PDA

View Full Version : Minicamp day 2

Michael82
06-13-2006, 03:20 PM
QB Update: I wrote in my website piece (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3821) that Nall looked good again today, and he did. Please don't take that to mean that Losman or Holcomb did not. The other two quarterbacks had their moments as well. It's just that Nall has had some struggles this spring and to see him doing better is an indication that he might be turning a corner. It will only make for a more interesting competition if he can pick up in training camp where he's leaving off in this minicamp.

He and I talked about how many new things he's doing for the first time in this offense. The concepts are so different in Steve Fairchild's system as opposed to the west coast. It's taken Nall a couple of months, but he's looked more decisive with the ball.

I asked him about my observation that his reads earlier this spring were being made half a second late and if he was muscling the ball in there in an effort to make up the lost time. He told me that was the case. Now that his reads are quicker he's just throwing the ball and he's been more successful.

Receiver pool: The wide receiver talent on this roster is going to be hard to trim down. Martin Nance is only a rookie free agent, but isn't going to make things any easier on the coaching staff. He has made plays every day he's been out there and not all of them easy. Last year the Bills kept six receivers. I don't know if they can justify that again this year.

But after Evans, Price, Parrish and probably Reed, I think everybody else is vulnerable even Sam Aiken who is a lights-out special teamer. Basically it's going to be Aiken, Davis, Smith, Wilson, Chris Denney and Nance battling it out for one maybe two spots unless Reed or Price really struggle.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

jamze132
06-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the great insight!

Maybe Nall can higher you as a life coach or something?

Michael82
06-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the great insight!

Maybe Nall can higher you as a life coach or something?
:rofl: But thats Chris Brown talking, not me. :(

LifetimeBillsFan
06-14-2006, 03:15 AM
With his size, Nance is making it harder and harder for the Bills coaching staff to cut him. If he keeps showing the potential and improvement that he has in the OTAs once the pads go on, I think he's a guy that they are going to have to find a way to keep.

Nall has struggled so far, but it looks like he is trying to put himself back into the race and keep this QB contest from becoming a two-man competition between Losman and Holcomb. It will be interesting to see if he can keep this improvement up.

Michael82
06-14-2006, 10:11 AM
With his size, Nance is making it harder and harder for the Bills coaching staff to cut him. If he keeps showing the potential and improvement that he has in the OTAs once the pads go on, I think he's a guy that they are going to have to find a way to keep.

Nall has struggled so far, but it looks like he is trying to put himself back into the race and keep this QB contest from becoming a two-man competition between Losman and Holcomb. It will be interesting to see if he can keep this improvement up.
Nall struggled, but only because he had to learn a completely new system and was having problems with it. Didn't the Packers use a WCO? If thats the case, this is nothing like the WCO.