PDA

View Full Version : Gee you think if the Canes blow game 7

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-17-2006, 10:06 PM
does this sound familiar he can't get it done!

Two years ago, the Islanders gave Laviolette his first head coaching job in the NHL. New York was a long way from the four straight Stanley Cups it won in the 1980s, and the Islanders just wanted to get back in the playoffs for the first time since 1994.

Laviolette did that right away.

In his first season, he led the Islanders to the fourth best turnaround in NHL history. They doubled their win total to 42 before losing in seven games to Toronto in the first round of the playoffs.

"I'm not talking about strictly the results," Milbury said. "I'm talking about a methodology in coaching and communication with players. If you don't have it, it's pretty tough to succeed. And it looked to me as if it had been lost."

The Islanders went into the playoffs this year on the heels of a 6-11-5 slide, but Laviolette proclaimed that his team was better than top-seeded Ottawa. His players looked as though they would prove him right by stomping the Senators 3-0 in the series opener.

That would be Laviolette's last win behind the Islanders bench.
http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0603/1562501.html

chubluv
06-17-2006, 10:14 PM
You don't see head coaches getting axed after losing in the Stanley cup finals. Even if they blow the 3-1 series lead they had. Carolina will probably give him an extension if any thing.

PUCKER
06-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Im sure he will be back.