PDA

View Full Version : How to make the NFL Network Better!

blackonyx89
06-21-2006, 01:06 PM
I watch NFL Network and at times it's very bland. Any ideas as far as them improving their coverage?

Gunzlingr
06-21-2006, 01:19 PM
ICE should have a show where the League's coaches and GMs call in for football advice.

Bill Brasky
06-21-2006, 01:21 PM
skooby can be his field reporter.

Earthquake Enyart
06-21-2006, 01:22 PM
They should do a show about people who set up Yahoo news groups about the cheerleaders.

ICE74129
06-21-2006, 01:24 PM
ICE should have a show where the League's coaches and GMs call in for football advice.

They are too stupid to listen. BTW..here is the only coaching and team advising you guys should even attempt...
http://www.easports.com/nflheadcoach/index.jsp

OpIv37
06-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Every time there is a good play, they should show a clip of John Madden going "Bam" or Stuart Scott going "Boo-Yaah!".

Oh, and they should give a Player of the Week Award- the prize is getting to kick Tony Kornheiser in the nuts.

OpIv37
06-21-2006, 01:34 PM
and maybe a 45 minute special on Martin Nance that gets re-played at least twice a day until camp starts and there's real news.

Dr. Lecter
06-21-2006, 01:37 PM
There is only so much a network like that can do in the offseason.

blackonyx89
06-21-2006, 01:39 PM
I love cheerleaders but I think they can cut back on those stupid NFL Cheerleaders "documentaries". Waste of NFL film IMO!

Earthquake Enyart
06-21-2006, 01:39 PM
They should follow Tedi Bruschi 24/7

Gunzlingr
06-21-2006, 01:42 PM

They could show him performing miracles like healing the sick and making the blind see, and stroking out for our sins.

Night Train
06-21-2006, 01:43 PM
How about old highlights of " This Week In the NFL " or NFL-AFL Game Of The Week ? . Those shows started back in the 1960's. Fantastic stuff.

Or buy all the football shows of " Greatest Sports Legends " .

OpIv37
06-21-2006, 01:44 PM

There already is a network for that. It's called ESPN.

Earthquake Enyart
06-21-2006, 01:51 PM
There already is a network for that. It's called ESPN.
When they can fit him in between the Yankees and Red Sox.

Bill Brasky
06-21-2006, 02:00 PM
I love cheerleaders but I think they can cut back on those stupid NFL Cheerleaders "documentaries". Waste of NFL film IMO!

How are T & A a waste of film?

Rap videos are a waste of film. As are Julia Roberts movies.

blackonyx89
06-21-2006, 02:15 PM
How are T & A a waste of film?

Rap videos are a waste of film. As are Julia Roberts movies.
Rap Videos have T&A as well.So formulaic and they suck!!! Southern Rappers sucks too! As far as Julia Roberts films,the only movie I liked her in were Sleeping With the Enemy,Flatliners and Erin Brockovich.

Michael82
06-21-2006, 02:29 PM
How to make the NFL Network better.........

Offer it on Time Warner Cable! :mad:

BillsNick
06-21-2006, 02:32 PM

Or they could cut down on the cheerleader talking parts, and show more dancing. :naughty:

I think that the NFL network could stop showing the same damn "Game of the Week" every freakin day. maybe a couple new shows.

The_Philster
06-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Honestly, I think the Making The Squad series was a bad idea. I can see why they would do it...to let fans see what goes into selecting NFL Cheerleaders..but I've seen reactions of veterans getting cut first-hand and it sucks...especially if you know them :(

LifetimeBillsFan
06-21-2006, 03:34 PM

I'll second that! Not having it or being able to get the Direct Ticket are the only complaints I have with my cable company (which was taken over by TW, but still has all of the same local people who ran it so well before).

LifetimeBillsFan
06-21-2006, 03:34 PM

I'll second that! Not having it or being able to get the Direct Ticket are the only complaints I have with my cable company (which was taken over by TW, but still has all of the same local people who ran it so well before).

The_Philster
06-21-2006, 03:36 PM

DirecTV :biggrin:

ICE74129
06-21-2006, 03:36 PM

Here in town Cox has it. My oldest boy and I watch it nightly. I hate the fact cable wasn't given a legit shot at the NFL Sunday ticket. DTV would go tits up if not for NFLST

Michael82
06-21-2006, 04:14 PM
DirecTV :biggrin:
:tongue:

The_Philster
06-21-2006, 05:22 PM
:tongue:
You need to convince your parents DirecTV is cheaper and better. I'd have to pay twice as much to Time Warner as I currently do to DirecTV to get what I'm getting now.....and I still wouldn't get NFL Network

Thurmal
06-21-2006, 05:27 PM
They should replay classic games in their entirety. I still have no idea why this isn't done.

