• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MVP
    Bring The Pain
    • Apr 2006

My View On Things

Since the end of the 2005-2006 season there's been front office fireings / hireings here's my opinion on them.

Front Office

GM Marv Levy: Marv, your the MAN!

HC Dick Jauron: I like others wanted Sherman, but when looking at what a great teacher and person he is to his players, he's obvioulsy the better choice.

OC Steve Fairchild: Lets hope he's learned something from Martz.

DC Perry Fewell: Let's hope our new system shows some results.

Losses

DT Sam Adams: Was always a big fan, I disagreed with MM on benching him (because I don't blame Sam for being pissed at MM). Saw this move coming, he was getting old and were saving $ to go with younger talent.

TE Mark Campbell: Never anything special, we've upgraded the position since.

DT Ron Edwards: If only he was able to stay on the field......

SS Lawyer Milloy: Has lost a step (especially for our new defensive system).

WR Eric Mould: My favorite Bill growing up, would have liked him to go to a contender (like philly) but if he'd rather be with Houston good luck!

C Trey Teague: Never liked him, we've upgraded since.

T Mike Williams: Bust, and a fat piece of ****!

G Bennie Anderson: Another fat piece of ****!

Additions

SS Matt Bowen: Could help out our already stellar special teams.

WR Andre' Davis: May very well become the # 2 guy.

C Melvin Fowler: Hope he can solidify the middle of our line.

G Tutan Reyes: I like the guy, may be our best lineman next to Peters.

TE Robert Royal: Will help in the run game, could do some good things in the passing game as well.

RB Anthony Thomas: Could give us a 1-2 punch witch we haven't had in years!

DT Larry Tripplett: One of the main pieces to our new defense, our best off season aquisition.

MLB Courtney Watson: Loved him in college, can help our ST's, and can be good down the road once Fletch leaves.

2006 Draft

Round 1
    A. SS Donte Whitner: I like this pick the more I look at the guy, he's a student of the game and has game breaking speed.

B. DT John McCargo: Another solid pick, could contribute early.

Round 3
    CB Ashton Youboty: I would love to be able to trade Nate next year and allow Ashton to grow into another OSU stand out corner.

Round 4
    FS Ko Simpson: If he allows TV to mentor him, he will be a steal in the future.

Round 5
    A. DT Kyle Williams: I believe will contribute early and often

B. OT Brad Butler: Love his work ethic

Round 6
    OLB Keith Ellison: Could see work on ST.

Round 7
    A. OG Terrance Pennington: Solid pick.

B. C Aaron Merz: Very Smart

Projected Lineup

Offense:

Kelly Holcomb
    Willis Mcgahee
    Daimen Shelton
    Lee Evans
    Andre' Davis
    Robert Royal
    Mike Gandy
    Tutan Reyes
    Melvin Fowler
    Chris Villiarial
    Jason Peters

Defense:

Aaron Schobel
    John McCargo
    Larry Tripplett
    Chris Kelsay
    Takeo Spikes
    London Fletcher
    Angelo Crowell
    Nate Clements
    Terrance McGee
    Troy Vincent
    Donte Whitner

I have been a fan for pretty mutch all of our offseason moves, I hope we can see some results this season, I'm feeling good about our team, I got my season tickets, and now all I want to know is DO YOU BILLIEVE?

• patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: My View On Things

Let me tell you something about this board right now.

You just posted what I think is a fair assessment of moves.. But the majority of the people here read ONLY what they want to read.. They will ignore everything else you said and because you listed Holcomb as the projected starter at QB, they will do nothing else but focus on that- Unfortunately.

Personally, I think you're being a little too optimistic, but you're not entirely off base (IMO anyway) and I think you make pretty good sense.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

[QUOTE=MVP][OC Steve Fairchild: Lets hope he's learned something from Martz.
      [QUOTE]

Let's also hope that he forgot alot from Martz. Martz was a crappy HC and I wasn't too impress how he ran the Rams offense after he became HC. It may just be me but he seemed to be pass happy and forgot all about Marshall Faulk.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Fairchild, Jauron and Fewell all have a lot to prove- only Fairchild has success in his current position, and some people say it was more Martz than him (I don't know if it's true or not, just saying it adds an element of doubt).

Marv has made some good moves and some very questionable ones. Throw in his unorthodox draft, and I think it's a little too early to be calling him "the man". He seems to be setting us up nicely for the future, but at the expense of this season.

You rank Davis too high and forget that Holcomb can't throw the deep ball well enough to take advantage of his and Evans' speed. We also lack a possession receiver- the only one we have is Reed, who has been a bust so far.

The OL looks a little better but Villarial still sucks. I'm not a fan of Gandy either, but think he may be servicable.

You didn't mention anything about Spikes coming off his injury and how his play may be expected. Watson adds depth but don't expect him to be a huge contributor.

A lot of people are saying that McCargo and Tripplett won't be on the field at the same time. Even if they are, Tim Anderson, Sape and Jason Jefferson are going to see a lot of playing time because DT is a frequent rotation position. That's just plain scary.

Kelsay sucks.

Whitner is a rookie, so don't expect much except blown coverage, especially early in the season while he learns.

I BILLIEVE we're headed for 6-10. The DT's alone will blow at least 4 games.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
          Fairchild, Jauron and Fewell all have a lot to prove- only Fairchild has success in his current position, and some people say it was more Martz than him (I don't know if it's true or not, just saying it adds an element of doubt).

