PDA

View Full Version : Another article predicting a Sabres Cup Victory in 07

Bill Brasky
06-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Wide right.

No goal.

It’s painful to be a Buffalo sports fan.

The Bills lost four straight Super Bowls, a streak which commenced in Super Bowl XXV when kicker Scott Norwood’s 47-yard field goal attempt in the dying seconds of the game faded meekly to the right of the uprights.

The Sabres lost the 1998-99 Stanley Cup finals in triple overtime in the sixth game of the series on home ice when Brett Hull of the Dallas Stars slid a puck past Buffalo goalie Dominik Hasek while his skate was clearly in the goal crease, which was against league rules at the time.

The Braves, the city’s NBA franchise, left town and eventually became the Los Angeles Clippers.

OK, so maybe the last thing wasn’t all bad.

Still, rooting for the home team in Buffalo is all about the suffering. It is the close-but-no-cigar town of professional sports.

Buffalo hasn’t won a title in any of the major sports since the Bills beat the San Diego Chargers 23-0 in the 1965 American Football League championship, a league which ceased to exist in 1970.

But, as Reggie Dunlop emphatically told sportswriter Dickie Dunn in the cult hit Slap Shot, that situation is about to change.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13426956/

Bill Brasky
06-21-2006, 01:55 PM
And if you think the parties in Tampa Bay and Carolina the past two seasons were something, wait until Buffalo’s day in the sun finally arrives.That’s going to be some celebration.

PcA125
06-21-2006, 01:58 PM
PLEASE...PLEASE let that day come!!! :pray:

SkateZilla
06-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Dont get me wrong here,

but i liked it better when sport writers pick us to finish last and say we suck, the team just plays better all season when they do that..:bandwagon

Gmcc24
06-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Dont get me wrong here,

but i liked it better when sport writers pick us to finish last and say we suck, the team just plays better all season when they do that..:bandwagon

Thats a very good point. Like this year...we were picked to finish in the bottom of the league...look what happened. Teams will be ready for the Sabres next year, which may or may not mean anything. I think the team will play very well, because I think they'll have an "unfinished business" type motivation because of what happened in the ECF's.

In 98 they went to the Conference finals, and lost to the Caps in 6 games. In 99, they went another step and went to the Stanley cup Finals. I know the rosters are 100% different, but this could be another repeat of that scenario....lets just hope that they would actually win this time instead of being cheated lol

Bill Brasky
06-21-2006, 04:07 PM
Dont get me wrong here,

i agree

SABURZFAN
06-21-2006, 05:13 PM
And if you think the parties in Tampa Bay and Carolina the past two seasons were something, wait until Buffalo’s day in the sun finally arrives.That’s going to be some celebration.

people will be partying through the offseason. :up:

SpillerThrills
06-22-2006, 12:09 PM
people will be partying through the offseason. :up:

I'm sure we'll still be partying mid way through the next season!!