X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Vincent educates, but Simpson may start this year

In the Buffalo Bills' recent mini-camps, 14-year veteran free safety Troy Vincent has graciously helped the team's younger defensive backs learn the ropes. The five-time Pro Bowler has worked closely with Bills rookies such as first round strong safety Donte' Whitner, third round cornerback Ashton Youboty and fourth round free safety Ko Simpson.
    Since his positional switch, Vincent's coverage skills have clearly diminished, but his playmaking ability has, for the most part, remained steadfast in its solidity. Last season, Vincent tied for the Bills' lead with four interceptions. Buffalo's defense struggled mightily in '05, but that certainly can't be attributed to Vincent's play. more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Vincent educates, but Simpson may start this year

Might as well start Simpson this year. The Bills aren't a play-off team, they're building for the future, and the only way Simpson is going to improve is by playing in games that mean something.

Hand him the starting position, give him a full 16 games, and let's see what he has
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Don't Panic
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
      Might as well start Simpson this year. The Bills aren't a play-off team, they're building for the future, and the only way Simpson is going to improve is by playing in games that mean something.

Hand him the starting position, give him a full 16 games, and let's see what he has
      I take it your a Losman fan, too. I tend to agree to some extent, but I can see Vincent being very effective in this new defensive scheme. I think he needs to get the start in week one, and we'll take it from there. If he falters, or worse yet, we falter, then you can think about changes, but it would be very unwise to have him on the bench opening week.

Amazing to me how many people already know we're not a playoff team in early June.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by bwbrenton
        I take it your a Losman fan, too. I tend to agree to some extent, but I can see Vincent being very effective in this new defensive scheme. I think he needs to get the start in week one, and we'll take it from there. If he falters, or worse yet, we falter, then you can think about changes, but it would be very unwise to have him on the bench opening week.

Amazing to me how many people already know we're not a playoff team in early June.
        I guarantee we will not make the playoffs. Anyone who can look at our off-season moves and think we did enough to make a 5-11 team a playoff team is just not paying attention.

Now we're going to be running a cover 2 with 2 rookie safeties? Yeah, Marv is gonna fix the pass defense .
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Nice try.

Logical fallacy, but a nice try.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

S is not QB.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

And Kelly Holcomb is not Troy Vincent.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Exactly, same with Whitner, and the rest. This is the year to do it. Same with JP.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by bwbrenton

I can say 100% right now we aren't a playoff team. Fans need to start getting this thing called REALITY.

the last 6 years coupled with what little we did this offseason = no playoffs

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

In reality, the writer of the article is probably right. Unless Vincent is injured during camp, chances are that he will be starting in New England. But with his age, he may struggle back there. If he is, than what sense would it make to not play Simpson? Simpson will be playing here for a few years while this is more than likely Vincent's last year. Might as well get Simpson a jump start. It will payoff for everyone next year if he plays and gets better asw much as he can this year.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                      • Aug 2005

I think we upgraded our secondary by letting Milloy go and bringing in Whitner even as a rookie. Rookies, especially on defense, these days seem to be getting a lot more talented and come into the league hungrier and ready to work at things. I fully expect Clements to bounce back with a good season, and Terrence McGee is ready to be a star on this team. The only question in my mind is Vincent. Yes he led the team in INT's, but I think he has lost at least 1 step. His leadership qualities are second to none, but his on the field play last year was less than insipring. His tackling was dreadful at times last year. I think we should start Vincent for at least 4 weeks and see how things are going, but if we go 0-4 then we put Simpson in and sit back and have fun watching our future safties lay the wood on Chambers and the rest of those convicts.
                      SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        I can say 100% right now we aren't a playoff team.
                        are you sure youve been watching american football the last few years
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                          • Aug 2005

Right now every team is a playoff team. How can anyone say in June that us or anyone else is not a playoff team? Nobody knows that. Ask the Chicago Bears of last year about that. I sure as hell didn't expect the Bears led by Kyle Orton to make the playoffs, so who's to say that the Bills led by J.P. Losman can't make the playoffs?
                          SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsStampede
                            I think we upgraded our secondary by letting Milloy go and bringing in Whitner even as a rookie. Rookies, especially on defense, these days seem to be getting a lot more talented and come into the league hungrier and ready to work at things. I fully expect Clements to bounce back with a good season, and Terrence McGee is ready to be a star on this team. The only question in my mind is Vincent. Yes he led the team in INT's, but I think he has lost at least 1 step. His leadership qualities are second to none, but his on the field play last year was less than insipring. His tackling was dreadful at times last year. I think we should start Vincent for at least 4 weeks and see how things are going, but if we go 0-4 then we put Simpson in and sit back and have fun watching our future safties lay the wood on Chambers and the rest of those convicts.
                            remember McGee's first season as a CB? He was a great KR the second he joined our team, but he really struggled in coverage for most of his first season. And we're talking about starting 2 rookies at safety. There's a good chance they'll both be good players, but not without taking their lumps first.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsStampede
                              Right now every team is a playoff team. How can anyone say in June that us or anyone else is not a playoff team? Nobody knows that. Ask the Chicago Bears of last year about that. I sure as hell didn't expect the Bears led by Kyle Orton to make the playoffs, so who's to say that the Bills led by J.P. Losman can't make the playoffs?
                              You're kidding, right?

It's not just JP. It's starting two rookies at safety, a questionable DL, our biggest playmaker on D coming off a very serious injury, an improved but still questionable OL, no proven #1 receiver, Josh Reed as our only possession receiver, new systems on both sides of the ball, a "star" RB who apparently doesn't give a damn about learning the new system, and starting the season with 3 division games (2 on the road) while the players are learning the system. Oh, and a rookie GM and a coach with a losing record in the NFL.

But, we can make the playoffs

When people are talking about how Sam Aiken needs to step up and Martin Nance could be an asset to the team, we're in deep ****.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X