be the absolute last person I'd guess for his billszone alter-ego.

Billsrock4life
06-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Glad he's back:bf1:

same here

Night Train
06-13-2006, 11:35 PM
Who's the next good player we're going to try and use as a whipping boy ?
:shakeno:

G. Host
06-13-2006, 11:40 PM
Pat Moran would be the absolute last person I'd guess for his billszone alter-ego.
Absolutely last person? Skooby you would pick before Pat? ICE? Tackling Dummy? LtFinFan66? Jan Reimers? mybills? Surely you exagerate.

billsburgh
06-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Where are all the haters now who were ready to run him out of town the last month. In the 5 years that London has been here he has been nothing but a team player and then he misses some voluntary practices for reasons that nobody outside the team knew about and now he's the most selfish, uncomitted player ever.

tat2dmike77
06-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Who's the next good player we're going to try and use as a whipping boy ?
:shakeno:

Lee Evans, Aaron Schobel, Terrence McGee, Takeo Spikes, Brian Moorman, Troy Vincent or just pick one hell seems like nobody here can be pleased at all.

Wait i better stop or i'll be a homer

LifetimeBillsFan
06-14-2006, 05:30 AM
Does anyone know if the guys who went with him to the funeral made it back to camp with Fletcher? It would kind of look bad on there part if they were late.

It said either in the report or Chris Brown's blog that everyone was present at the mini-camp, which would mean that they all made it back.

I have to commend Fletcher for being out there so soon after his mother's death. It must have been hard for him going from his wedding to his mother's funeral in such a short space of time and to go to work after doing that deserves commending and respect. He has mine.

While I, like some others, was concerned about Fletcher's absences from the last two OTAs, as I pointed out in my article on the FP, Fletcher was one of the few Bills players who spoke up and tried to get his teammates to play better and take more personal responsibility for their own play last season. He did his best to be a team leader then, he is needed as a team leader this year, and, by his actions now, he is showing that he is willing to be the team leader that this squad needs. I just hope that they will follow him and show the kind of character that he is demonstrating at what they all have to know is such a difficult time for him personally.

McGahee420
06-14-2006, 07:42 AM
Great News! I guess I dont have to worry to much about a hold out from him and Rosenhaus. Fletcher just keeps proving thathe wants to be here and is a class act. GIVE HIM THE EXTENSION HE WANTS! he is still a damn fine football player and a leader to this team.