The_Philster
06-21-2006, 05:28 PM
They should replay classic games in their entirety. I still have no idea why this isn't done.
That would be sweet :up:

ublinkwescore
06-21-2006, 05:37 PM
They should make their own "Fanatic" show where a fan of a different team each week gets selected to spend a week with his or her favorite team and ask the players/coaches questions during practice breaks, and follow some players out at night.

Dozerdog
06-21-2006, 06:33 PM
Here in town Cox has it. My oldest boy and I watch it nightly. I hate the fact cable wasn't given a legit shot at the NFL Sunday ticket. DTV would go tits up if not for NFLST:rofl: another classic

Kinda like dish network going belly up because they don't have the Sunday ticket?

:coocoo:

Michael82
06-21-2006, 07:11 PM
You need to convince your parents DirecTV is cheaper and better. I'd have to pay twice as much to Time Warner as I currently do to DirecTV to get what I'm getting now.....and I still wouldn't get DirecTV
We used to have DirecTV years ago, back when there was a channel called "The NFL Channel" that showed those old NFL Films shows, mainly "Football Follies" but also some other ones.

We had too many problems losing the signal during rain, snow and very windy days, so we got rid of it. We have had no problemswith Time Warner Digital Cable. :up:

The_Philster
06-21-2006, 08:21 PM
I live in the Southern Tier...not exactly immune to bad weather...only had one short outage so far in the year I've had DirecTV. I had a long outage on Super Bowl Sunday last year. Luckily it was early in the day...before anything of note came on...that was on Time Warner. Add in the much higher costs and the lack of the channel that I have on half the time these days...Time Warner was garbage, IMO :down:

Michael82
06-21-2006, 08:56 PM
I live in the Southern Tier...not exactly immune to bad weather...only had one short outage so far in the year I've had DirecTV. I had a long outage on Super Bowl Sunday last year. Luckily it was early in the day...before anything of note came on...that was on Time Warner. Add in the much higher costs and the lack of the channel that I have on half the time these days...Time Warner was garbage, IMO :down:
wait til your satellite bills start skyrocketing. You'll say the same thing about them.

LifetimeBillsFan
06-21-2006, 10:19 PM
We used to have DirecTV years ago, back when there was a channel called "The NFL Channel" that showed those old NFL Films shows, mainly "Football Follies" but also some other ones.

We had too many problems losing the signal during rain, snow and very windy days, so we got rid of it. We have had no problemswith Time Warner Digital Cable. :up:

I had DirecTV, too and had similar problems. Because of the closeness of the houses in my neighborhood, the height of my three family house, and the loss of the signal towers that used to be on top of the WTC buildings, the only place that they could mount the dish and point it in the proper direction was on the roof of the porch. Two weeks after we had it installed, we had a snowstorm that covered the dish and we weren't able to get up on the porch roof to clear off the snow, so we lost our signal. Two days later, my wife and I decided to call the cable company and have them resume our service! I gave the DirecTV equipment to a friend of mine who lives further out from the heart of NYC and was able to hook it up without any hassles.

Even if we hadn't had that snowstorm, though, we probably would have still gotten rid of the DirecTV anyway. We get four PBS channels on our cable system that were not available on DirecTV and the cost of all of the channels that we get with the cable package that we had at the time was have been only $ 4.00 a month less with DirecTV. When we switched back to cable, we were able to get a special discount rate on both the TV service and internet access that also allowed us to switch over to VOIP phone service. The net result was that we ended up with an extra movie package and cable internet service for $ 6.00 more than I would have paid for DirecTV and dial-up service and we are saving an average of more than $ 70.00 a month on our phone bill (we make a lot of long-distance calls but only pay a flat rate of $ 20.95 for all calls in the US and Canada with no additional cost for how long my calls are--$.03 to the places in Europe where members of my wife's family live). And, if anything happens to either our TV or internet access, all we have to do is pick up a phone and, at worse, a repairman will be here in less than 48 hours to fix the problem (actually, I've never had to wait that long for the cable TV to be repaired--like I said, my local cable company people are really good!). The only thing we don't have is NFL Network and the NFL Sunday Ticket packages.

So, I really don't want to switch from the setup that we have right now. I just want Time Warner to get the NFL Network. And, the NFL to get it's head out of its butt and get rid of the exclusive deal that it has with DirecTV on the Sunday Ticket package!

I agree with you, ICE, I think that the NFL could have made a lot more money by marketing the package through the various cable companies than through DirecTV, even though it might have cost them more initially than it did to make the deal that they made. I think they took the quickest and easiest route for themselves and not necessarily the most lucrative. But, then again, they have really positioned themselves very well to create a bidding war over their package when their deal with DirecTV expires (I was really surprised that they extended that deal as quickly as they did!). A lot of cable companies are really lousy, but, even so, DirecTV isn't for everyone. It's not really an option for a lot of people that I know here in the NYC area (a lot of apartment buildings won't allow you to mount the dish on the outside of the building, for example)--and in some other parts of the country as well I suspect.

