PDA

View Full Version : McGahee isn’t sending the best vibes

G. Host
06-15-2006, 10:34 PM
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16796616&BRD=2725&PAG=461&dept_id=562745&rfi=6
It’s fairly important for the main offensive weapon to show he’s bought into the new administration and coaching staff. And you don’t do it by skipping workouts, OTAs and mini-camps.

McGahee has sent a lousy message to his teammates and they won’t soon forget it, no matter how much he means to the offense.

Pollock shows why some of the smaller papers have better writers than the Buffalo News/Rochester D&C

ddaryl
06-16-2006, 02:28 AM
yep, I couldn't agree more.

I don't think vets need to be at every single OTA, but you need ot show your face to at least one of those sessions.

McGahee's action IMO clearly shout... I don't want to be a Bill

Goobylal
06-16-2006, 06:31 AM
Did Edge's actions of missing Colts' OTA's shout "I don't want to be a Colt?" If the guy came in out of shape and didn't study the playbook, yeah I'd be PO'd. But that wasn't the case.

ddaryl
06-16-2006, 06:34 AM
Did Edge's actions of missing Colts' OTA's shout "I don't want to be a Colt?" If the guy came in out of shape and didn't study the playbook, yeah I'd be PO'd. But that wasn't the case.

and where is Edge today ?

ICE74129
06-16-2006, 06:41 AM

And Before last season polian gave him permission to seek a trade and wanted just a 2nd rounder in return.

What does that say about what they thought of Edge?

Jan Reimers
06-16-2006, 06:44 AM
I don't look for McGahee to be here beyond this season, particularly if he goes for a monster contract.

His actions have shown over and over again that he is not a motivated, high character guy. I think Marv will move him next year.

Earthquake Enyart
06-16-2006, 06:55 AM
What does the O stand for in OTA?

Dozerdog
06-16-2006, 07:02 AM
Organized

Earthquake Enyart
06-16-2006, 07:12 AM
Oops. I thought it meant optional.

See me in July once training camp start. Pretty much everything that happens now is meaningless.

R. Rich
06-16-2006, 07:35 AM
I don't look for McGahee to be here beyond this season, particularly if he goes for a monster contract.

His actions have shown over and over again that he is not a motivated, high character guy. I think Marv will move him next year.

Maybe we'll draft a guy like RBs Adrian Peterson of Oklahoma or Michael Bush of Louisville w/ the high draft pick we're certain to have because we'll suck so badly this year?

Sorry; just trying to adopt the mob mentality that exists on the Bills boards of late.

Earthquake Enyart
06-16-2006, 07:38 AM
Maybe we'll draft a guy like RBs Adrian Peterson of Oklahoma or Michael Bush of Louisville w/ the high draft pick we're certain to have because we'll suck so badly this year?

Sorry; just trying to adopt the mob mentality that exists on the Bills boards of late.
No. We're taking Brady Quinn #1. :mad:

eyedog
06-16-2006, 07:43 AM
R. Rich, how are the sheep at TBD ? They still telling everyone how good Mike
Williams is. LOL.

As for Willis. I like him as a player. I think he is going to have a big year and with that will want the big contract next season. I also don't think he will be getting it in Buffalo.
Doesn't matter. Running backs are replaceable. Unless you have an LT type back you can't break the bank for him.

R. Rich
06-16-2006, 08:21 AM
No. We're taking Brady Quinn #1. :mad:

I stand corrected.

How long do we wait until we start posting the threads about tanking games so that we're sure to get Quinn?

R. Rich
06-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Williams is. LOL.

They're making about as much sense as the Zoners are now.

As for Willis. I like him as a player. I think he is going to have a big year and with that will want the big contract next season. I also don't think he will be getting it in Buffalo.
Doesn't matter. Running backs are replaceable. Unless you have an LT type back you can't break the bank for him.

Willis certainly isn't endearing himself to the Bills fans w/ his underwhelming show of support for the new coaching staff. If he has the "contract year" mentality, it could backfire on him, especially if he doesn't show the heart and passion he showed a couple seasons ago. Start making people miss or making people pay, Willis. Now.

ublinkwescore
06-16-2006, 08:25 AM
And Before last season polian gave him permission to seek a trade and wanted just a 2nd rounder in return.

What does that say about what they thought of Edge?

It's hard to get a first rounder for anyone - I'm really surprised TD pulled it off with Peerless.

I could only think of a few players off the top of my head that I'd trade a 1st round draft pick for - Manning would be one of them (if we had the line to protect him - this is all hypothetical).

If Edge was traded for a 2nd rounder, that was a fair trade in my opinion.

mybills
06-16-2006, 08:26 AM
All of his vibes were down in Jamaica when he was partying with mush69!
:chuckle:

ublinkwescore
06-16-2006, 08:27 AM

I'm not a negative Nancy, Rich.

ublinkwescore
06-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Williams is. LOL.

What if he has an LT type year?

ICE74129
06-16-2006, 08:34 AM
Oops. I thought it meant optional.

See me in July once training camp start. Pretty much everything that happens now is meaningless.

WRONG! From Feb1 till now is when you make the team. Its the offseason work, not 4-5 weeks of camp.

R. Rich
06-16-2006, 08:35 AM
WRONG! From Feb1 till now is when you make the team. Its the offseason work, not 4-5 weeks of camp.

You tell 'em, coach.

ICE74129
06-16-2006, 08:36 AM

Shoot, No way in hell we get AD from Oklahoma...the Bills aren't that lucky. Whomever gets him, gets the next great back. And a high class, hard working guy.

