06-19-2006, 09:58 PM
http://sjsharkie.dagnabit.org/images/hartford_whalers_1996.gif:zapper:

Sick.

Philagape
06-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Congratulations Hartford!!

chubluv
06-19-2006, 10:03 PM
If they were still in Hartford this would be a great thing for hockey.

JD
06-19-2006, 10:09 PM
This will go down as the most undeserving team to win the cup in NHL history.. unreal. This was ours.

chubluv
06-19-2006, 10:14 PM
Do you think these announcers believe what they are saying? They really cant mean that Carolina is so good and that they played good and they(the team & city) deserve the championship. If a owner moves his team for more $ then he doesnt deserve jack ****.

shelby
06-20-2006, 04:00 AM
If they were still in Hartford this would be a great thing for hockey.

Exactly. Hartford hasn't been the same since they left.

YardRat
06-20-2006, 05:25 AM
BOOOOOOOOO !!!

Historian
06-20-2006, 05:46 AM
:down:

chernobylwraiths
06-20-2006, 06:14 AM
:ill:

EpiK-KA14
06-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Bite me. There hasn't be a bunch of more classless fans than you guys.

How about you check the Edmonton sites and see how REAL fans act?

It's no reason your city never wins anything. You don't deserve it. Karma's a *****.

And instead of flaming me, why don't you chew on that for a while. I've got a victory parade to go to...

The King
06-20-2006, 07:06 AM
:bf1: Hahtford.

BleedinGreenNC
06-20-2006, 07:23 AM
The parade is going to be a blast!!!

Gmcc24
06-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Congrats to the Hurricanes....good job, whatever...luck prevailed. Also, i'm sick of people calling them the Hartford Whalers...they're not the Whalers anymore...its been almost ten years....the past is the past...jesus. But yea....Congrats lol

SabreEleven
06-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Did you guy see the guy in the Hartford Whalers jersey during the on- ice celebration? That was sweet......

Is Carolina going to have anybody left after 75 percent of their team retires?

Carolina Hurricanes 2006 Stanley Cup Champions* :puke:

*won due to pure luck

SABURZFAN
06-20-2006, 11:03 AM
i like Hartford better. :up:

Philagape
06-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Congrats to the Hurricanes....good job, whatever...luck prevailed. Also, i'm sick of people calling them the Hartford Whalers...they're not the Whalers anymore...its been almost ten years....the past is the past...jesus. But yea....Congrats lol

HARTFORD.
WHALERS.

Gmcc24
06-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Did you guy see the guy in the Hartford Whalers jersey during the on- ice celebration? That was sweet......

Is Carolina going to have anybody left after 75 percent of their team retires?

Carolina Hurricanes 2006 Stanley Cup Champions* :puke:

*won due to pure luck

I like the touch of the asterik :lol:

Michael82
06-20-2006, 01:26 PM
:puke:

BleedinGreenNC
06-20-2006, 03:10 PM
I dont think they put * on the cup!! LOL!!

Bill Brasky
06-20-2006, 03:11 PM

It's no reason your city never wins anything. You don't deserve it. Karma's a *****.

And instead of flaming me, why don't you chew on that for a while. I've got a victory parade to go to...
Maybe if your team wasn't full of crybabies and excuse-makers they wouldn't be so hated.

I work with a good mix of fans - Islanders, Rangers, Sabres, Pens, Bruins... I don't think any of them were rooting for Carolina and they all said the same thing - they are a bunch of babies undeserving of winning. On top of the fact that they went the distance against two superior teams only because those teams were devestated by injuries. Wow. What an accomplishment. You beat up on squads that couldn't even field a healthy team. And every time your team couldn't get the job done, they went crying to the media and made a laundry list of excuses. That surely defines your place in history amongst the best teams of all time :rolleyes:. If they faced a healthy team this Canes squad wouldn't have won anything - if you are blind to that fact you need a doctor's visit.

It's not hard to give props to a team that won, but when the team is a bunch of immature brats with a coach who shows little class to boot, then the hatred towards your team should not come as a surprise.

The thing that upsets me the most is knowing another hockey city will go another year without a title, while a city that doesn't even know the rules or can barely sell out its playoff games wins the most coveted title in sports. That, to me, is the real travesty.

