PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carrucci On Sportsnite RTN 11 Comments on JP and O-Line

bigbub2352
06-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Vic was on Sportnite channel RTN 11 local in Buffalo, had commants and call in questions in regard to JP Losman and the O-Line..

On JP said that he thinks JP is the front runner but has to be more consistent and has all the tools and mentality as per practice and game film and intelligence to suceed but has to put it all together. He thinks it is a problem that they have not named a starter and most by at the least game 2 preseason, Also said that JP needs to develop patience and thinks that the only reason he is the front runner because he was drafted so high and the coaches might have more patience with him but Nall and Holocomb have baggage.

O-Line comments were basically about a report in Pro sports weekly about MIke gandy not being seviceable and that he struggled against speed rushers, Vic said this is the best they got there right now and the Bills will not say that he struggled, Other than that he closed with this should be a training camp full of battles and a good one to watch...

UNtil Friday

YardRat
06-19-2006, 08:13 PM
What baggage does Nall have??

Captain Obvious
06-19-2006, 08:21 PM

He wasn't very good in OTAs?

Goobylal
06-19-2006, 08:35 PM
That he was in Packersland for several years and the Pack thought so much of him that they drafted a QB in the 1st round last year?

ICE74129
06-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Vic Again is a moron. JP is the front runner because the kid should be. Vic = TDummy its more than obvious.

bigbub2352
06-19-2006, 09:42 PM
I agree yah goobylal, he was in NFLE and also in the league for 4 years, with very limited playtime, as well as Aaron ROdgers doesnt bode well for what GB thought of him, but you never know alot of QB's fell thru the cracks, ala Jake Delhomme, Marc Bulger, Aaron Brooks, Tom Brady, etc.

Goobylal
06-20-2006, 03:24 PM
True bigbub, but you can't count on Nall becoming another Delhomme, et al. If he does, great, but I'm not holding my breath.

Kerr
06-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Nall sucks.

Jan Reimers
06-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Perhaps JP should be the frontrunner because he is more athletic, more mobile, and has a better arm than the other two. What a concept!

ibatiger
06-20-2006, 06:29 PM

He has none. If the guy said that he is a moron and doesn't know anything about Nall's situation in Green Bay. One of you local guys call him up and tell him I said so.

ibatiger
06-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Perhaps JP should be the frontrunner because he is more athletic, more mobile, and has a better arm than the other two. What a concept!

He may be slighty more athletic, but he doesn't have a better arm. And after the last three days of practice I doubt very seriously that he is the front runner if there is one.

Albany,n.y.
06-20-2006, 07:39 PM
That he was in Packersland for several years and the Pack thought so much of him that they drafted a QB in the 1st round last year?

What is so strange about drafting a QB in the 1st round when your backup behind a HOFer is on the last year of his contract and likely to bolt at the end of the season rather than wasting any more of his career behind Favre, who just about never misses games? If the guy was the next Steve Young (who sat behind Montana) and was eligible for free agency after the season, any smart team would have done the same thing in GB's situation. Rodgers being drafted has nothing to do with Nall's ability or lack thereof. Definitely a groaner!

Jan Reimers
06-20-2006, 07:51 PM
He may be slighty more athletic, but he doesn't have a better arm. And after the last three days of practice I doubt very seriously that he is the front runner if there is one.
He doesn't have a better arm. Are you serious?

Goobylal
06-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Losman has the best arm on the team.

And as for the argument that the Packers drafted a QB because they figured Nall was going to bolt, Favre isn't long for the NFL and by all accounts SHOULD have retired after last season. If the Pack thought he was worth something, they would have tried to lock him up after the 2004 season, i.e. before drafting Rogers. It would have been cheaper and shown some faith in him.

Mr. Cynical
06-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Oline is still putrid, so it really doesn't matter if its JP, KH or Santa Claus back there.

Kerr
06-20-2006, 10:50 PM
Wth does ibatiger get that nall has a stronger arm than losman? Obsessed with nall aren't we?

HAMMER
06-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Oline is still putrid, so it really doesn't matter if its JP, KH or Santa Claus back there.

Bingo! Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

ublinkwescore
06-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Where do you guys get off calling the Oline still Putrid - we've definitely upgraded over Anderson, and added a little help in Royal - it's probably a draw with Teague's departure (Teague is hurt now though).

Goobylal
06-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Fowler is a big upgrade over Teague. And so too is Reyes over Anderson. Throw in Roayl, who is a great blocker, and the O-line should be much-improved. The biggest concern will be depth, where most of the positions are backed-up by inexperienced players.

bigbub2352
06-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Depth will be a concern, at alot of positions, I think JP also helps the Oline because with his mobility he can definetly avoid the initial rush and make plays with his legs, something i dont htink we have had since minnie flutie

ibatiger
06-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Losman has the best arm on the team.

And as for the argument that the Packers drafted a QB because they figured Nall was going to bolt, Favre isn't long for the NFL and by all accounts SHOULD have retired after last season. If the Pack thought he was worth something, they would have tried to lock him up after the 2004 season, i.e. before drafting Rogers. It would have been cheaper and shown some faith in him.

They couldn't. As has been pointed out a hundred times, GB hired a new GM in Ted Thompson. He came in and blew the pick on Rodgers. It didn't have anything to do with Sherman and the people who drafted and developed Nall. Thompson just thought he hit the lottery when Rodgers fell 24 spots into his lap. Trouble is that he fell 24 spots for a reason. He can't carry Nall's jock strap.

ibatiger
06-21-2006, 12:50 PM
He doesn't have a better arm. Are you serious?

Dead serious.

ibatiger
06-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Wth does ibatiger get that nall has a stronger arm than losman? Obsessed with nall aren't we?

I've never said that Nall's arm is stronger, although it could be. But I've seen them both play plenty and if one has a stronger arm than the other it is certainly by an insignificant amount.

Kerr
06-21-2006, 01:48 PM
I've never said that Nall's arm is stronger, although it could be. But I've seen them both play plenty and if one has a stronger arm than the other it is certainly by an insignificant amount.

You said nall had a better arm. Correct if i'm wrong, but isn't that the same as have the most arm strength?? That's the way I see it.
I wonder what you're going to do when nall ends up backing up losman because it seems the only reason you joined up here is to root for your pal nall. Maybe you can call him early to console him before the news breaks out that he's a backup, AGAIN.

ibatiger
07-05-2006, 09:53 PM
You said nall had a better arm. Correct if i'm wrong, but isn't that the same as have the most arm strength?? That's the way I see it.
I wonder what you're going to do when nall ends up backing up losman because it seems the only reason you joined up here is to root for your pal nall. Maybe you can call him early to console him before the news breaks out that he's a backup, AGAIN.

Not very likely to happen as he was in the process of blowing by the competition when the last minicamp ended. And, BTW, Nall does have a BETTER arm. That's taking into account arm strength plus the ability to put the ball where you want it. There was never any doubt about that on my part. Only that I don't know which one has the absolute strongest arm and couldn't care less because they both have plenty of strength.

Goobylal
07-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Nall wasn't in the process of blowing by the competition; he was in the process of getting to be as GOOD as the competition. And how do you know Nall has "the ability to put the ball where you want it," given his whole 33 career passes in 4 years?