PDA

View Full Version : Dinwiddie, Kingsbury Signings ?

Night Train
06-15-2006, 02:30 AM
Both guys racked up huge College stats and have the smarts. What they lack is a true NFL arm. Strictly 3rd stringer material.

Hmmm...Smarts and weak arm. Sounds like Holcomb lite ( without the big contract ) .

The argument for keeping Holcomb is the experience factor. The argument against is the Bills having to change their entire offense for a QB who stuggles to throw any pass beyond 15 yards. From what I'm observing, Fairchild likes to take his chances downfield. Holcomb takes away that option.

I noticed in Chris Browns blog, Nall is starting to click and is hitting his downfield throws, much like Losman has been all along. Holcomb can't throw those passes at all.

If the Bills were planning on keeping Losman, Nall and Holcomb, they wouldn't have bothered to sign these 2 QB's. Both these guys are cheaper versions of Holcomb, minus the experience. Marv gave Nall a decent contract with a signing bonus.

Maybe Holcomb is the odd man out after all. Those signings sure point to his roster spot. He's too expensive to carry as a 3rd stringer and these signings may indicate that's how Fairchild and Co. view him.

ublinkwescore
06-15-2006, 07:57 AM
DJ won't elaborate on Losman being his fav so far?...

ICE74129
06-15-2006, 08:31 AM
Train, It isn't uncommon to have between 4-5 QB's in camp. Too many overall reps in just route running, drills etc to wear out the 3 main guys.

This tells me our two that went to NFLE got jacked up and or we have no intrest in them.

I also feel this might be the death bell for Holcomb. if JP and Nall are up to speed they will keep those two.

bigbub2352
06-15-2006, 09:32 AM
I agree Ice, although i do believe that we were disappointed in Craig Ochs going down he was playing very well over there. This is an indication also that we might be keeping a QB on the PS we can keep 8 and maybe they do want to develop a number 3 for next year after Holcomb becomes a FA