PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the QB competition video at BB.com?

justasportsfan
06-16-2006, 09:00 PM
I really like the way Jp's throws spiral w/ a lot of zip compared to Holcomb's.

http://www.buffalobills.com/

kinigirly
06-16-2006, 09:14 PM
i feel like everytime i see holcomb throw the ball he has all this energy and then he slings back only to throw with a limp girly arm. put some effort into it dammit. i was happy to see 64% of fans support jp to start! jauron is one goofy looking mofo though....
looks like that creepy guy from Poltergeist...

GvilleBills
06-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Nice. Let the young guns duke it out, Noodles is gonna be 3rd string. It's also encouraging to see Nall improving, he will be a good back-up. Jp will win this thing by the middle/end of camp. I know there are no pads, but it is still pretty sweet to see progress.

GvilleBills
06-16-2006, 09:30 PM
i feel like everytime i see holcomb throw the ball he has all this energy and then he slings back only to throw with a limp girly arm. put some effort into it dammit. i was happy to see 64% of fans support jp to start! jauron is one goofy looking mofo though....

I think there might be a little Skeletor mixed in there. Actually Ralph kinda has the Skeletor thing goin' too.

TigerJ
06-16-2006, 09:34 PM
I don't think Holcomb's ball looks all that bad. It does look like JP is better at taking the arc out and throwing it on a line. He also has that quick release that you like. He seems to have just a real quick effortless motion.

ICE74129
06-16-2006, 09:53 PM
I really like the way Jp's throws spiral w/ a lot of zip compared to Holcomb's.

http://www.buffalobills.com/

Its more than obvious from how they take their drops who is going to have a better ball coming out. JP is so smooth in his drops and immediate release. It also was obvious holcombs noodle arm was causing high balls in practice as well.

Mr. Cynical
06-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Dick sounds so limp. I really do not want him as our coach.

LifetimeBillsFan
06-17-2006, 05:24 AM
There's no question, when you look at the videos of the OTAs and mini-camp on BB.com, that Losman and Nall both have much better arms than Holcomb--JP looks like he has the better arm between him and Nall, too.

Based on what the coaches are saying, both on the video and to the press, if Nall continues to perform like he did in the mini-camp, IMHO the QB competition will come down to Losman vs Nall in the preseason and will last until at least the first couple of games are played, maybe even the third one. I just finished writing an article explaining why I see it this way that should be posted on the BZ front page in a couple of days after it gets edited, so I won't bore you will all of that now. But, IMHO, unless he falls on his butt in TC, Nall is going to be a player in this QB battle and is likely to be the guy that JP will have to beat out for the starting job in the preseason games. Holcomb is the team's security blanket just in case both of them fall on their faces when they get in game situations in the preseason.

ICE74129
06-17-2006, 09:51 AM
There's no question, when you look at the videos of the OTAs and mini-camp on BB.com, that Losman and Nall both have much better arms than Holcomb--JP looks like he has the better arm between him and Nall, too.

Based on what the coaches are saying, both on the video and to the press, if Nall continues to perform like he did in the mini-camp, IMHO the QB competition will come down to Losman vs Nall in the preseason and will last until at least the first couple of games are played, maybe even the third one. I just finished writing an article explaining why I see it this way that should be posted on the BZ front page in a couple of days after it gets edited, so I won't bore you will all of that now. But, IMHO, unless he falls on his butt in TC, Nall is going to be a player in this QB battle and is likely to be the guy that JP will have to beat out for the starting job in the preseason games. Holcomb is the team's security blanket just in case both of them fall on their faces when they get in game situations in the preseason.

Agreed. I look forward to the article

ublinkwescore
06-17-2006, 10:52 AM
For some reason, I can't watch it... unless it takes forever to load.

HHURRICANE
06-17-2006, 09:53 PM
For some reason, I can't watch it... unless it takes forever to load.

Be thankful because listening to Holcomb is painful. What a frickin hayseed!!

You can't tell much from the video other than Losman definately has the strongest arm. He throws the ball effortlessly. Even Nall has some body push.

ParanoidAndroid
06-17-2006, 10:18 PM

:rofl:

I've been posting a tiny bit on a vikings site, so far just to get opinions on Fowler and they had a pretty funny comparison of Wilson and Darth Sidious. I almost peed my pants.

ublinkwescore
06-18-2006, 01:18 AM
What Vikings site would this be? - give a link.

billsburgh
06-18-2006, 02:24 AM
What are they saying about Fowler? I would be interested in hearing that.

ParanoidAndroid
06-18-2006, 06:32 AM
What are they saying about Fowler? I would be interested in hearing that.

Mostly said he was a solid fill in for Birk but of course he was still missed. He was better than Withrow by far, but he was no Birk. A few mentioned that they would have liked to keep him as a back up or move him to guard. One of them was familiar with Teague and thought he would be an upgrade. All positive over there. :up:

LifetimeBillsFan
06-18-2006, 07:35 AM
Well, that's good to hear!

Birk was a Pro Bowler, so it's not necessarily a disgrace to say that Fowler wasn't as good as Birk. But, I'm glad to hear that they thought he was decent. I was concerned because I know that the Vikes had some serious problems with their offensive line early in the season when Birk went down and I know they shuffled their personnel around a lot before they finally got their interior offensive line straightened out. Other than the rookie from Mississippi that they had starting at guard--who they benched for a time because he was so awful, but who later came on and took back his starting job--though, I wasn't sure who the players were that they used who struggled and were benched and which ones were the ones that came off of the bench and played well. I was concerned that Fowler might have been one of those who struggled. So, thank you for mentioning Withrow and straightening that out for me. Thanks!!!

ICE74129
06-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Mostly said he was a solid fill in for Birk but of course he was still missed. He was better than Withrow by far, but he was no Birk. A few mentioned that they would have liked to keep him as a back up or move him to guard. One of them was familiar with Teague and thought he would be an upgrade. All positive over there. :up:
My brother the lifer vikes fan said he did as well as birk could have about 1/2 through his time starting. Upper management wanted to go back to the name player (gee there is a shock) even though he lost a full season.

I know fowler is an upgrade over Teague!

billsburgh
06-18-2006, 11:03 AM
My brother the lifer vikes fan said he did as well as birk could have about 1/2 through his time starting. Upper management wanted to go back to the name player (gee there is a shock) even though he lost a full season.

excellent

jmb1099
06-18-2006, 02:02 PM
Both Losman and Nall look very good so far.

Mr. Cynical
06-18-2006, 06:47 PM

Rosie O'Donnell is an upgrade over Teague.

PromoTheRobot
06-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Holcomb looks like Peyton friggin' Manning next to Kliff Kingsbury. Check out his video. He looks like he's firing wounded ducks from a slingshot!

PTR