PDA

View Full Version : Sabres picked to win Cup

carybillsfan
06-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Pretty good read, accurate on a lot of points. I just hope the front office is as commited to keeping the core intact, as they've recently stated. McKee and Grier are must signs. Only 3 months til next season.

"Your 2006-07 Stanley Cup champs? The Buffalo Sabres. Remember, you read it here first."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/allan_muir/06/21/inside.nhl/index.html

Bill Brasky
06-21-2006, 01:40 PM
too bad marty won't be here. he misfired on a few points, but all things considered i have to put them as the frontrunners in the east.

carybillsfan
06-21-2006, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Marty was here next year, he's a RFA and they should tender him an offer. I think it sucks for him but its good for the sabres to retain his services.

Gmcc24
06-21-2006, 02:22 PM
I think many people will have the Sabres as frontrunners. Although Las Vegas odds don't have them as some of the front runners for next year....which is absurd. I think many people realize that the sabres are for real, and that they probably could of and should have won this year. Unfortunately injuries played a deadly role. October is only a few months away :-D

Typ0
06-21-2006, 04:58 PM
I am excited about the team and behind them...but I don't see it happening as we won't keep this team together enough. I think we will focus on keeping a couple players and the rest of the positions will be a revolving door. Let's pray Vanek turns into a superstar and connely never gets another cuncusion.

SABURZFAN
06-21-2006, 05:10 PM
does this count as a SI jinx?

SkateZilla
06-22-2006, 12:42 PM
You Heard it here First, thanks for the JINX S.I.

ddaryl
06-23-2006, 02:02 AM
Until we see what happens after this offseason with out FA's it's hard to say. If we re-sign most everyone then yes we deserve consideration as the top contender, if we don't then maybe.

I'm worried, we have too many FA's