PDA

View Full Version : The Long Ball

jmb1099
06-15-2006, 07:43 AM
The Bills web site reports that Fairchild had the QB's practicing the long ball yesterday. According to Brown's Blog that meant 60 yard passes for Nall and Losman, and 20 to 25 yard passes for Holcomb. He mentioned that Losman and Nall were throwing well and outplayed Holcomb in this drill.

Jauron mentioned that the Offense has been set up by fairchild for throwing downfield and that they would continue to develop that aspect as well as a solid running game because the weather demanded it. He also mentioned that he had a better picture of who the starting QB was going to be but he wasn' t going to share that at this time.

Now if Fairchild's offense features the long ball and one of the QB's can't throw more than 25 yards, who do you think the odd man out is already?

ublinkwescore
06-15-2006, 07:46 AM
Holcombe Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Earthquake Enyart
06-15-2006, 07:50 AM
NALL BALL BABY!!!

mybills
06-15-2006, 07:53 AM
:lolpoint: Patrick!

jmb1099
06-15-2006, 08:00 AM
NALL BALL BABY!!!
LOL!!!

HHURRICANE
06-15-2006, 08:50 AM
The Bills web site reports that Fairchild had the QB's practicing the long ball yesterday. According to Brown's Blog that meant 60 yard passes for Nall and Losman, and 20 to 25 yard passes for Holcomb. He mentioned that Losman and Nall were throwing well and outplayed Holcomb in this drill.

Obviously you are joking about the 20 to 25 yard passes?!

jmb1099
06-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Obviously you are joking about the 20 to 25 yard passes?!
no, read the blog by brown, I'm not making it up, sad or funny as it is, I'm not making it up.

jmb1099
06-15-2006, 09:13 AM
http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

jmb1099
06-15-2006, 09:14 AM
Steve Fairchild had the QBs airing it out down the field Wed. Nall and Losman outperformed Holcomb in that area. Holcomb didn't really try to throw it any more than 25 yards and that's was probably smart of him. He's not known for a rocket arm. Nall and Losman both fared pretty well with their deep ball accuracy.

jmb1099
06-15-2006, 09:17 AM
For those of you trying to attach significance to this it means that Nall and Losman are able to throw the ball more than twice the distance of Holcomb and in an offense that's designed for the long ball...well you can fill in the rest from here.

bigbub2352
06-15-2006, 09:47 AM
Holocomb is not suited for a wide open offense and that is why i am surprised anybody thinks he will emerge as the starter, he is better under center handing the ball of 40 times a game and making dink and dunk passes screens and slants in other words safe throws and try not to make mistakes, Jp an Nall will emerge after a week or two in training camp, Jp will take the ranes and be starter mark it down that is my perdicition

PcA125
06-15-2006, 09:49 AM
Holocomb is not suited for a wide open offense and that is why i am surprised anybody thinks he will emerge as the starter, he is better under center handing the ball of 40 times a game and making dink and dunk passes screens and slants in other words safe throws and try not to make mistakes, Jp an Nall will emerge after a week or two in training camp, Jp will take the ranes and be starter mark it down that is my perdicition

That says it all IMO.... I havnt seen/heard enough about Nall, but I think that it will be JP leading the team next year.

BillsFever21
06-15-2006, 09:51 AM
25 yards? That is freaking pathetic. What a loser.

HHURRICANE
06-15-2006, 09:53 AM
no, read the blog by brown, I'm not making it up, sad or funny as it is, I'm not making it up.

WOW!! I really don't know how we have Holcomb fans on this website. If that doesn't sum it up I don't know what does. He is a backup QB, PERIOD.

Mr. Miyagi
06-15-2006, 09:53 AM
25 yards? That is freaking pathetic. What a loser.
I'm pretty sure I can throw 25 yards, and I'm nowhere near a pro athlete.

Philagape
06-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Having a spaghetti arm you get you a ticket from the JPD.

HHURRICANE
06-15-2006, 09:55 AM
For those of you trying to attach significance to this it means that Nall and Losman are able to throw the ball more than twice the distance of Holcomb and in an offense that's designed for the long ball...well you can fill in the rest from here.:posrep:

Billsrock4life
06-15-2006, 11:13 AM

Jauron mentioned that the Offense has been set up by fairchild for throwing downfield and that they would continue to develop that aspect as well as a solid running game because the weather demanded it. He also mentioned that he had a better picture of who the starting QB was going to be but he wasn' t going to share that at this time.

Now if Fairchild's offense features the long ball and one of the QB's can't throw more than 25 yards, who do you think the odd man out is already?

Holcomb which leaves JP and Nall, Im thinkin JP is going to be at the helm next year

Michael82
06-15-2006, 12:30 PM
Hopefully this means that the competition is now between Losman and Nall with Losman in the lead. :pray:

ICE74129
06-15-2006, 01:05 PM
For those of you trying to attach significance to this it means that Nall and Losman are able to throw the ball more than twice the distance of Holcomb and in an offense that's designed for the long ball...well you can fill in the rest from here.

AND unlike Holcomb they are accurate with the longball.

TacklingDummy
06-15-2006, 01:14 PM
AND unlike Holcomb they are accurate with the longball.

Uh huh, JP was 7 of 26 with balls thrown over 30 yards. A 26% completion rate, Wow thats accurate.

Foot, meet mouth.

PS: KH was near 50% completion rate with balls thrown over 30 yards, who's accurate?

The last buffalo fan
06-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Uh huh, JP was 7 of 26 with balls thrown over 30 yards. A 26% completion rate, Wow thats accurate.

Foot, meet mouth.

PS: KH was near 50% completion rate with balls thrown over 30 yards, who's accurate?

You have to be honest with you, at least. Those ball thrown, that you are talking about, were thrown to a distance of about 10-20 yards, the rest was WR work.

jmb1099
06-15-2006, 05:22 PM

Foot, meet mouth.

Holcmb cant throw the ball more than 25 yards...last years stats are not in question here, nice attempt to spin though

ublinkwescore
06-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Holcombe Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I said Holcombe - I meant I'm glad it's looking more and more like he's the odd man out - Just felt the need to clarify that.