Marv has made some good moves and some very questionable ones. Throw in his unorthodox draft, and I think it's a little too early to be calling him "the man". He seems to be setting us up nicely for the future, but at the expense of this season.

You rank Davis too high and forget that Holcomb can't throw the deep ball well enough to take advantage of his and Evans' speed. We also lack a possession receiver- the only one we have is Reed, who has been a bust so far.

The OL looks a little better but Villarial still sucks. I'm not a fan of Gandy either, but think he may be servicable.

You didn't mention anything about Spikes coming off his injury and how his play may be expected. Watson adds depth but don't expect him to be a huge contributor.

A lot of people are saying that McCargo and Tripplett won't be on the field at the same time. Even if they are, Tim Anderson, Sape and Jason Jefferson are going to see a lot of playing time because DT is a frequent rotation position. That's just plain scary.

Kelsay sucks.

Whitner is a rookie, so don't expect much except blown coverage, especially early in the season while he learns.

I BILLIEVE we're headed for 6-10. The DT's alone will blow at least 4 games.

Good realistic approach all in all but I do have a question....

Do you think we're legitimately only a DT away from a 10-6 playoff team?

Going by what you said, that seems to be what you're implying.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
            Good realistic approach all in all but I do have a question....

Do you think we're legitimately only a DT away from a 10-6 playoff team?

Going by what you said, that seems to be what you're implying.
            ha, good point. I was kind of exaggerating to make the point that we still need DT's.

If we had two starting caliber DT's last year, the run D would have been much better and we may have remained in the playoff hunt until late in the year, but you're right- one DT won't make that much difference.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JimboIsGod
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37

Right on the money.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MVP
                Since the end of the 2005-2006 season there's been front office fireings / hireings here's my opinion on them.

Front Office

GM Marv Levy: Marv, your the MAN!

HC Dick Jauron: I like others wanted Sherman, but when looking at what a great teacher and person he is to his players, he's obvioulsy the better choice.

OC Steve Fairchild: Lets hope he's learned something from Martz.

DC Perry Fewell: Let's hope our new system shows some results.

Losses

DT Sam Adams: Was always a big fan, I disagreed with MM on benching him (because I don't blame Sam for being pissed at MM). Saw this move coming, he was getting old and were saving $ to go with younger talent.

TE Mark Campbell: Never anything special, we've upgraded the position since.

DT Ron Edwards: If only he was able to stay on the field......

SS Lawyer Milloy: Has lost a step (especially for our new defensive system).

WR Eric Mould: My favorite Bill growing up, would have liked him to go to a contender (like philly) but if he'd rather be with Houston good luck!

C Trey Teague: Never liked him, we've upgraded since.

T Mike Williams: Bust, and a fat piece of ****!

G Bennie Anderson: Another fat piece of ****!

Additions

SS Matt Bowen: Could help out our already stellar special teams.

WR Andre' Davis: May very well become the # 2 guy.

C Melvin Fowler: Hope he can solidify the middle of our line.

G Tutan Reyes: I like the guy, may be our best lineman next to Peters.

TE Robert Royal: Will help in the run game, could do some good things in the passing game as well.

RB Anthony Thomas: Could give us a 1-2 punch witch we haven't had in years!

DT Larry Tripplett: One of the main pieces to our new defense, our best off season aquisition.

MLB Courtney Watson: Loved him in college, can help our ST's, and can be good down the road once Fletch leaves.

2006 Draft

Round 1
                A. SS Donte Whitner: I like this pick the more I look at the guy, he's a student of the game and has game breaking speed.

B. DT John McCargo: Another solid pick, could contribute early.

Round 3
                CB Ashton Youboty: I would love to be able to trade Nate next year and allow Ashton to grow into another OSU stand out corner.

Round 4
                FS Ko Simpson: If he allows TV to mentor him, he will be a steal in the future.

Round 5
                A. DT Kyle Williams: I believe will contribute early and often

B. OT Brad Butler: Love his work ethic

Round 6
                OLB Keith Ellison: Could see work on ST.

Round 7
                A. OG Terrance Pennington: Solid pick.

B. C Aaron Merz: Very Smart

Projected Lineup

Offense:

Kelly Holcomb
                Willis Mcgahee
                Daimen Shelton
                Lee Evans
                Andre' Davis
                Robert Royal
                Mike Gandy
                Tutan Reyes
                Melvin Fowler
                Chris Villiarial
                Jason Peters

Defense:

Aaron Schobel
                John McCargo
                Larry Tripplett
                Chris Kelsay
                Takeo Spikes
                London Fletcher
                Angelo Crowell
                Nate Clements
                Terrance McGee
                Troy Vincent
                Donte Whitner

I have been a fan for pretty mutch all of our offseason moves, I hope we can see some results this season, I'm feeling good about our team, I got my season tickets, and now all I want to know is DO YOU BILLIEVE?
                So you want a losing team? Holcomb starting = losing.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  So you want a losing team? Holcomb starting = losing.
                  Soooooo let me get this straight, you don't like Holcomb? I'm not quite sure, need clarification.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Crunk.. For the short term the Bills would probably win more games if Holcomb started this year.. Trust me, dont pay attention to him and ESPECIALLY dont try to understand his logic.

Its the Ice-way or the high-way as far as the Bills are concerned.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                    X