Michael82
06-20-2006, 04:34 PM
The parade is going to be a blast!!!
I'm sorry the Jets still suck. :(

At least my Bills got one team to kick around this year. :snicker:

:jetsuck:

Gmcc24
06-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Maybe if your team wasn't full of crybabies and excuse-makers they wouldn't be so hated.

I work with a good mix of fans - Islanders, Rangers, Sabres, Pens, Bruins... I don't think any of them were rooting for Carolina and they all said the same thing - they are a bunch of babies undeserving of winning. On top of the fact that they went the distance against two superior teams only because those teams were devestated by injuries. Wow. What an accomplishment. You beat up on squads that couldn't even field a healthy team. And every time your team couldn't get the job done, they went crying to the media and made a laundry list of excuses. That surely defines your place in history amongst the best teams of all time :rolleyes:. If they faced a healthy team this Canes squad wouldn't have won anything - if you are blind to that fact you need a doctor's visit.

It's not hard to give props to a team that won, but when the team is a bunch of immature brats with a coach who shows little class to boot, then the hatred towards your team should not come as a surprise.

The thing that upsets me the most is knowing another hockey city will go another year without a title, while a city that doesn't even know the rules or can barely sell out its playoff games wins the most coveted title in sports. That, to me, is the real travesty.

Oh my...if this was a speech in a movie, it would deserve the clap that starts out with one person and everyone else joins. Very true....but of course Canes fans won't realize that. They think their team is like....the best of all time in the NHL and a dynasty in the making which is far from whats going to happen in many opinions.

JD
06-20-2006, 06:37 PM

Post of the year, like Bruschi.. I wish you were my dad.
:respect:

BleedinGreenNC
06-20-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm sorry the Jets still suck. :(

At least my Bills got one team to kick around this year. :snicker:

:jetsuck:

Sorry buddy, your team was 1 game better, so thats not saying much!!! And the parade was a blast!!!

EpiK-KA14
06-20-2006, 11:12 PM

Funny how it's ONLY the Sabres fans who are *****ing and whining about the Canes. The Canadian fans congratulated us. The Devil fans congratulated us. The Oiler fans congratulated us. You guys made excuses. Especially the injury one.

I've got news for you:

The Sabres lost about 170 man games to injuries this year.
The Canes lost around 270 - yet we overcame them, still finished with a HIGHER seed than you, won our division, beat your a$$, then won the cup. That's what heart does for you.

Bill Brasky
06-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Funny how it's ONLY the Sabres fans who are *****ing and whining about the Canes. The Canadian fans congratulated us. The Devil fans congratulated us. The Oiler fans congratulated us. You guys made excuses. Especially the injury one.

I've got news for you:

The Sabres lost about 170 man games to injuries this year.
The Canes lost around 270 - yet we overcame them, still finished with a HIGHER seed than you, won our division, beat your a$$, then won the cup. That's what heart does for you.

Where'd you get those facts? Was it, perhaps, the same reputable Raleigh papers you got your facts from for the Sabres-Canes series? That paper is always spot on. I enjoyed how they were under the assumptions that Canes tickets were more than ours, or how your economy-raveged city was "priced out" of affording playoff tickets at a paltry $75 a pop. I thoroughly enjoyed how they had to actually print articles outlining the "rules" of hockey because you half-wits couldn't figure out it for yourselfs... and half of you still don't understand - eventhough you've had a team for what - a decade now? But hey, your team "won the cup"

Every time you post I generally disregard any of your so-called facts, because upon further review you always end up in line with the ESPN logic where you spout off at the mouth before verifying what comes out. But hey, your team "won the cup"

Wow, you won your division. Pretty tough pecking order there with the always-tough Caps... the red-hot Thrashers... Panthers are a real tough go as well. Please - spare us all your "we beat your ass" logic. You beat our pee wee team after we eliminated arguably 2 of the top teams in the league, in dominating fashion. You still needed 7 games. That is like the Yankees winning the ALCS against the Binghamton Senators in 7 games in the BX. But hey, your team "won the cup".

Please - tell me - if Roly was in net for Edmonton do you really think you would have won this series? How about a 5-0 game? Get real dude.

Enjoy the bandwagon "victory" ride. Once all your players retire to Shady Acres you can be knocked back down to reality, realize how bad your team, city, and fans suck, and show us all how devoted you "caniacs" really are by going back to Cameron Indoor Arena and putting on blue halloween paint.

PS - there are very few fans applauding your so-called "victory"... please don't fool yourself.

