PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carrucci Interesting comments from Willis to JP....

bigbub2352
06-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Vic on 103.3 the Edge this morning went into a big speal about Big Ben in Pitt, saying that he should recover from his injuries physically but that he will lose alot of weight from having his jaw wired shut, he said it will take at least 6 months to get his body back in shape and he doubts he will be ready for season opener even though they are saying he will be ready for camp.also said he has two titanium plates in his face now as well.

Also commented on cutting Bennie Anderson saying this is another tie from the TD era gone, said he was a flop never in good shape and said that Tutan Reyes is a major upgrade from Bennie, and that Duke Preston is pushing real hard, said that Miami signing him was not a surprise
Willis is definelty having conversation about his contract with management, he said Drew is starting to push the issue behind the scenes
Talking about QB situation, Holocomb is only listed at top of depth chart because he ended last year there, he said from what he has seen JP is definetly front runner and Craig Nall has been a disappointment so far, called Kingsbury an arm for training camp, Vic thinks it is still wide open but thinks it will be JP and then said that is not saying much, Man he hates JP
Commented about JP buying house said that he made a great move in winning over the community and thinks that he has to be more consistent
and that he knows that JP has worked his but off to improve and also thinks that the community wants to embrace JP as the starter
Until next week...

ublinkwescore
06-16-2006, 08:16 AM
screw him if he hates JP.

JP will be our franchise QB, and that will be a big cog for us.

ublinkwescore
06-16-2006, 08:18 AM
As far as Willis goes, I'd just tell Rosen@$$ - you pull the same $#!t that you pulled with T.O. - the instant Willis becomes a distraction, we're suspending him for the season and he's gonna lose out on a great deal of money, and his value will decline.

jmb1099
06-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Vic on 103.3 the Edge this morning went into a big speal about Big Ben in Pitt, saying that he should recover from his injuries physically but that he will lose alot of weight from having his jaw wired shut, he said it will take at least 6 months to get his body back in shape and he doubts he will be ready for season opener even though they are saying he will be ready for camp.also said he has two titanium plates in his face now as well.

Also commented on cutting Bennie Anderson saying this is another tie from the TD era gone, said he was a flop never in good shape and said that Tutan Reyes is a major upgrade from Bennie, and that Duke Preston is pushing real hard, said that Miami signing him was not a surprise
Willis is definelty having conversation about his contract with management, he said Drew is starting to push the issue behind the scenes
Talking about QB situation, Holocomb is only listed at top of depth chart because he ended last year there, he said from what he has seen JP is definetly front runner and Craig Nall has been a disappointment so far, called Kingsbury an arm for training camp, Vic thinks it is still wide open but thinks it will be JP and then said that is not saying much, Man he hates JP
Commented about JP buying house said that he made a great move in winning over the community and thinks that he has to be more consistent
and that he knows that JP has worked his but off to improve and also thinks that the community wants to embrace JP as the starter
Until next week...
:posrep:

Mr. Miyagi
06-16-2006, 08:30 AM
saying that he should recover from his injuries physically but that he will lose alot of weight from having his jaw wired shut...
Big Ben's jaw is not wired shut. He had titanium plates on his jaw and is now eating soft foods....doesn't anyone listen to NFL Radio???

ICE74129
06-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Further proof Vic is a FOOL! I said this last week on his comments about Polian having Whitner rated #1 on his board.

Guess what? HE IS WRONG AGAIN! Rothlesburger doesn't have his jaw wired shut. Jesus turn on NFLN and watch his doctors specifically address this issue Vic you moron!

And I agree vic just seems to have the same Man hate for JP that TDummy here does. Hummmm...

I find it interesting that he says JP is 'definetly front runner'. We will see come camp. I sure as hell pray he is.

ICE74129
06-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Big Ben's jaw is not wired shut. He had titanium plates on his jaw and is now eating soft foods....doesn't anyone listen to NFL Radio???

Yeah he can't get that info right, but he KNOWS Bill Polian had Whitner rated #1 on his board....right...

ghz in pittsburgh
06-16-2006, 08:35 AM
-->Vic on 103.3 the Edge this morning went into a big speal about Big Ben in Pitt, saying that he should recover from his injuries physically but that he will lose alot of weight from having his jaw wired shut, he said it will take at least 6 months to get his body back in shape and he doubts he will be ready for season opener even though they are saying he will be ready for camp.also said he has two titanium plates in his face now as well. <--

Ben's able to eat soft food and his mouth is not wired shut. There is obvious condition issues, but I suspect mental issue could be a bigger one. Anyone experience such a trauma will have a different perspective of everything. Football is a violent sport and Big ben has felt invincible before. Will he react a bit differently? We'll see.

EricStratton
06-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Can someone show me the hate for JP in that first thread?

As far as ben goes, unless he's some kind of freak he will have issues coming back from the jaw break, at least for a while.

