PDA

View Full Version : Bills' ticket sales slumping

Bill Brasky
06-21-2006, 02:47 AM
About a month before the Buffalo Bills start training camp, there is mixed news from the team's ticket office on sales for the 2006 season.

Season ticket sales are down slightly from 2005 though four of the eight home games are pacing toward sellouts. Advance sales to season ticket account holders and group sales have resulted in just limited tickets remaining for games against the New York Jets on Sept. 24, Minnesota on Oct. 1, New England on Oct. 22 and Green Bay on Nov. 5.

The Bills confirmed that season ticket sales, which reached their highest point in a dozen years in 2005, are running about 5 percent behind last season's count of 47,246. Also, all eight home games at Ralph Wilson Stadium last season sold out in time for the local TV blackout to be lifted, one of the few times that has happened in franchise history.

http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2006/06/19/daily18.html?jst=b_ln_hl

Jan Reimers
06-21-2006, 04:06 AM
The first 4 games are virtual sellouts, and season ticket sales will still be in the 44,000 to 45,000 range, which is pretty good compared to any season in the last 12, other than last year.

I don't quite get the negativity, except that that's how everything in Buffalo gets reported.

Night Train
06-21-2006, 05:35 AM
There is always a mini surge of season ticket purchases in the late summer, once training camp and pre-season games give the ticket buying fan something to look at. Then the final figures are released in Sept. - I'm guessing 45-47 thousand seasons.

An actual slump would equate to thousands of unsold seats on gameday. That's not even close to happening yet.

Historian
06-21-2006, 05:55 AM
I don't understand the negativity either.

That's still a lot of season ticket holders.

mybills
06-21-2006, 07:24 AM
I still need another ticket for the Jets game, and Eb hasn't gotten back to me yet. :(

Dr. Lecter
06-21-2006, 07:29 AM
There are quite a few ticket holders. One reason for the potential slight decrease is the impending increase in Sabres season tickets.

But it is the damn Western New York mentality. We, as a region, like to cry, whine and feel sorry for ourselves. That is one of the reasons this are is struggling as a whole.

THATHURMANATOR
06-21-2006, 08:01 AM
The first 4 games are virtual sellouts, and season ticket sales will still be in the 44,000 to 45,000 range, which is pretty good compared to any season in the last 12, other than last year.

I don't quite get the negativity, except that that's how everything in Buffalo gets reported.
Took the words right out of my mouth!

Mr. Pink
06-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Go figure season ticket sales are slightly down....who would have thought that some fans might actually be upset that they haven't substantially done anything to improve the on the field product? Weird how that works out!

ICE74129
06-21-2006, 08:43 AM
Go figure season ticket sales are slightly down....who would have thought that some fans might actually be upset that they haven't substantially done anything to improve the on the field product? Weird how that works out!

funny how that works huh? We start off 2-6 and see how quickly the fans to ape **** at the stadium too. Ralph thought he had it bad last year?

OpIv37
06-21-2006, 09:04 AM
I'm surprised that bringing back Peerless Price didn't result in higher ticket sales :rolleyes:

EricStratton
06-21-2006, 09:07 AM
Only a 5% slump with the economy being what it is, inflation rising and energy costs rising daily is pretty much a gain IMO.

RockStar36
06-21-2006, 09:08 AM
If tickets sales are going down it might be caused by six straight years w/o the playoffs.

Bill Brasky
06-21-2006, 10:28 AM
If tickets sales are going down it might be caused by six straight years w/o the playoffs.

I blame the poor concession choices and the terrible Jumbotron/Entertainment experience. I also blame Billy Buffalo

footballhottie
06-21-2006, 10:35 AM
WAIT! ****! when is training camp?!

RockStar36
06-21-2006, 10:39 AM
I blame the poor concession choices and the terrible Jumbotron/Entertainment experience. I also blame Billy Buffalo

Like that bus race? WTF is that about?

Bill Brasky
06-21-2006, 12:35 PM
thank god we have the best tailgating in the league, because most other stadiums can whoop RWS's ass in every other area.

i could really care less. i go to watch the games, not the jumbotron. i know it annoys some people though.

the one thing i never understood is why they don't offer local foods at the concessions. BOW, wings, etc... i drive all the way up there i want to eat something local, not damn nachos.

OpIv37
06-21-2006, 01:01 PM
thank god we have the best tailgating in the league, because most other stadiums can whoop RWS's ass in every other area.

i could really care less. i go to watch the games, not the jumbotron. i know it annoys some people though.

the one thing i never understood is why they don't offer local foods at the concessions. BOW, wings, etc... i drive all the way up there i want to eat something local, not damn nachos.

