• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Trey Teague hurt

In case anyone cares, he hurt his ankle according to the NY Daily News:

"C Trey Teague suffered a serious ankle injury last week and could miss significant time, a source said. Mangini refused to give any details or a prognosis, saying only that Teague hurt his left leg. It means that first-round pick Nick Mangold could be rushed into a starting role..."

If Mangold comes in and takes his job, I could see Teague playing some at RT for them. The Jets suck on the right side of their OL, with Brandon Moore projected to start at RG and Adrian Jones projected to start at RT.
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: Trey Teague hurt

I agree. If Mangold can live up to the task, leave him in there. I believe Teague would play better at RT anyway. It would definitely sure up that side of the line.

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

Trey appears to small to play right tackle effectively.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
        Trey appears to small to play right tackle effectively.
        He is kind of small, but he has had experience playing all 5 OT positions, including LT in Denver.

He would be a better pass protector than either Moore or Jones, and they have to worry about protecting either the brittle Chad Pennington, statuesque Patrick Ramsey or inexperienced Kellen Clemens.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

I can't stand him, but I don't wish him harm. That sucks about his ankle.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
          X