• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Branch No Shows Pats Camp

This is another feel good story. I said about two years ago this was going to start happening. These young guys have all got their rings, now its time for a pay day, the loyalty Bellicheck had in the early 2000's has all worn away.

Not to say they wont work it out, but its becoming a more familar trend.

and I like it!
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Re: Branch No Shows Pats Camp

Well, when you're 26 and have a bunch of catches in the superbowl (not to mention an MVP) you might as well angle for a new deal.... Then he can get one more big deal when he's 30.
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    also cheese

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
      http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

This is another feel good story. I said about two years ago this was going to start happening. These young guys have all got their rings, now its time for a pay day, the loyalty Bellicheck had in the early 2000's has all worn away.

Not to say they wont work it out, but its becoming a more familar trend.

and I like it!
      I love it too. Players are no longer willing to be good boys and shut up for Coach Belichick. They are demanding pay increases and holding out.

Comment

• pats-were-right
        Just paint a target on my forehead
        • Dec 2003

This happened before (with Seymour). It's nothing new.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Thats why i used they instead of he.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

The guy is smart. He has rings, was an SB MVP and he knows he is the only WR worth a spit on that team right now outside of the new rookie. BB and Pioli are in a pickle this time. They are going to have to cave in and pay the man.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
              The guy is smart. He has rings, was an SB MVP and he knows he is the only WR worth a spit on that team right now outside of the new rookie. BB and Pioli are in a pickle this time. They are going to have to cave in and pay the man.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

I think its hillarious too Mikey. Time to pay the piper in New England.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

It was only a matter of time before this happened, NE had the good fortune for 5 years, it is a viscious cycle
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                    It was only a matter of time before this happened, NE had the good fortune for 5 years, it is a viscious cycle
                    I just hope we truly see the beginning of the old Patriots days....sucking up a storm and getting kicked around by everyone.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

This is no big deal, just regular contract stuff. It happens all the time.

This one could last a while, because he isn't nearly as important to the Pats as Seymour. The Pats don't value the WR position that highly, and while they love Deion and are willing to pay him decent money, but I think he realizes he probably is worth more than they will offer.

I hope they come to an agreement, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up coming back sometime during training camp, playing out the year and then leaving in FA. I hope not, because the kid is a player, but I could see someone else offering him a lot more than the Pats are willing to pay a WR.

That said, I feel real good about this year's Pats team. The defense is going to be multiple again like in '03 and '04, able to do some crazy stuff on the LOS. They are real strong. I think they score a lot of points as well.

I don't see their demise, but time will tell.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        I just hope we truly see the beginning of the old Patriots days....sucking up a storm and getting kicked around by everyone.
                        It will be if Marv, DJ and more importantly RALPH doesnt' screw it up. Look Miami and the Jets are getting stronger. Marv and Co better make some progress quick or we will be sitting at the bottom of the AFCE And calling LA our new home.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Look Miami and the Jets are getting stronger. .
                          How have the jets gotten better? the draft?

Marv and Co better make some progress quick or we will be sitting at the bottom of the AFCE .
                          the same can be said about the jets and fins.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DynaPaul
                            • Sep 2003

Not to mention that agent who was lowballing contracts and getting kickbacks from Bob Krafty.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                              • May 2003

Feel good how? I don't get why some of you like to revel in any and every bad situation that befalls the Patriots. I really don't. It is not like anything that has happened or could happen is going to make up for the way this Patriots team has made us their *****es for the past five years.

Leave it to D45 to ruin the love fest huh? No offense fellas I just don't understand why you guys get so fired up about stuff like this. It means nothing.

Oh so you predicted two years ago that this would happen? Big deal. It happens to every dynasty sooner or later but for me it changes nothing in terms of the pain they have inflicted on us.

Right or wrong?

Comment

Working...
                              X