PDA

View Full Version : Reason for optimism!

Mitchy moo
06-16-2006, 02:55 PM
There is reason for optimism because we still have a team. As long as we have a team and everyone's record is 0-0, we are all the same. Our Sabres we're supposed to be horrible doormats but ended up being a very talented young group that worked hard & had team oriented goals. If we can follow in half their footsteps, we would end up doing well.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

OpIv37
06-16-2006, 03:07 PM
everyone being 0-0 does NOT make them equal.

And what the Sabres did in a different sport has nothing to do with the Bills.

You're basing your optimism on "well, anything's possible" instead of looking at what the team has done (or, more accurately, not done) in the off-season to improve on 5-11.

The King
06-16-2006, 03:09 PM
I thought he was gonna say he's done posting here.

Mitchy moo
06-16-2006, 03:14 PM
everyone being 0-0 does NOT make them equal.

And what the Sabres did in a different sport has nothing to do with the Bills.

You're basing your optimism on "well, anything's possible" instead of looking at what the team has done (or, more accurately, not done) in the off-season to improve on 5-11.

The Sabres played as a team, unlike last years Bills. Eric M. got angry because he wasn't getting enough balls thrown his way and didn't like JP. Many other players didn't keep their stupid mouths shut (like I'm the greatest RB crap). If anyone questioned Lindy, they sat and watched the game. It was Lindy's way or the highway. A team needs to be controlled by it's coach and every cog watched while it turns. Bill Parcells / Bill Belichek run their team one way, hard. Lindy ran the Sabres hard and got everything out of them, they broke bones for him to win and took hundred's of shots to help out. Think Willis ran hard every down last year? Not even close but he better this year or no new contract and less money.

Hopefully Dick and Marv will impose their will and let the team know who is boss and how to do it. They want their checks, earn them.

OpIv37
06-16-2006, 03:16 PM
the 2002 Bills played as a team and all it got them was 8-8. You need talent and coaching too.

Mitchy moo
06-16-2006, 03:40 PM
the 2002 Bills played as a team and all it got them was 8-8. You need talent and coaching too.

What record would good coaching had got them? Our divisional foes had good teams as well, it made for the tougher year. The Sabres play against Ottawa & miontreal every year and montreal's storied history.

The odds are less stacked against the bills this year because of the Jets being weak and NE having player issues. We shipped MM over to Miami, which I think is the greatest thing that could of happened to Miami. So the 3 other teams in our division all have major issues, 0-0.

MDFINFAN
06-16-2006, 03:53 PM
What record would good coaching had got them? Our divisional foes had good teams as well, it made for the tougher year. The Sabres play against Ottawa & miontreal every year and montreal's storied history.

The odds are less stacked against the bills this year because of the Jets being weak and NE having player issues. We shipped MM over to Miami, which I think is the greatest thing that could of happened to Miami. So the 3 other teams in our division all have major issues, 0-0.

Shipping MM to us maybe indeed be the best thing that happened this year.

Mitchy moo
06-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Shipping MM to us maybe indeed be the best thing that happened this year.

:horsecrap
:smoke:, can you pass that this way?

:horsecrap

Denial is a cold and lonely place.

OpIv37
06-16-2006, 04:16 PM

NE has had player issues for 3 seasons- injuries, etc, and they still were able to win the division easily. Miami is vastly improved. The Jets had issues, but they had issues last year and managed to split with us. But let's just ignore those little facts.

The_Philster
06-16-2006, 04:54 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this but Skooby's got a point. They've brought this point up on WGR550 a few times and yeah it is possible that the Bills could be a team like the Sabres...where the whole team is greater than the sum of its parts. That being said, I don't think it's highly likely that we'll be anything more than an average team. A developing QB..a RB who's missed a lot of practice time he could've been using to get better acclimated to the new system and how the new O-line blocks..

TacklingDummy
06-16-2006, 05:07 PM
. A developing QB..a RB who's missed a lot of practice time he could've been using to get better acclimated to the new system and how the new O-line blocks..

That developing QB better be the QB who gives the Bills the best chance to win week one or he can develop his a$$ on the bench. There will be plenty of time to develop a QB later in the season if the Bills do indeed stink. Most of the homer's on here think the Bills will stink, so by week 5 JP should be put in the rest of the year to develop.

Im sure 53 players that are on the team will be playing to win week 1 and will want the QB who gives them the best chance at winning start. It just amazes me that alot of these so called fans don't think the same way.