X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Vincent being a big help

I was listening to WGR on the way into work this morning and Howard Simon was talking about yesterday's final mini-camp session. Being the last session before training camp, most of the players were only too happy to get out of there and get home for the next 6 weeks. There were obviously the standard interview sessions with the press of course after practice...first the players and then Jauron. You'd think that by the time Jauron was done talking to the press all the players would be gone, right?
    WRONG! It wasn't until after Jauron was done talking that 3 players wrapped up their individual work in practice...Troy Vincent was staying behind with Ko Simpson and Ashton Youboty to help them them out with the defensive schemes and what would be expected of them. He also spent some significant time with WR Roscoe Parrish.....working with him to show him what kind of stuff he was going to see in camp as far as coverages and how to deal with bump-and-run.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • MDFINFAN
    • Jun 2003

Re: Vincent being a big help

Originally posted by The_Philster
    I was listening to WGR on the way into work this morning and Howard Simon was talking about yesterday's final mini-camp session. Being the last session before training camp, most of the players were only too happy to get out of there and get home for the next 6 weeks. There were obviously the standard interview sessions with the press of course after practice...first the players and then Jauron. You'd think that by the time Jauron was done talking to the press all the players would be gone, right?
    WRONG! It wasn't until after Jauron was done talking that 3 players wrapped up their individual work in practice...Troy Vincent was staying behind with Ko Simpson and Ashton Youboty to help them them out with the defensive schemes and what would be expected of them. He also spent some significant time with WR Roscoe Parrish.....working with him to show him what kind of stuff he was going to see in camp as far as coverages and how to deal with bump-and-run.
    He's one of the class acts in the NFL..I hated when he left the phins, I thought he'd retire as one.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• evol4276
      • Oct 2005

definately a team player n a good guy.. prolly why i like him still

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
        • Aug 2005

Makes me feel very confident that our rookies will be well prepared for this season.
        SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

I think he'd make a great coach or personel guy but doesn't have enough left to be safety but maybe he will show more this year, maybe as much as two years ago.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
            Troy Vincent was staying behind with Ko Simpson and Ashton Youboty to help them them out with the defensive schemes and what would be expected of them. .
            "aight peeps, this is how you break a qb's leg at camp"
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              Sab and TD are insignificant
              • Sep 2002

don't say that.

That is terrible.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Vincent has a reputation for being one of the smarter guys in the NFL. His skills have declined with age, and the reason he's still here is to do exactly what he's doing. It's good that he's embraced the role and the Bills will benefit from it.

G. Host is right- he'll probably get a coaching gig in another year or two.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
                  He's one of the class acts in the NFL..I hated when he left the phins, I thought he'd retire as one.
                  You shouldn't hate.

Comment

• R. Rich
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Vincent has a reputation for being one of the smarter guys in the NFL. His skills have declined with age, and the reason he's still here is to do exactly what he's doing. It's good that he's embraced the role and the Bills will benefit from it.

G. Host is right- he'll probably get a coaching gig in another year or two.
                    Nah. He's the VP/GM of the New Orleans Saints and has led them to the NFC title game two years in a row.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by R. Rich
                      Nah. He's the VP/GM of the New Orleans Saints and has led them to the NFC title game two years in a row.
                      well if that's the case, then Vincent is the second coming of Jesus because the Son of God is the only one who could pull off that kind of miracle.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

vincent is displaying that veteran leadership that this team desperately needs.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• R. Rich
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                          What better reason to cut him?

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by G. Host
                            I think he'd make a great coach or personel guy but doesn't have enough left to be safety but maybe he will show more this year, maybe as much as two years ago.
                            Someone posted a link earlier this offseason saying the Bills had approached him to coach instead of play. That would be his best option at this point.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                              Too bad willis etal can't follow that example

Comment

Working...
                              X