The_Philster
06-22-2006, 04:51 AM
wait til your satellite bills start skyrocketing. You'll say the same thing about them.
They'd have to double in price before they got to be as bad as cable

Patrick76777
06-22-2006, 07:58 AM
When they can fit him in between the Yankees and Red Sox.

And the NBA

Earthquake Enyart
06-22-2006, 08:07 AM
Pat, when is your cool NFL Network show gonna be on?

Patrick76777
06-22-2006, 08:11 AM
Pat, when is your cool NFL Network show gonna be on?

Haven't heard anything. I'm sure nothing will happen.

Hey, what about the heartfelt story of Phil seeing Vet Cheerleaders get cut. Cuts right to the heart.

blackonyx89
06-22-2006, 08:13 AM
That would be sweet :up:

Especially the Bills greatest comeback ever game against Houston!

YES!!!!

Gunzlingr
06-22-2006, 08:17 AM
I like Blinky's idea.

lordofgun
06-22-2006, 08:19 AM
Less McGahee.

Earthquake Enyart
06-22-2006, 08:34 AM
They should do a show about people who set up Yahoo news groups about the cheerleaders.
Beat you to it.

Bulldog
06-22-2006, 08:37 AM
Haven't heard anything. I'm sure nothing will happen.

Hey, what about the heartfelt story of Phil seeing Vet Cheerleaders get cut. Cuts right to the heart.

Yeah, that really hit me hard. I wonder if Phil hugs them after they get cut?

Patrick76777
06-22-2006, 08:50 AM
Beat you to it.

I know, but I was talking about this quote after you.

Honestly, I think the Making The Squad series was a bad idea. I can see why they would do it...to let fans see what goes into selecting NFL Cheerleaders..but I've seen reactions of veterans getting cut first-hand and it sucks...especially if you know them :(

Earthquake Enyart
06-22-2006, 09:04 AM
I know, but I was talking about this quote after you.
Phil's right. There would be too much drama.

CuseJetsFan83
06-25-2006, 04:26 AM
first off as far as the cable/satellite companies...... i believe all should show nfl network, just like us in syracuse should get the former Empire Sports on too........ just an idea, but what if they made like a regional/team specific show....... for the fans like a monday morning qb style show where you ***** and moan/praise the past week, and mull on to the future......... although, who knows with the jets getting their media channel with the mets..... maybe the bills can get more than just a talk show here and there......

They are too stupid to listen. BTW..here is the only coaching and team advising you guys should even attempt...
http://www.easports.com/nflheadcoach/index.jsp

i've played the game........ and its a bit tedious at first but it really is a great game....... i had to interview to prove my "persona" had offers with the "worst" of the 2005 teams as i come from the pittsburgh coaching staff (at least thats how their story goes)

if you have played franchise mode on Madden, its just like that but more in depth..... the only thing i kinda dont like is the fact that the rosters are wayyyyyyyy outta date..... for example my jets still have mawae, law, and a few others on the team....

some of the crazyness though is you have to do the draft and call the agents/teams and such. reggie bush fell to the mid teens in the one i did........ and in this draft the bills took vince young....... does the game know something the bills dont?....... doubt it..... but anywho...... if your looking for a challenge, i suggest nfl head coach

Michael82
06-25-2006, 01:38 PM
first off as far as the cable/satellite companies...... i believe all should show nfl network, just like us in syracuse should get the former Empire Sports on too........ just an idea, but what if they made like a regional/team specific show....... for the fans like a monday morning qb style show where you ***** and moan/praise the past week, and mull on to the future......... although, who knows with the jets getting their media channel with the mets..... maybe the bills can get more than just a talk show here and there......

i've played the game........ and its a bit tedious at first but it really is a great game....... i had to interview to prove my "persona" had offers with the "worst" of the 2005 teams as i come from the pittsburgh coaching staff (at least thats how their story goes)

if you have played franchise mode on Madden, its just like that but more in depth..... the only thing i kinda dont like is the fact that the rosters are wayyyyyyyy outta date..... for example my jets still have mawae, law, and a few others on the team....

some of the crazyness though is you have to do the draft and call the agents/teams and such. reggie bush fell to the mid teens in the one i did........ and in this draft the bills took vince young....... does the game know something the bills dont?....... doubt it..... but anywho...... if your looking for a challenge, i suggest nfl head coach
Thanks for the review....I was wondering about that game. :up:

