PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be great...

ublinkwescore
06-15-2006, 09:23 PM
if Donte Whitner got Defensive Rookie of the Year.

I'd love to see Marv gloat if it happens... but we all know he won't.

SpillerThrills
06-15-2006, 09:24 PM
if Donte Whitner got Defensive Rookie of the Year.

I'd love to see Marv gloat if it happens... but we all know he won't.

Marv won't gloat because it's not gonna happen.... he's playing for BUFFALO. now I love the Bills just as much as everyone else here but as it is with every sport that we have a team in, we get no respect!

OpIv37
06-15-2006, 09:26 PM
yeah, a Buffalo player has to do significantly better than a player in another city to even be considered for the award.

But if John McCargo got Defensive ROY that would really vindicate Marv's draft.

Knowing our luck, one of them will get injured during camp (Losman, McGahee, Parrish, Everett- it's the curse of the Bills' draft picks).

ublinkwescore
06-15-2006, 10:46 PM
That would truely be sweeter to see McCargo get it (provided Whitner has an outstanding rookie season as well), but it's not gonna happen - that's why I went with Whitner - he plays a more glorious position.

ublinkwescore
06-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Marv won't gloat because it's not gonna happen.... he's playing for BUFFALO. now I love the Bills just as much as everyone else here but as it is with every sport that we have a team in, we get no respect!

He won't gloat because he's a humble and classy guy.

Anything can happen.

And as far as the respect thing goes - if Whitner did make D ROTY - that would be a big step back towards respecatbility.

SABURZFAN
06-16-2006, 02:56 AM
if John McCargo got Defensive ROY that would really vindicate Marv's draft.

if mccargo gets Defensive ROY,it'll make the critics look silly.

ublinkwescore
06-16-2006, 08:11 AM
If I were Marv, I'd make a comment to the media that goes something like "We'll start the @$$kissing with __________ (fill in the blank with whomever was his biggest critic over taking Whitner with #1).

ParanoidAndroid
06-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Whitner is going to be high on the player watch list this year due to the contoversy of the pick, and he is replacing an All Pro. He has as good of a shot as anyone for ROTY.

ublinkwescore
06-16-2006, 12:42 PM
thank you.

THATHURMANATOR
06-16-2006, 01:36 PM
He will be in the running most likely as I am sure he will be starting from the get go.