PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical question: Eric Moulds

Bling
06-16-2006, 12:33 AM
If he tears up the NFL with a 1000 yard season with 6-8 TD's, are you pissed you traded him? If not, what would it take you to get pissed you traded him?

LtFinFan66
06-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Personally I would emit a slight chuckle :idunno:

ddaryl
06-16-2006, 02:23 AM
He's older, and getting slower. He's still a good WR but its not worth over paying to keep him. We need to develope a new future core of WR, and its time for Lee to step up.

Nothing will make me upset about Moulds being gone. It was time to move on for both the Bills and Eric.

SABURZFAN
06-16-2006, 02:48 AM
i wouldn't be pissed.those numbers aren't worth paying what he was due to make.

The_Philster
06-16-2006, 04:50 AM
I wasn't happy we lost him as it is

Goobylal
06-16-2006, 06:29 AM
I'll bet whatever small amount of zonebucks I have that Moulds will NOT get over 1,000 yards OR even 7 (the average of 6-8) TD's. Anyone game?

jmb1099
06-16-2006, 06:32 AM
Its just football, players come, players go. I don't wish him any harm.

SquishDaFish
06-16-2006, 06:37 AM
I loved Moulds while he was here and I wish him the best. But he had to get off this team. It was his time to go.

Stewie
06-16-2006, 08:03 AM
His salary meant anything under 1400 yards and 12 touchdowns would be unacceptable... good riddance... he can start making babies in texas.

justasportsfan
06-16-2006, 08:08 AM
It would be a different story if he wanted to be here. He didn't. Adios. I hope he doesn't even get metioned into the bills' WOF.

ublinkwescore
06-16-2006, 08:08 AM
the only thing that upsets me is that his was the only jersey I own... besides the RJ one which I think I've misplaced... after I wrote in Sharpie on the back the letters B-L-E-D-S-O-E.

ublinkwescore
06-16-2006, 08:09 AM
His salary meant anything under 1400 yards and 12 touchdowns would be unacceptable... good riddance... he can start making babies in texas.

You mean Bastards.

OpIv37
06-16-2006, 08:13 AM
He's older, and getting slower. He's still a good WR but its not worth over paying to keep him. We need to develope a new future core of WR, and its time for Lee to step up.

Nothing will make me upset about Moulds being gone. It was time to move on for both the Bills and Eric.

i wouldn't be pissed.those numbers aren't worth paying what he was due to make.

These guys pretty much said it- he would have counted something like 11 million against the cap and his numbers over the past few seasons didn't justify it at all.

I wasn't happy we lost him as it is
Why? We can get someone to put up his numbers for significantly less money. He wasn't a leader- in fact, he was disruptive to team chemistry, and he didn't want to be here. What exactly did we have to gain by paying him $1.3 million per touchdown? He hadn't had a good season in 3 years and still expected to get paid like he's Marvin Harrison- f that.

Night Train
06-16-2006, 08:18 AM
What if Bennie Anderson and Trey Teague became All-Pros ?

What if Marv became the new world record holder at 100 Meters ?

WHAT.....IF......

OpIv37
06-16-2006, 08:19 AM
What if Bennie Anderson and Trey Teague became All-Pros ?

What if Marv became the new world record holder at 100 Meters ?

WHAT.....IF......

exactly- these guys weren't doing **** for us. If they go and get their act together for some other team, good for them and their careers. But they still weren't helping the Bills any and it's addition by subtraction.

TigerJ
06-16-2006, 09:29 AM
What's done is done. Whether I like a move or not, I try to put it behind me and go on from there. If Moulds gets 1000 yards or more next season, more power to him. He looks like he's past his peak though, and it was hard to justify the amount of money the Bills would have had to pay him. I would love to have kept him at a reduced rate, but he was not going to accept that. It looked like his days as a "team player" for the Bills were also behind him.

Jan Reimers
06-16-2006, 09:49 AM
Moulds was a fine player for the Bills for many seasons, but based on his attitude last year, his declining production, his age, and his desire to be paid far more than he was worth, we were wise to trade him.

I wish him well.

ICE74129
06-16-2006, 09:52 AM
If he tears up the NFL with a 1000 yard season with 6-8 TD's, are you pissed you traded him? If not, what would it take you to get pissed you traded him?

No. His attitude sucked, he lead the revolt in the locker room to get JP benched which = selling out a fellow team mate.

He is a #2 WR in this league.

And he wont' have those numbers

Gunzlingr
06-16-2006, 09:55 AM
I won't be pissed. He didn't want to be here, and we didn't want to pay him top dollar for aging talent. Good luck to him, but no way he gets those numbers.

Philagape
06-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Who says 1,000 yards and 6-8 TDs is tearing up the league? I'd define that as at least 1,400 and 10+ TDs.

THATHURMANATOR
06-16-2006, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't care either way. It was time for him to go. I wish him well.

BillsFever21
06-17-2006, 09:46 AM
People who understand this game is a business doesn't phase them if a player moves on was fine with this move.

People who get wrapped up in the whole thing and develop a special attraction to the player and doesn't wanna see him leave no matter how beneficial it is to the long term success of the team can't handle seeing him leave.

They will still think of that player for what he used to do instead of what he is capable of doing now. They live off their past performances instead of his current and future performances.

These players don't care about or miss the fans when they leave. You shouldn't develop a love for a player like that. They are on borrowed time with sports being a business.

I'm devoted to the Bills and not the players. I root for and like them when they are Bills but when their time is up I don't shed a tear.

Devin
06-17-2006, 10:54 AM

I was sad to see him go regardless. But its more of a question of economics, no matter how good he is/was/will be he was expensive and didnt wish to restructure.

Realistically there wasnt much we could do.

MVP
06-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Not with Carr

Bling
06-17-2006, 01:08 PM
I agree with everything being said, and I think he should've restructed. I hated losing Surtain, but we had to. Our team suffered for it, but now we're a better team because of the cap he released. Buffalo should use that money they saved from Moulds on getting a player next year.

FlyingDutchman
06-17-2006, 07:36 PM
It would be a different story if he wanted to be here. He didn't. Adios. I hope he doesn't even get metioned into the bills' WOF.

As a receiver would you like to be on a team who had a different coach or QB every three years? I agree his attitude got crappy, but I cant say I blame him. He had to be frustrated as hell.

Nighthawk
06-17-2006, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't be pissed at all. I liked Moulds while he was here, but there is no way he was worth the money he was asking for. We had to get rid of him because the money we saved on him can be used in other places. Do I know who that player may be, no, but it could be one of the guys we picked up in FA or it could be a guy we get next year.

BADTHINGSMAN
06-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Everyone knows he has slowed down a touch, but is still capable of breaking away for huge play.. Moulds wasnt comfortable with Losman at QB and dumping a young QB for a player that has lost a step makes no scence at all..

If Moulds gets 1000 yards and 6+ TD's great for him.. Gotta part ways with so called stars sooner or later, in tis case it was good timing.. Young team with a mouthy vet isnt a good fit..