CuseJetsFan83
06-25-2006, 01:53 PM
well, like i said....... depends on how much of a "gamer" you are. if you have played the most recent versions of madden, you will be okay.

the best part is the fact you have to get your players familiarized with the playbooks and in practice the actual training for it. yeah you could be a pessimist and be all like you dont actually play the game, but thats the best part, just like in real coaching you call the plays, your coordinators give you what they think it shoudl be, and if a player slacks...... take their ass out

Michael82
06-25-2006, 02:13 PM
well, like i said....... depends on how much of a "gamer" you are. if you have played the most recent versions of madden, you will be okay.

the best part is the fact you have to get your players familiarized with the playbooks and in practice the actual training for it. yeah you could be a pessimist and be all like you dont actually play the game, but thats the best part, just like in real coaching you call the plays, your coordinators give you what they think it shoudl be, and if a player slacks...... take their ass out

I'm almost always finishing the season 15-1 or 16-0 in Franchise mode. I've been looking for something more challenging. I'll have to check out EA Sports Head Coach.

:up:

bledslow
06-26-2006, 12:29 AM
I looked 2 years into the future for the nfl network,and they are still repeating the shows..I just finished watching for the 5th time in one day''HOW THE BILLS MOVED TO L.A'' documentary. Good episode.

All joking aside,they do need more patriot stuff on there. bruschi stuff should be at the top of the list. Nothing beats watching bill fans take shots at bruschi due to severe bitterness and jealousy.

R. Rich
06-26-2006, 09:09 AM
Fire Eisen, who is extremely annoying and one of the worst interviewers I've seen. He's right up there w/ Eric Dickerson and Ronnie Lott in terms of interviewing skills.

lordofgun
06-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Fire Eisen, who is extremely annoying and one of the worst interviewers I've seen. He's right up there w/ Eric Dickerson and Ronnie Lott in terms of interviewing skills.
racist

ICE74129
06-26-2006, 02:22 PM

I didn't like it. Too slow. It took like 2 hours just to get to the draft. I traded willis and #8 to get #1 and take Bush. The owner was happy about it but he had a 69 rating or something stupid like that.

I didn't like I couldn't call but 3 agents at one time, then you only get to call them 2x per week or something like that. You can only call other GM's 1-2x per week also. That is un realistic. As is having meetings every day etc.

ICE74129
06-26-2006, 02:24 PM

I think he does a fine job and the meat of the fans love the guy. The players do too.

When the season picks up so will their show. For a month before the draft and a couple weeks after they were fine. There just isn't anything going on right now

R. Rich
06-26-2006, 02:49 PM
racist

Yes?

R. Rich
06-26-2006, 02:52 PM
I think he does a fine job and the meat of the fans love the guy. The players do too.

When the season picks up so will their show. For a month before the draft and a couple weeks after they were fine. There just isn't anything going on right now

It's not the time of the year. I just don't like the guy. I don't think he's very funny, he can be very annoying when trying to work one of his jokes into a question/statement, and his interviews are near painful to watch. I think they could do much better than him.

ICE74129
06-26-2006, 02:53 PM
It's not the time of the year. I just don't like the guy. I don't think he's very funny, he can be very annoying when trying to work one of his jokes into a question/statement, and his interviews are near painful to watch. I think they could do much better than him.

And apperantly the majority that watch disagree :oops:

The_Philster
06-26-2006, 03:20 PM
I don't know, ICE. I like Eisen but I see what Rich is saying. He's trying to hard to be funny and it detracts from his abilities as an anchor. Honestly? He's heading down the same road that Stuart Scott took many years ago, IMO.

R. Rich
06-26-2006, 03:44 PM

I'm not one to follow "the majority". If people are happy w/ him, so be it. He still needs to become a better interviewer nevertheless. After all, "the majority" buy crap like Britney Spears CDs, yet nobody will mistake her for a real singer like the late Billie Holliday.

ICE74129
06-26-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm not one to follow "the majority". If people are happy w/ him, so be it. He still needs to become a better interviewer nevertheless. After all, "the majority" buy crap like Britney Spears CDs, yet nobody will mistake her for a real singer like the late Billie Holliday.

Get up to speed, no one likes Britney anymore...not for years now.

R. Rich
06-26-2006, 03:48 PM
My point still stands: just as nobody should take box office receipts as evidence of a classic movie, or CD sales as an example of a great singer, the same can be said of the popularity of TV personalities as competent journalists.

Michael82
06-27-2006, 09:36 AM
And what proof do you have? Because I have always heard opposite. Many people cant stand him and only watch just because they want to catch up on the league and their favorite team. :::

R. Rich
06-27-2006, 09:56 AM
And what proof do you have? Because I have always heard opposite. Many people cant stand him and only watch just because they want to catch up on the league and their favorite team. :::

Shhh! He's on a roll.