• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MVP
    Bring The Pain
    • Apr 2006

Teague Hurt

TREY TO THE SHELF: C Trey Teague suffered a serious ankle injury last week and could miss significant time, a source said. Mangini refused to give any details or a prognosis, saying only that Teague hurt his left leg. It means that first-round pick Nick Mangold could be rushed into a starting role....RB Curtis Martin, who had knee surgery last December, participated in most of the drills.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...p-360173c.html

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Teague Hurt

Unfortunate for Teague...opportunity knocks for Mangold.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

I have a hard time believing Teague was gonna start, Mangold is a monster.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• R. Rich
        • Apr 2003

Teague probably would have started to begin the season just for the experience factor. My guess is once they felt Mangold was ready, they'd have started him anyway.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Aug 2004

If you read the rest of this article about the Jets QB competition, it sounds a lot like what the Bills are doing, except that the Jets have 4 QBs competing for their starting job and the Bills have 3.

If Pennington doesn't have his arm strength back to where he can be effective again, the Jets may be in worse shape than the Bills at QB this season. And, while they have a lot of talent and potential, the Jets will be starting two rookies on their offensive line this year as well....
          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Devin
            I have a hard time believing Teague was gonna start, Mangold is a monster.
            Thank You.

Now someone else will have to weigh down the bench. Teague may have been 50/50 to even make the roster, with Mangold drafted.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Actually, I been following the Jets somewhat closely as I try to with all AFC East teams. And reports that were coming out prior to this injury was the Jets were seriously considering moving Mangold to guard.

Obviously that's likely out the window.

I like Teague, sucks to see him get hurt. I think his leaving Buffalo is a good thign for the Bills, but I like the fact you never heard Teague complaining in the locker room; he moved from left tackle to center when he came here and he did it without complaining. To this day, I think it was a bad move by the Bills to begin with as he simply wasnt strong enough to be an effective center consistently.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
              X