But there is another issue. He has said he wants to do like leinart and enjoy his full 4 years at OU. He only gets one shot at college life and wants to live it. That said, OU is now favored to win the national title, Peterson the Heisman. That combo could sure sway AD regardless of his intentions.

ICE74129
06-16-2006, 08:38 AM
You tell 'em, coach.
hey my son is doing it daily and he is just a freshman in HS. Pretty sad a 14 year old gets it and most here don't.

R. Rich
06-16-2006, 09:01 AM
Shoot, No way in hell we get AD from Oklahoma...the Bills aren't that lucky. Whomever gets him, gets the next great back. And a high class, hard working guy.

But there is another issue. He has said he wants to do like leinart and enjoy his full 4 years at OU. He only gets one shot at college life and wants to live it. That said, OU is now favored to win the national title, Peterson the Heisman. That combo could sure sway AD regardless of his intentions.

Not that I'd want this team to draft another RB (OL), but AD is good. He had an off year, but there were plenty of factors for that. I think he'll come back strong this year, though I don't think they win it all. I'd say Michigan will win the title this year, but there's a certain matter of payback they'll have to deal w/ in Happy Valley this October.

ParanoidAndroid
06-16-2006, 09:13 AM
I just think Buffalo is not glamourous enough for McGahee's ego. He wants flash without exactly showing it on the field. Then again, maybe he is just being misunderstood. I say let him play this year and we'll see what happens next offseason. He should keep in mind that Barry Sanders became perhaps the best RB in the history of the game on some of the worst teams in Detroit and never opened his mouth to proclaim himself the best.

ICE74129
06-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Not that I'd want this team to draft another RB (OL), but AD is good. He had an off year, but there were plenty of factors for that. I think he'll come back strong this year, though I don't think they win it all. I'd say Michigan will win the title this year, but there's a certain matter of payback they'll have to deal w/ in Happy Valley this October.

Lindys actually nailed it. 4 games without peterson and he was injured the rest of the time. We started a total of 17 freshmen/Redshirt freshmen last year including our QB. There is no one in the big 12 to oppose us.

It will be OU vs ND or OSU (Ohio St.)

Jan Reimers
06-16-2006, 09:18 AM
I think the OTAs are as much about team spirit, comraderie, and chemistry as they are about conditioning and Xs and Os. Willis just doesn't seem that interested in hanging with his Bills' teammates and building that team thing. He just doesn't seem like the same kind of player that helped Marv to 4 SBs.

R. Rich
06-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Lindys actually nailed it. 4 games without peterson and he was injured the rest of the time. We started a total of 17 freshmen/Redshirt freshmen last year including our QB. There is no one in the big 12 to oppose us.

It will be OU vs ND or OSU (Ohio St.)

Heck, there's no one in the Big 12 to oppose me, let along OU! That conference reeks.

R. Rich
06-16-2006, 09:20 AM
I think the OTAs are as much about team spirit, comraderie, and chemistry as they are about conditioning and Xs and Os. Willis just doesn't seem that interested in hanging with his Bills' teammates and building that team thing. He just doesn't seem like the same kind of player that helped Marv to 4 SBs.

Well, after all, "it's all about (the) U."

eyedog
06-16-2006, 09:55 AM
What if he has an LT type year?

That would mean 1,800+ rushing yards, 15+ td's, and 30+ receptions.
If that happens then they would have to franchise him and talk.

THATHURMANATOR
06-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Buffalo news stinks we all know this!

ICE74129
06-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Heck, there's no one in the Big 12 to oppose me, let along OU! That conference reeks.

OU IMHO could play in other confrences and do well. Most teams in the SEC Etc dont' go undefeated so OU dropping a game or so would put them on par.

OU fans can't wait for October hehehe....Defending national champs huh? More like the 5-0 streak starts over!

gr8slayer
06-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Who the flock cares, the guy was here when he was told he NEEDED to be here. That's all that matters.

HAMMER
06-16-2006, 11:46 AM
That would mean 1,800+ rushing yards, 15+ td's, and 30+ receptions.
If that happens then they would have to franchise him and talk.

Willis is signed through 07', no need to franchise him. If I am Marv I wait and see what he brings throught the first half of the season. If he plays well then give him a deal that is palatable for both parties. If he looks like crap then we work a trade before 07.

Earthquake Enyart
06-16-2006, 11:47 AM
I stand corrected.

How long do we wait until we start posting the threads about tanking games so that we're sure to get Quinn?
Week 2.

Michael82
06-16-2006, 12:21 PM
in case you didn't remember...he was there for the first week of Offseason workouts. :doh:

Mr. Pink
06-16-2006, 05:22 PM

So then London Fletcher, Nate Clements, Willis, etc should all be cut now then, huh?

Some of your posts never cease to amaze me, keep it up!

BTW with your logic the Cardinals better just cut Edge tomorrow! Clinton Portis, see ya!

patmoran2006
06-17-2006, 08:22 AM
FTY..
His posts provide you PLENTY of "Fun Times" huh?? YaY!

Say goodnite to Ed Reed and Deon Branch then as well.

G. Host
06-17-2006, 12:06 PM
in case you didn't remember...he was there for the first week of Offseason workouts. :doh:

Do you mean in March? I believe that was a mandatory session. Bills are allowed a number of mandatory sessions, two more I believe because they have a new head coach.

Allen Wilson of Buffalo News mentions it in column syndicated by Sporting News
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=100776
RB Willis McGahee was noticeably lighter and leaner when he showed up for the team's mandatory minicamp last week. It was his first appearance in town since early March.