X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

The Kool-Aid is starting to kick in!

I've noticed a sudden change in opinion about the Bills here in the past 2 weeks!

I realize that it is undoubtably due to the sheer lack of football since February... but come on folks.. we didn't magically get better since February! We lost a lot of talent, and the little bit we replaced, was replaced by average players at best.

Go ahead and drink the kool-aid, but don't get pissed off when we go 4-12 this season!
  • footballhottie
    • Feb 2005

Re: The Kool-Aid is starting to kick in!

i still don't get what kool-aid is, but i'm using context clues and yeah pride is right.

The OG attention whore. 18 Billszone years strong

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride
      Go ahead and drink the kool-aid, but don't get pissed off when we go 4-12 this season!
      Then we'll be back to how we were last season. We can't lose.

Comment

• BigGabes23
        • Mar 2006

I hear what your saying, but what tallent did we lose?

Sam Adams.... Please
        Lawyer Milloy..... Are we really going to miss him? didn't seem him do anything special since his openeing game.
        Mike Williams...... barley on the field
        Eric Moulds...... Loved him, he's 33 and had 816 Yds and 4 TDs.
        Fatty Anderson..... good riddiance
        Teague........I liked him, but he is not even going to start for the Jets
        2 TE's..... did we even have TE's last year.

Personally, I am not broken up about losing any of them. I don't think we have anyware to go but up. I will not even speculate at all of their replacemnts here, just pointing out that we lost a whole bunch of nothing.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
          • Jul 2002

I am not a negative nancy like some people, so I think we will be mediocre this season.
          You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by footballhottie
            i still don't get what kool-aid is, but i'm using context clues and yeah pride is right.
            quick history lesson: About 30 years ago, there was a cult leader named Jim Jones who got all his followers to commit suicide by drining cyanide-laced Kool Aid.

The implication here is that the fans who think the team will do well are drinking the Kool-Aid poured by the Bills front office: they believe the team is good just because the leader says so and they're not thinking for themselves.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Pride
              • Jul 2002

Sam Adams, Eric Moulds, Trey Teague, and Milloy WILL be missed.

Sam Adams demanded a double team on most plays... who is going to double team any of our DT's now? That means that there is an extra OL protecting the QB. If we couldn't get to the QB last year... we sure as hell won't this year!

Eric Moulds... same thing can be said. He commanded respect on the field. His presence alone was good for drawing double teams half of the game. Now that is 1 extra DB playing zone to interfere with our young QB's development... or possibly another Safety coming off the blitz!

Teague was solid... good? hell no... but we all know that the kind of turnover we have on our line this year... it'll be game 8 before they begin to gel!

Milloy... If you think he didnt orchestrate the defensive backfield, you have never played defense! A smart safety (Mark Kelso) can make a very inexperienced secondary look better.

I am not saying that I am not happy these players are gone, and not saying that I am unhappy with who replaced them. But those of you who think our WR corp is awesome... or that our DL will be a force... you're nuts!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                I am not a negative nancy like some people, so I think we will be mediocre this season.
                why do you think that? what reason do you have to think this team will be better than last year?

We got younger, but lost a lot of vet experience, did not add significant talent, and are implementing new systems on both sides of the ball. That has "train wreck" written all over it.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Stewie
                  Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                  • Aug 2002

6-10
                  Originally posted by Topdog
                  Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                  Originally posted by mercyrule
                  I love Weiner.
                  Originally posted by mercyrule
                  also cheese

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

I've noticed a sudden change in opinion about the Bills here in the past 2 weeks!

I realize that it is undoubtably due to the sheer lack of football since February... but come on folks.. we didn't magically get better since February! We lost a lot of talent, and the little bit we replaced, was replaced by average players at best.

I'm sorry what real talent that can't be replaced by average journeymen did we lose? I don't remember losing anyone of any signifigance this offseason

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Sam Adams demanded a double team on most plays... who is going to double team any of our DT's now? That means that there is an extra OL protecting the QB. If we couldn't get to the QB last year... we sure as hell won't this year!

Eric Moulds... same thing can be said. He commanded respect on the field. His presence alone was good for drawing double teams half of the game. Now that is 1 extra DB playing zone to interfere with our young QB's development... or possibly another Safety coming off the blitz!

Teague was solid... good? hell no... but we all know that the kind of turnover we have on our line this year... it'll be game 8 before they begin to gel!

Milloy... If you think he didnt orchestrate the defensive backfield, you have never played defense! A smart safety (Mark Kelso) can make a very inexperienced secondary look better.

I am not saying that I am not happy these players are gone, and not saying that I am unhappy with who replaced them. But those of you who think our WR corp is awesome... or that our DL will be a force... you're nuts!
                      Man you are dreaming.

Comment

• BigGabes23
                        • Mar 2006

Dude.... we were 5-11 last year.

Adams and Milloy. Center of the D line and the D backfield. I think you saw the results.

teague... now a 6th or 7th linemen at best

Moulds. OK, but not setting the world on fire....he'll have 700 yds and 3 TDs this year. Not a playmaker anymore, nor too different then a guy you can get off the street.

That said, I am not too confident that this team is better then last year, but I am glad those people above are gone.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          I'm sorry what real talent that can't be replaced by average journeymen did we lose? I don't remember losing anyone of any signifigance this offseason
                          but we had glaring holes last year and didn't add anyone of significance to fill them.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feelthepain
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

You are right the talent loss will be felt, but I also think the Bills will show improvement based on your draft. I understand you reason to curb the enthusiasm. It easy to get ove confident with all the change and high hopes and you'd rather not read a 1000 hate posts when they don't live up to high expectations.

Still I think the Bills will get better the only question marks I have will be the Bills ability to move the ball. I don't think your Bills did enough to address the O. I also don't think they will get everything together on that side of the ball till later in the season. It always takes the O longer to mesh then the D. Juron is a D guy, I hope for the Bill fans sake the system in place meshes quickly because I could see JP looking for another job if it doesn't.

Comment

• John Doe
                              Florida Man
                              • Jul 2002

Adams and Milloy could not function in the new defensive system. That is why they were cut.

The influx of talent is far greater than the talent lost, considering the systems that the Bills will be using.

Comment

Working...
                              X