X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Kool-Aid, Schmool-Aid.

I’m changing the way I watch football. I’m going back to following it the way I followed it when I was a kid. I’m just go to watch to enjoy the football, root for my team and try to enjoy the experience.

I’m no longer going to fret about injuries, talent or lack-thereof, I’m not going to “worry” about playing a better team. I’m not going to become distressed because the coaches are starting the “wrong” guy. I’m not going to hate players because I don’t think they fit the style of the team. I’m not going to spend all week setting myself up for a loss because we’re playing a better team. I’m not going to pretend it’s a giant Madden game on Franchise mode and actually want the team to go on some silly 3 year rebuilding phase, so that “we’ll be so much better” in 3 years.

Not going to do it.

I’m not going to hang out on this site all week demanding certain guys get cut because they had a bad game.

It was so much more fun watching being a kid. I didn’t have to worry about “getting a guy for a good price” or cutting a great player in order to save salary cap space. The only thing I wanted to do was show up, have a great time and cheer for the Bills to win.

I know I’ll hear, “The game has changed!” Esp. after that last part, but I’m not going to change with it any more. I’m going to treat it as entertainment from now on.

I’m going back to it. If they lose, So what, I’ll survive. If they win, I’ll love it.

Go Bills.
    Resign our own guys!
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Kool-Aid, Schmool-Aid.

Like 1968, cheering for Marlin Briscoe and Mini Max Anderson.

Mini Max was awesome!

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Patrick, I fully agree with you!

It is a change of mindset.. from an NFL type of fan to a College Football type of fan.

It used to be that you could get attached to a team because of its players.. then the cap came into play, as did free agency.

Now it is almost like college... you need to love the team, not the players. There is as much turnover in the NFL as there is in college.

So, I agree with you... and have been trying to do the same thing! It's not an immediate change tho!

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

Mini Max was awesome!

I remember watching and listening back in 84 and 85. I loved it and we lost all the time. Greg Bell went something like 82 yards on the first play vs. Dallas and I loved it. When won that game something like 14-3 and it was one of the best days ever. And we won 2 games that year.
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
          Patrick, I fully agree with you!

It is a change of mindset.. from an NFL type of fan to a College Football type of fan.

It used to be that you could get attached to a team because of its players.. then the cap came into play, as did free agency.

Now it is almost like college... you need to love the team, not the players. There is as much turnover in the NFL as there is in college.

So, I agree with you... and have been trying to do the same thing! It's not an immediate change tho!

It's going to be tough. But I'm going to try. This place has made me so jaded. I'm ready to simplify things.
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
            I remember watching and listening back in 84 and 85. I loved it and we lost all the time. Greg Bell went something like 82 yards on the first play vs. Dallas and I loved it. When won that game something like 14-3 and it was one of the best days ever. And we won 2 games that year.
            1969 they got OJ. Won about 4 games , but one was a 37-34 (or so) against the Jets the same year as SB 3. My first game in the Rockpile.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

that's the way I watch it Pat. I enjoy watching the bills play but when they lose, I done cry or let it affect my mood.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                that's the way I watch it Pat. I enjoy watching the bills play but when they lose, I done cry or let it affect my mood.

Well, I'm not going to fret the stuff before the game either.
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                  • Jul 2002

1969 they got OJ. Won about 4 games , but one was a 37-34 (or so) against the Jets the same year as SB 3. My first game in the Rockpile.

and it was awesome. this year when we beat Cincy I was in such a good mood. Then I turn on the radio and log on here and all I hear is that we just ruined the draft.

Done with that crap.
                  Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Mini Max was awesome!

7/8 of the people on this board weren't yet born in 1968, including myself.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

I remember watching and listening back in 84 and 85. I loved it and we lost all the time.
                      I knew it, you love losing. Some of us dont' accept it.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

and it was awesome. this year when we beat Cincy I was in such a good mood. Then I turn on the radio and log on here and all I hear is that we just ruined the draft.

Done with that crap.
                        Namath would get the ball and they would roar up the field on our terrible defense, then we'd get the ball and OJ would bust one. Back and forth all game.

The old AFL was really barn burner football, and was fun to watch.

Comment

• KMA
                          Veteran Zoner
                          • Sep 2005

I’m changing the way I watch football. I’m going back to following it the way I followed it when I was a kid. ...
                          Uhhuh!

Comment

• KMA
                            Veteran Zoner
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

7/8 of the people on this board weren't yet born in 1968, including myself.
                            An eighth of me was born in 1963, the other 7/8 of me was born after 1968. You are correct.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                              • Jul 2002

I’m changing the way I watch football. I’m going back to following it the way I followed it when I was a kid. I’m just go to watch to enjoy the football, root for my team and try to enjoy the experience.

I’m no longer going to fret about injuries, talent or lack-thereof, I’m not going to “worry” about playing a better team. I’m not going to become distressed because the coaches are starting the “wrong” guy. I’m not going to hate players because I don’t think they fit the style of the team. I’m not going to spend all week setting myself up for a loss because we’re playing a better team. I’m not going to pretend it’s a giant Madden game on Franchise mode and actually want the team to go on some silly 3 year rebuilding phase, so that “we’ll be so much better” in 3 years.

Not going to do it.

I’m not going to hang out on this site all week demanding certain guys get cut because they had a bad game.

It was so much more fun watching being a kid. I didn’t have to worry about “getting a guy for a good price” or cutting a great player in order to save salary cap space. The only thing I wanted to do was show up, have a great time and cheer for the Bills to win.

I know I’ll hear, “The game has changed!” Esp. after that last part, but I’m not going to change with it any more. I’m going to treat it as entertainment from now on.

I’m going back to it. If they lose, So what, I’ll survive. If they win, I’ll love it.

Go Bills.
                              I picture with a vein ready to burst on your neck halfway through season.

Comment

Working...
                              X