Not that they were the same talent wise but Kerry Collins got real skittish in the pocket after he got his jaw broken. The first time Ben gets popped in the chinstrap he may do the same thing.

TigerJ
06-16-2006, 09:22 AM
His comments about JP did bother me that much. I didn't take it as refering what he's done in OTAs and minicamp. To me it just means he hasn't shown he can do it on the field in regular season. That's obvious. Whatever JP does in the regular season he will have to prove to a lot of people that he can be the man. I'm not a Holcomb or Nall fan either. I want JP to succeed as much as I want anything from the Bills right now, but based on what we've seen thus far, we can't assume much of anything about JP's future success.

Jan Reimers
06-16-2006, 09:39 AM
I've always liked Carucci and respect his opinions more than most of the pundits out there. That's why it bothers me if he really doesn't care for Losman. I think JP is our best chance by far at the moment, and I wonder if Carucci really knows something (attitude, intelligence, etc.) that the rest of us don't.

Or if he just reads TacklingDummy's posts.

ICE74129
06-16-2006, 10:38 AM
I've always liked Carucci and respect his opinions more than most of the pundits out there. That's why it bothers me if he really doesn't care for Losman. I think JP is our best chance by far at the moment, and I wonder if Carucci really knows something (attitude, intelligence, etc.) that the rest of us don't.

Or if he just reads TacklingDummy's posts.

I think he is TDummy. Both claim facts and are always disproven.

bigbub2352
06-16-2006, 10:41 AM
As far back as when we drafted JP, Vic has bad mouthed him i truly believe he doesnt like him, because i have started threads before stating this and he is constant with comments like that is not saying much, and i dont know if, when refering to JP, when i put that in this thread it was because of the tone he uses when talking about him, as well as how he seems like he doesnt want to talk about him or what he needs to improve, Anyway he is well respected around the league and that is why i stay tuned

ibatiger
06-16-2006, 10:49 AM

Until next week...

Let's see. The guy is on the radio and makes comments about how players are doing, etc. Then why doesn't he try going out to practice, or at least keeping up with the reports on practice. If he did either there is no way he would comment that Nall has been a disappointment. He's a day late and a dollar short on his information, so I wouldn't worry too much about his opinion on Big Ben or anybody else.

feelthepain
06-16-2006, 11:06 AM
I think Vic is an AFC east fan.

bigbub2352
06-16-2006, 11:21 AM
That is another thing i stated in my thread that Vic has no interest in the Bills and is no a NFL.com/NFL network guy, he is usually ver opinionated about the Bills and now always talks negatively

G. Host
06-16-2006, 11:25 AM
As far as Willis goes, I'd just tell Rosen@$$ - you pull the same $#!t that you pulled with T.O. - the instant Willis becomes a distraction, we're suspending him for the season and he's gonna lose out on a great deal of money, and his value will decline.

NFLPA is making those kind of suspensions illegal and that dumb contract rammed thru owners is enforcing some of those rule changes.

Mr. Cynical
06-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Willis will not be on the Bills roster next year. You heard it here first folks. :up:

ICE74129
06-16-2006, 11:44 AM
That is another thing i stated in my thread that Vic has no interest in the Bills and is no a NFL.com/NFL network guy, he is usually ver opinionated about the Bills and now always talks negatively

Fine, dont play him. If he is a distraction, being an ass etc IE conduct detremental to the team, Don't play him. He misses incentives etc.

TigerJ
06-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Willis will not be on the Bills roster next year. You heard it here first folks. :up:

You mean 2007, right? That would not surprise me in the least. In fact I was kind of expecting that long before you said it.

ICE74129
06-16-2006, 12:22 PM

He is a aclown. Ever since he joined the NFL he has ripped the Bills. I am tired of his crap.

bigbub2352
06-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Willis if he has a phenominal year will demand way more money than if we give him a contrat now, he is only 24, has all the attributes you want in a RB and will do what it takes to win, i would not want to see him on another roster next year but if he dont want to play here that is a whole nother story

ICE74129
06-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Willis if he has a phenominal year will demand way more money than if we give him a contrat now, he is only 24, has all the attributes you want in a RB and will do what it takes to win, i would not want to see him on another roster next year but if he dont want to play here that is a whole nother story

I have to disagree. You say 'He has all the attributes you want in a RB and will do what it takes to win'

he is 180 degrees opposite of that. He is a ME person. He doesnt' give a damn about winning unless it means more money in his pocket.

Kerr
06-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Let's see. The guy is on the radio and makes comments about how players are doing, etc. Then why doesn't he try going out to practice, or at least keeping up with the reports on practice. If he did either there is no way he would comment that Nall has been a disappointment. He's a day late and a dollar short on his information, so I wouldn't worry too much about his opinion on Big Ben or anybody else.

nall sucks.

Kerr
06-16-2006, 04:38 PM
I don't know what buying a house in a town has anything to do with anything. That's the most ******ed reason to not like a player.

ibatiger
06-16-2006, 04:39 PM
nall sucks.