I agree, but most of the people who go to the games ARE local and can get that stuff anytime they want. They don't cater to the relatively few psychos who spend 14 hours traveling to get to and from games.

Bill Brasky
06-21-2006, 01:06 PM
They don't cater to the relatively few psychos who spend 14 hours traveling to get to and from games.
well they should god dammit. i want my damn WINGS

lordofgun
06-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth!
I doubt you would have been as eloquent, thurm.

R. Rich
06-22-2006, 03:08 PM
I agree, but most of the people who go to the games ARE local and can get that stuff anytime they want. They don't cater to the relatively few psychos who spend 14 hours traveling to get to and from games.

They do cater to psychos who travel just over 6 hours each way, though.

OpIv37
06-22-2006, 03:10 PM
They do cater to psychos who travel just over 6 hours each way, though.

well I meant 14 hours round trip. I could do it in just over 6 if there weren't so many damn cops on the PA turnpike.

R. Rich
06-22-2006, 03:13 PM
well I meant 14 hours round trip. I could do it in just over 6 if there weren't so many damn cops on the PA turnpike.

Don't take the turnpike. I don't.

OpIv37
06-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Don't take the turnpike. I don't.

well how do you get there? The only other way I know is taking 15 all the way to 17, then taking 390 to 90 or staying on 17 to 90. Neither is as direct as the PA turnpike.

R. Rich
06-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Ask G. Host about it. He knows the way I take, since he's been driving that same way for years.

Bill Brasky
06-22-2006, 04:54 PM
**** the Turnpike. Take the 380 to 81 to 86 (17) to 390 if you can.

From 380 to 86, which is roughly 1-2 hours, there are never any cops on the road.

Michael82
06-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Like that bus race? WTF is that about?
the most ******ed thing EVER! :ill:

I'm hoping it's gone this year. :pray:

Michael82
06-22-2006, 05:25 PM

Good point. I can get wings, beef on weck, steak sandwiches, and all that other stuff at a Rochester Red Wings game. Why the hell can't I get that kind of stuff in Ralph Wilson stadium?!? :mad: i don't understand why the hell their concession choices are soo blah. They could really make good money off of it if they expanded them. At least offer wings and beef on weck. :up:

Jan Reimers
06-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Good point. I can get wings, beef on weck, steak sandwiches, and all that other stuff at a Rochester Red Wings game. Why the hell can't I get that kind of stuff in Ralph Wilson stadium?!? :mad: i don't understand why the hell their concession choices are soo blah. They could really make good money off of it if they expanded them. At least offer wings and beef on weck. :up:
They have wings and beef on weck in the Jim Kelly Club, but neither is very good. I'd rather go to the BarBill in East Aurora sometime during Bills' weekend to get the Buffalo stuff that I can't get here in North Carolina.

Michael82
06-22-2006, 05:55 PM
They have wings and beef on weck in the Jim Kelly Club, but neither is very good. I'd rather go to the BarBill in East Aurora sometime during Bills' weekend to get the Buffalo stuff that I can't get here in North Carolina.
I figured with the prices that they charge they would have steak, prime rib, chicken and other good foods in the clubs. Man, I guess people are right. Ralph Wilson Stadium is definitely behind the times.

OpIv37
06-22-2006, 09:37 PM
**** the Turnpike. Take the 380 to 81 to 86 (17) to 390 if you can.

From 380 to 86, which is roughly 1-2 hours, there are never any cops on the road.

from this area, 81 goes at least 50 miles out of my way.

BillyT92679
06-22-2006, 11:30 PM
These numbers aren't bad at all... considering how awful the Bills were last year, the state of the economy (23K moved out of the Buffalo-Niagara area in the past five years alone) and the fact that Sabres tickets were selling so well.

I'm impressed... get a few good wins and you can see maybe 6 or 7 sellouts or even all 8.

Jan Reimers
06-23-2006, 04:43 AM
I figured with the prices that they charge they would have steak, prime rib, chicken and other good foods in the clubs. Man, I guess people are right. Ralph Wilson Stadium is definitely behind the times.
Yeah, not only is the food pretty ordinary (except for the pot roast sandwich), but they don't have Guinness or any other decent beer on tap, and not one single malt scotch. It makes watching some of our losses very tough.

Michael82
06-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Yeah, not only is the food pretty ordinary (except for the pot roast sandwich), but they don't have Guinness or any other decent beer on tap, and not one single malt scotch. It makes watching some of our losses very tough.
No wonder they cant sell out the clubs. If they look at what other teams are doing with their box seats and clubs, they are totally different. They try to make it a VIP type experience. It doesnt sound like the Bills do that.

R. Rich
06-23-2006, 02:54 PM

What an Outer Banks snob.

Bill Brasky
06-23-2006, 04:39 PM
ha