RockStar36
06-21-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm done bringing up injuries and all this other garbage.

However, I have a proposal for the two die hard, rabid hockey fans, and awesome fans that are the Caniacs.

You both better be here next year. From opening night all they way till the end of the season. I want to see you guys support your team when they tank it next year. I want to see you guys defend your team when the attendance is smaller than a high school graduation party. I want to see you guys bring your hockey knowledge, since you know so much more than us. And I want to see you guys throw out your useless hockey stats all season long.

See ya next October. Don't ***** out.

Bill Brasky
06-21-2006, 12:14 AM
They'll be here, probably because there is no demand for a message board in the ever growing and vastly populated CANIAC NATION.

We'll give them a home, then **** in their bed.

BleedinGreenNC
06-21-2006, 06:13 AM
I'm done bringing up injuries and all this other garbage.

However, I have a proposal for the two die hard, rabid hockey fans, and awesome fans that are the Caniacs.

You both better be here next year. From opening night all they way till the end of the season. I want to see you guys support your team when they tank it next year. I want to see you guys defend your team when the attendance is smaller than a high school graduation party. I want to see you guys bring your hockey knowledge, since you know so much more than us. And I want to see you guys throw out your useless hockey stats all season long.

See ya next October. Don't ***** out.

Trust me we will be here, i stay on this board daily. The fact still remains, we won the cup, no matter how many fans you think you know that we have, and yes i agree, you do have a bigger fan base, the Sabres have been around for a long time, Buffalo may be a bigger hockey area than Raleigh right now, and everyone knows that, but for them to only be down here for 10 years and win a cup, that's not bad.

Bill Brasky
06-21-2006, 10:11 AM
but for them to only be down here for 10 years and win a cup, that's not bad.

The Hartford/NE Whalers have been around since 1972. It's not like your city adopted a brand new start-up.

And you should be so lucky as to have a team, as are we. Hartford was 1 - close to never leaving and 2 - almost moved to Fairfield Co., including many other areas, instead of Raleigh. You only got the team after the 1st two options and numerous other locales fell through.

chernobylwraiths
06-21-2006, 06:49 PM

Nice, a parade of thirty thousand? Must have been a race on.

BleedinGreenNC
06-21-2006, 06:56 PM
The Hartford/NE Whalers have been around since 1972. It's not like your city adopted a brand new start-up.

And you should be so lucky as to have a team, as are we. Hartford was 1 - close to never leaving and 2 - almost moved to Fairfield Co., including many other areas, instead of Raleigh. You only got the team after the 1st two options and numerous other locales fell through.

And yet we have a cup and you dont!!

G Wolly
06-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Carolina knows jack about hockey.

Carolina fans are so faithful, which must be why they allow Buffalo fans to buy up the remaining tickets for the first two games of the series in Carolina right?

RockStar36
06-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Trust me we will be here, i stay on this board daily. The fact still remains, we won the cup, no matter how many fans you think you know that we have, and yes i agree, you do have a bigger fan base, the Sabres have been around for a long time, Buffalo may be a bigger hockey area than Raleigh right now, and everyone knows that, but for them to only be down here for 10 years and win a cup, that's not bad.

The Marlins won the world series twice in a similar time span. That doesn't mean Florida is the biggest and best baseball town in America.

SABuffalo786
06-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Congratulations Hartford! Here's your trophy:

http://www.icecats.com/cup2.jpg

BleedinGreenNC
06-22-2006, 06:28 AM
The Marlins won the world series twice in a similar time span. That doesn't mean Florida is the biggest and best baseball town in America.

We are not saying that we are the best, we are just happy that we won the Cup, it is our first major pro title, how many pro titles does Buffalo have? What college Championships does Buffalo have?

BleedinGreenNC
06-22-2006, 06:29 AM
Congratulations Hartford! Here's your trophy:

http://www.icecats.com/cup2.jpg

Where's your trophy?

Bill Brasky
06-22-2006, 07:51 AM
And yet we have a cup and you dont!!

That's funny. Are you on the roster? Otherwise, you don't have a cup. You're jackass team full of jerryatrics and crybabies does.

SABuffalo786
06-22-2006, 11:40 AM
What college Championships does Buffalo have?

See, we don't care about College sports. Just like you don't care about hockey.

SABuffalo786
06-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Where's your trophy?

I'd rather keep the curse going than winning a tainted Cup.