Well, then that's pretty bad news for Losman and Holcomb because Nall outplayed them the last three days. It must suck to suck.

Kerr
06-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Well, then that's pretty bad news for Losman and Holcomb because Nall outplayed them the last three days. It must suck to suck.

outplayed losman? did your buddy nall tell you that?

ICE74129
06-16-2006, 04:52 PM

And that is total crap.

patmoran2006
06-16-2006, 05:12 PM

I usually enjoy your posts but your way off base on this one.. Carucci is regarded as one of the Bills biggest "marks" among the national media.

He's speaking the truth.. saying JP is the starter is not saying much, until he proves otherwise on the field. It's as simple as that.

Mr. Pink
06-16-2006, 05:25 PM
I recently had a chat with Skoobs' wealthy pal...he told me that Kliff Kingsbury has now gained the inside track to being the starting QB this year!

:rofl:

YardRat
06-16-2006, 05:57 PM
I like Carrucci...his comments usually (not always) are pretty close to the truth.

bigbub2352
06-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Pat I agree that Vic was one of our biggest supporters, but i think that in the last couple of years big corporate got a hold of him and told him we are small market not to stick up for us anymore it is not profitable j/j but seriously i read and listen to Vic on the radio and at NFL.com and it seems in my opinion that he has a very negative tone towards alot of the things we are tryong to do, Part might be frustration because he have sucked for the better part of the decade but still he made his career covering this team and show some respect, Otherwise he is extremely knowledgeable hence why i still follow his career as a journalist,

ICE i think what i ment more than anything is playing at Miami it is bread into them to Win, and even though he is a me guy, there are not to many team guys left unfortunatly and i am sure in the future we will deal with his type of mentality more and more

ublinkwescore
06-18-2006, 01:22 AM
NFLPA is making those kind of suspensions illegal and that dumb contract rammed thru owners is enforcing some of those rule changes.

Even when it's becoming a detriment to the team?

ublinkwescore
06-18-2006, 01:25 AM
They can't stop us from benching his @$$.

ddaryl
06-18-2006, 02:21 AM
I don't know what buying a house in a town has anything to do with anything. That's the most ******ed reason to not like a player.

c'mon you can't figure this out on your own.

it doesn't have anything to do with not liking a player. People don't get all bent out of shape about the Bills that don't live here.

People do enjoy when a player moves into town. It makes us feel like this player likes it here and is willing to be more then just another player.

Jim Kelly moved here and stayed, people think pretty highly of Jimbo. he earned the respect of Buffalonians by being here and being involved. That's what people like, especially in Buffalo where egos are easily bruised do to the constant Buffal bashing that revolves around the city

ddaryl
06-18-2006, 02:26 AM
He's speaking the truth.. saying JP is the starter is not saying much, until he proves otherwise on the field. It's as simple as that.

i agree, Vic is just stating what we all fear, not having a true bonafide starting QB. JP might be winning the camp battle, but what does that really mean.

Does it mean JP is looking awesome, or does it mean the other 2 QB's can't do enough correct to unseat him.

I pulling for JP, but I'm not overly cofident he's going to get it to click. That being said, we still need ot invest an entire season into him and find out if he does or does not have it.

Kerr
06-20-2006, 03:49 PM
c'mon you can't figure this out on your own.

it doesn't have anything to do with not liking a player. People don't get all bent out of shape about the Bills that don't live here.

People do enjoy when a player moves into town. It makes us feel like this player likes it here and is willing to be more then just another player.

Jim Kelly moved here and stayed, people think pretty highly of Jimbo. he earned the respect of Buffalonians by being here and being involved. That's what people like, especially in Buffalo where egos are easily bruised do to the constant Buffal bashing that revolves around the city

It's not a knock against the town. For ex. people had a problem with rj for not buying a home in b-lo. He grew up in california and probably doesn't enjoy cold weather very much. There's nothing wrong with him not wanting to buy a home here. To have a problem with a player over that is nitpicking.

TacklingDummy
06-20-2006, 07:22 PM
He is a aclown. Ever since he joined the NFL he has ripped the Bills. I am tired of his crap.

pot,kettle,black

Dozerdog
06-20-2006, 09:20 PM
:lolpoint: @ Ice.

If Ice is that adamant about Carucci- Carucci nmust be dead on.

Ice- Who TF cares if it was wired or plated? It's a mess. It will take months to recover.

Carucci is one of the best writers in the NFL- that's why he was named NFL.com's editor in Chief.

Those fortunate enough to have Sirius radio can catch his Saturday/Sunday morning shows- and have a great opportunity to actually call his show and get through.

I dare ya Ice to call in and be the boisterous bag of wind you are here.

Bert102176
06-20-2006, 09:56 PM
JP will come thru but we the Bills fans have to show him the support he needs I believe that he will be our Franchise QB and not to far into the future either

bigbub2352
06-21-2006, 10:00 AM
I still think JP will be the man as well