PDA

View Full Version : the THROWBACK uni's

im4bflo
06-14-2006, 07:43 PM
With so many changes, front office, coachs and players, I hope they wear the throwbacks some games this year. I love them!
Does anybody have any info on this subject?
I'd think Marv would approve.

ParanoidAndroid
06-14-2006, 07:52 PM
I think there is a maximum number of 2 games (could be 3) in which they can wear approved alternatives to their official uniforms, i.e. "throwbacks."
The throwback sentiment was popular among players last year, but they could not get league approval. The only option is to make them our official uniforms. I don't think that will happen for a while, especially considering Marv's probable sentimental attachment to the current helmet and logo and the fact that this all costs the team money that RW is not likely to spend. Changing logos is expensive.
The throwback jersey style is nice but the colors do not go with the helmet. Perhaps they could adopt the style, keep the colors and the current logo, and find a happy medium. I think that would look good.

ublinkwescore
06-14-2006, 07:56 PM
I'd absolutely love to see us bring back the throwbacks and make them our permanent uniforms.

im4bflo
06-14-2006, 08:01 PM
I'd absolutely love to see us bring back the throwbacks and make them our permanent uniforms.
Me too! I thought of it, because I see a lot of Zoners using pics of the throwbacks in their sigs and avatars, so I think they're quite popular.

im4bflo
06-14-2006, 08:06 PM
I think there is a maximum number of 2 games (could be 3) in which they can wear approved alternatives to their official uniforms, i.e. "throwbacks."
The throwback sentiment was popular among players last year, but they could not get league approval. The only option is to make them our official uniforms. I don't think that will happen for a while, especially considering Marv's probable sentimental attachment to the current helmet and logo and the fact that this all costs the team money that RW is not likely to spend. Changing logos is expensive.
The throwback jersey style is nice but the colors do not go with the helmet. Perhaps they could adopt the style, keep the colors and the current logo, and find a happy medium. I think that would look good.
Hey, 2 or 3 games would be cool.
Just don't drop them altogether!
Yes, making them our official uni is only a dream now, but I'd love it, it's who we are, not the money making scheme uni's that followed.
GO BILLS!

Michael82
06-14-2006, 08:13 PM
I think the throwbacks are the kind of thing that we should use for 3-4 games a year if we can. I don't want to go back to that completely. I like Stripey on the helmet better than the :boring: standing buffalo.

SpillerThrills
06-14-2006, 08:39 PM
I think the throwbacks are the kind of thing that we should use for 3-4 games a year if we can. I don't want to go back to that completely. I like Stripey on the helmet better than the :boring: standing buffalo.

well what about blue Stripey with the white helmet???

Turf
06-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Throwbacks fulltime baby!!!

TacklingDummy
06-14-2006, 08:52 PM

We got rid of Tom Donahoe and Gregg Williams. Time for the new Tenn. Titians uniforms to go with them.

ublinkwescore
06-14-2006, 10:49 PM

That would be even sweeter.

Marvelous
06-14-2006, 10:53 PM
I for one miss the Blue 90's unis.. I wouldn't mind seeing them again in a a game.

For the record i do buy the new style but loved the simplicity of the basic blue ones & the away white..

-It's the white one that kills me.. Why the gay-ass blue over the chest? Take that away & the fact that it's noticably heavier and i'm A-ok with it :up:

billsburgh
06-14-2006, 11:06 PM
We got rid of Tom Donahoe and Gregg Williams. Time for the new Tenn. Titians uniforms to go with them.
I agree. change to the throwbacks full time or go back to the previous uni's

Mr. Cynical
06-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Full time Tbacks. The TD era must DIE and so should those USFL/NFLE/CFL unis!

PUCKER
06-15-2006, 12:28 AM
I for one miss the Blue 90's unis.. I wouldn't mind seeing them again in a a game.

For the record i do buy the new style but loved the simplicity of the basic blue ones & the away white..

-It's the white one that kills me.. Why the gay-ass blue over the chest? Take that away & the fact that it's noticably heavier and i'm A-ok with it :up:

I miss the 90s too,but I like the away unis we currently have and I think they look better than our current home ones. :up: Id also take our current away unis over the 90s anyday.

Michael82
06-15-2006, 12:13 PM
no, I love the red helmets. They just gotta take out the old stripes on top of them tho. Bring back the 90's style helmets. :up:

Michael82
06-15-2006, 12:15 PM

I miss the blue 90s unis too. I'd love to see those come back. But the 90s away unis really sucked. :ill:

Michael82
06-15-2006, 12:15 PM
I miss the 90s too,but I like the away unis we currently have and I think they look better than our current home ones. :up: Id also take our current away unis over the 90s anyday.
Good post! :clap:

im4bflo
06-15-2006, 10:21 PM
I miss the blue 90s unis too. I'd love to see those come back. But the 90s away unis really sucked. :ill:
I like the extra blue in the 'aways' also, all that white in the past, was just bland.
What also made the old throwbacks look cool in the past, was that they were covered in mud! old school baby!!!

Marvelous
06-16-2006, 05:20 PM
I guess it's a matter of oppinion about the 90's white unis. I think they are beautiful. for lack of a better word. I know that's mainly because i like everything simple and plain.. Like hats, i hate hats that have designs & crap all over.. Just a all red or blue hat with a small Bills logo in the front...

Hey, atleast the 90's white wasn't super heavy like the current ones :snicker:

Mr. Pink
06-16-2006, 05:24 PM
I wanna see them go back to the white helmet and red buffalo, personally.

AFL days YaY!

Nighthawk
06-16-2006, 07:21 PM
If you look at the Bills site today, they have photos of McGee at his unveiling of his artwork and he has on the throwback jersey. So, it's pretty apparent that they still have plans to wear those this year. If they didn't, he would not be wearing it, he'd be wearing (and ultimately, promoting) the modern jersey. The Bills probably will wear them for a game or 2, although, I would be happy if they went to them full time.