PDA

View Full Version : Tom Golisano's letter

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-16-2006, 07:15 PM
http://www.sabres.com/images/email/golisano_letter.jpg

I don't like what he says here in the last paragraph though :scared:

"and if the current demands continues, it may be the only way to see most of the regular season and playoffs"~ Tom Golisano It sounds like the only way to see the SABRES is to go to the arena and they wouldn't be on tv.

LABillsFan
06-16-2006, 07:40 PM
I caught that too. OLN isn't big enough or even known of to some people. There ae more americans watching the World Cup more than hockey, is there no justice?

Dr. Lecter
06-16-2006, 09:37 PM
I think it means that there will not be many tickets available to the general public for the games, hence the "If current demand continues" part.

YardRat
06-16-2006, 09:40 PM
I think he's specifically refering to seeing the team live at the HSBC, also. They'll still be on TV next year.

Typ0
06-16-2006, 11:26 PM
I don't think it will be much of a problem. This year was very special and void of an injury or two we may have been able to bring the cup home...but that's why this year was special. Look for the organization to keep the payroll down and things like we experienced this year to be few and far between. We will perpetually be competitive with a playoff team but I doubt we'll see something that could get us over the edge like this year. We're going to really need a special group of guys that you can't assemble that often.

Typ0
06-16-2006, 11:28 PM
by the way...what the letter is saying is the ticket sales are highly trending towards season tickets...and if you want to see a great deal of the games including the playoffs you better buy season tickets. This letter does not talk about television...as the team has little control over what the league does with television rights.

PUCKER
06-17-2006, 02:47 AM
I want to go to some games,but they better be on TV!!!

SkateZilla
06-17-2006, 07:55 AM
I caught that too. OLN isn't big enough or even known of to some people. There ae more americans watching the World Cup more than hockey, is there no justice?

thats cuz no ones gives 2 hoots about edmonton, and no one like Carolina.. :)

least during WCup, HBO is Over Airing the US Womens Soccer Special...