• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

McGahee isn’t sending the best vibes

It’s fairly important for the main offensive weapon to show he’s bought into the new administration and coaching staff. And you don’t do it by skipping workouts, OTAs and mini-camps.

McGahee has sent a lousy message to his teammates and they won’t soon forget it, no matter how much he means to the offense.

Pollock shows why some of the smaller papers have better writers than the Buffalo News/Rochester D&C
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: McGahee isn’t sending the best vibes

yep, I couldn't agree more.

I don't think vets need to be at every single OTA, but you need ot show your face to at least one of those sessions.

McGahee's action IMO clearly shout... I don't want to be a Bill

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Did Edge's actions of missing Colts' OTA's shout "I don't want to be a Colt?" If the guy came in out of shape and didn't study the playbook, yeah I'd be PO'd. But that wasn't the case.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
        Did Edge's actions of missing Colts' OTA's shout "I don't want to be a Colt?" If the guy came in out of shape and didn't study the playbook, yeah I'd be PO'd. But that wasn't the case.
        and where is Edge today ?

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
          And Before last season polian gave him permission to seek a trade and wanted just a 2nd rounder in return.

What does that say about what they thought of Edge?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I don't look for McGahee to be here beyond this season, particularly if he goes for a monster contract.

His actions have shown over and over again that he is not a motivated, high character guy. I think Marv will move him next year.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

What does the O stand for in OTA?

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Organized

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Oops. I thought it meant optional.

See me in July once training camp start. Pretty much everything that happens now is meaningless.

Comment

• R. Rich
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    I don't look for McGahee to be here beyond this season, particularly if he goes for a monster contract.

His actions have shown over and over again that he is not a motivated, high character guy. I think Marv will move him next year.
                    Maybe we'll draft a guy like RBs Adrian Peterson of Oklahoma or Michael Bush of Louisville w/ the high draft pick we're certain to have because we'll suck so badly this year?

Sorry; just trying to adopt the mob mentality that exists on the Bills boards of late.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by R. Rich
                      Maybe we'll draft a guy like RBs Adrian Peterson of Oklahoma or Michael Bush of Louisville w/ the high draft pick we're certain to have because we'll suck so badly this year?

Sorry; just trying to adopt the mob mentality that exists on the Bills boards of late.
                      No. We're taking Brady Quinn #1.

Comment

• eyedog
                        • Jul 2002

R. Rich, how are the sheep at TBD ? They still telling everyone how good Mike
                        Williams is. LOL.

As for Willis. I like him as a player. I think he is going to have a big year and with that will want the big contract next season. I also don't think he will be getting it in Buffalo.
                        Doesn't matter. Running backs are replaceable. Unless you have an LT type back you can't break the bank for him.

Comment

• R. Rich
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                          No. We're taking Brady Quinn #1.
                          I stand corrected.

How long do we wait until we start posting the threads about tanking games so that we're sure to get Quinn?

Comment

• R. Rich
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by eyedog
                            R. Rich, how are the sheep at TBD ? They still telling everyone how good Mike
                            Williams is. LOL.
                            They're making about as much sense as the Zoners are now.

Originally posted by eyedog
                            As for Willis. I like him as a player. I think he is going to have a big year and with that will want the big contract next season. I also don't think he will be getting it in Buffalo.
                            Doesn't matter. Running backs are replaceable. Unless you have an LT type back you can't break the bank for him.
                            Willis certainly isn't endearing himself to the Bills fans w/ his underwhelming show of support for the new coaching staff. If he has the "contract year" mentality, it could backfire on him, especially if he doesn't show the heart and passion he showed a couple seasons ago. Start making people miss or making people pay, Willis. Now.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                              And Before last season polian gave him permission to seek a trade and wanted just a 2nd rounder in return.

What does that say about what they thought of Edge?
                              It's hard to get a first rounder for anyone - I'm really surprised TD pulled it off with Peerless.

I could only think of a few players off the top of my head that I'd trade a 1st round draft pick for - Manning would be one of them (if we had the line to protect him - this is all hypothetical).

If Edge was traded for a 2nd rounder, that was a fair trade in my opinion.
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                              X